Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newcut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76755 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi there

we currently have a problem with our Inspire 2.  We wanted to take the Aircraft for a testflight a week ago but we got the error message "Remote Controller Signal weak" on our Remote Controllers. The image quality also got much worse as the bitrate dropped and green and black frames could be seen. The Aircraft was very hard to control when that message appeared as it responded only once every few seconds. We also noticed the pairing button flashing red and green repeatedly. This problem still occurs everytime we want to test the Aircraft after changing some settings.

We are using a Cendence with a Crystalsky 7.85" as Master and a normal Inspire 2 Remote Controller with a Crystalsky 5.5" as a Slave. We tried using other Remotes or only one Remote with no effect and we also tried using an iPad as screen or no screen at all with the same result. The problem mostly occurs on the outside. We tried several locations already but the error message always showed up. When we were testing the settings of the Aircraft on the inside the message almost never showed up. We also updated everything on the latest firmware version but nothing changed. Downgrades using the DJI GO 4 App on the iPad are not possible for the Aircraft and the RCs. We also checked if the antennas of the Aircraft itself were fine and we couldn't detect any damage.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

2020-2-28
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you were close, then you have defective equipment.
2020-2-28
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It is possible that RC antenna(s) wiring is broken internally. It's relatively easy to remove the back of Cendence with antenna sockets and check the wiring.
2020-2-29
Use props
newcut
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-29 10:53
It is possible that RC antenna(s) wiring is broken internally. It's relatively easy to remove the back of Cendence with antenna sockets and check the wiring.

Hi Matthew
thank you for the reply. We don't really think that the Remotes are broken. We already tested to fly only using the cendence or one of our two Inspire 2 RCs and the problem always showed up. Since it also doesn't matter if there is a screen connected to the remote or not we think that the problem should be in the aircraft itself.
2020-3-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

newcut Posted at 3-2 00:00
Hi Matthew
thank you for the reply. We don't really think that the Remotes are broken. We already tested to fly only using the cendence or one of our two Inspire 2 RCs and the problem always showed up. Since it also doesn't matter if there is a screen connected to the remote or not we think that the problem should be in the aircraft itself.

Oh, right, you mention this ... Well, I will check the antenna's connectors on bird now ...
2020-3-2
Use props
newcut
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Okay, so we checked the antennas, the cables on the antennas and also all the cables on the Main Controller and none of them were loose or damaged.

We also called the DJI support hotline yesterday and they told us to reinstall the firmware. We tested refreshing the current firmware, downgrading to the firmware before and resetting the aircraft to factory defaults via the DJI Assistant 2. Sadly none of those steps solved the issue. We also noticed that this signal error occurs regardless of what we do. It doesn't matter if the aircraft is in the air or just sitting on the ground, after some minutes the error message just pops up. But this only happens on the outside. If we start up the drone on the inside and let it sit for a while the error won't show up.
2020-3-3
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was coming here today with roughly the same issue.

CrystalSky and Cendence as the main controller. Problem is that I get signal is weak error. The main (XS5 camera) freezes and greys. The POV camera is still active and I still have control of the aircraft. I've found that if I unplug the patch antenna and plug it back in, I reestablish connection. Sometimes it also fixes itself on its own. In all cases, I'm close (within 400 ft.) of the aircraft sometimes when this happens. I'm in a rural area with no interference that I'm aware of. This has happened from quite a few locations in the last 2 weeks. Very annoying.
2020-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules