cool 360-pano with Mavik Mini ???
1913 11 2020-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

Our esteemed colleague Kilian Eisenegger talked about how to make a 360-panorama using the Mavi mini.
Watch his great video tutorial below.
The algorithm is simple. Three frames with different exposure, rotation, ...
My question is to dear guys from the DJI programmers team :
                - after all, all these operations can be implemented in the next DJI Fly firmware - isn't it?
It would be great if the Mavik mini got the opportunity to make 360-panoramas.
It is better, of course, to have a RAV photo for subsequent gluing at home, sitting in your own chair in front of a large PC.
How do we get it from Mavik Pro...
https://youtu.be/SvbtXRzUmTw

this 360-pano on Google maps:
2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Alexei Merinov. Thank you for sharing these information with us and this video as well. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-28
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-28 12:14
Hello and good day Alexei Merinov. Thank you for sharing these information with us and this video as well. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Again thank you for your valued support.

Thanks! You have a great team that makes superb adult toys. I am always happy to help!
Mavik mini is gorgeous. But for now, he does not have some options that I have in my Mavik Pro from March 2017. If the possibilities became the same, I would buy a Mavik mini!
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Alexei Merinov Posted at 2-29 07:13
Thanks! You have a great team that makes superb adult toys. I am always happy to help!
Mavik mini is gorgeous. But for now, he does not have some options that I have in my Mavik Pro from March 2017. If the possibilities became the same, I would buy a Mavik mini!

You are very much welcome Alexei Merinov. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are doing there best to improve the DJI Mavic Mini. Again thank you for your valued support and keep on flying.
2020-3-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, that is a 'must have' feature if you ask me!
2020-3-2
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Russia

Montfrooij Posted at 3-2 01:10
Yeah, that is a 'must have' feature if you ask me!

I suppose that DJI has an understanding - the Mavik mini in many countries is the only drone that can fly without breaking local laws.  No wonder that for Japan they made it even easier!
But this understanding is not shared by those guys from DJI who are promoting the heavier devices Mavik 2 pro, Spark, etc...
Therefore, they insisted that Mini was not a full-fledged Mavik with a considerable list of shortcomings.
Our task is to convince DJI that we can’t use anything other than the Mavik Mini (or very, very troublesome).  Those. or Mavik Mini or nothing.  Mavik mini should be a full drone DJI!
2020-3-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Alexei Merinov Posted at 3-3 02:08
I suppose that DJI has an understanding - the Mavik mini in many countries is the only drone that can fly without breaking local laws.  No wonder that for Japan they made it even easier!
But this understanding is not shared by those guys from DJI who are promoting the heavier devices Mavik 2 pro, Spark, etc...
Therefore, they insisted that Mini was not a full-fledged Mavik with a considerable list of shortcomings.

I think they might release a mini pro or something.
But not before the new rules are implemented.
That is just a guess of course
2020-3-3
Use props
DrewAdkins18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

I wonder if you could use this to create VR experiences?
2020-3-3
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Russia

DrewAdkins18 Posted at 3-3 08:14
I wonder if you could use this to create VR experiences?

Oh sure! 360 panoramas are already something virtual. Since without appropriate software (or a resource on the Internet) they will not work. Most programs for viewing suggest the possibility of virtual tours from one panorama to the next. And use to view the VR helmet.
I use a free 360city for hosting - there is a mode for the VR helmet. See the link icon in the upper right.

https://www.360cities.net/image/ ... es-in-spring-russia
2020-3-5
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

thanks for sharing this awesome video of yours
2020-3-23
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Russia

Zubayer.Khan Posted at 3-23 10:53
thanks for sharing this awesome video of yours

I was very surprised by the result that our colleague received from this tiny drone. I hope this option is already in the immediate plans for improving the Mavik mini
2020-3-24
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Alexei Merinov Posted at 3-24 09:08
I was very surprised by the result that our colleague received from this tiny drone. I hope this option is already in the immediate plans for improving the Mavik mini

yea that's true
2020-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules