Looks to be the original firmware and never updated
aircraft, 1.2.8
remote, 1.2.6
Do you think an update is necessary?

2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day 185EZ. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our valued DJI co pilots who uses the Nvidea Shield when flying there DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. In addition, upon checking the mobile device ( Nvidea Shield ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and with the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and with the said application. There is a possibility that the Nvidea Shield will be able to work on the said drone and with the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it on the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. Thank you.

2020-2-28
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396470 ft
United States

Thank you!
Everything works and flies great with my current firmware
People that use the P3A with the shield tablet have a version 1.3 and above
Does the firmware have updates that would affect the go app?
Do you think I should update or just leave it alone?
2020-2-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I have the Nvidia Shield K1 which I use to fly all my drones including two P3Ps and several P2s.  I've found strange things happen when I switch for one P3P to another P3P.  The DJI system doesn't seem to like switching drones / controllers with the tablet.  Last time I did it, the system didn't connect.  Fortunately a reboot of everything solve the problem after a loooong wait.  You have to be patient.  But problems like this come up every time I switch from one P3 to another.  After I finally get it working, it works perfectly until I switch again.  Good luck.
2020-2-29
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the help.
The tablet won't even connect.
What makes one tablet work and another not?
Even if it meets the system requirements
I could understand if the go app didn't work properly but I get nothing
Although I can click on the Inspire 1 camera view and it goes to the app page but still aircraft disconnected
2020-2-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You're not in the DC Balt area are you?
2020-2-29
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
United States

No
Arizona
2020-2-29
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

One "oddity" with the Shield is that it has to be set up for running the DJI GO program.
Press "settings".
Scroll right down and enable "Developer Options"
Scroll down and turn on "USB debugging"
Go back to Settings main menu' select the magnifying glass top right and type in "mtp" press the blue magnifying glass -
The result will be "Select USB Configuration" - click on it......
Click on "Select USB configuration" and then select "MTP"
Go out of Settings and open the DJI GO app.

You might have to check this setting fairly regularly, I did at first, but now very rarely and my P3A flies great with my Nvidia Shield.

You shouldn't need to update the frimware unless you want some of the additional features in later versions such as Follow Me and POI.
One other thing, have you got any other drone flying softwear installed such as GO4 or Litchi? I found that they tend to interfere with each other so only have DJI GO on the tablet now and all is well
2020-3-1
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
United States

Well I've tried just about everything.
debug, mtp, uninstalling, installing, waiting and more waiting.
Any chance it might be the GL300A remote?
I have a chance to buy a GL300C with the hdmi module.
Was really hoping to use my shield with the hdmi and goggles
And the ipad that works is 10". Just too big and awkward
This list has more tablets that work than DJI's list
Tablets that work
2020-3-1
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

If the RC works OK with your iPad then it can't be the RC itself, it must be either the Nvidia or the connection between the two.

I presume you are using the Micro-USB port on the Shield and are you using the same cable as you use for the iPad?

I'm running out of ideas.......
2020-3-1
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
United States

I'm not using same cable as ipad
I'm using same cable that works with mavic pro and the nvidea, USB to micro usb.
just tried a different cable, no luck
connects right away with ipad and both go apps are installed. it just asks me which one I want to connect to
2020-3-1
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
United States

I ended up getting the GL300C remote with hdmi module
Didn't want to end up that way but it was a good deal
See what happens when it gets here
Thanks for the help
2020-3-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha 185EZ,

What Android Version is your nVidia Shield K1 using.  When Version 7 was introduced we had some problems similar to what you are noting.  Then Android 7.1 came out and solved the issue for some of us, but when 8 came out, the problem was history.  If others have a different version of the problem and the story, please post.  Right now I am unable to remember the names given to Android 7 and 8.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-5
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
United States

Android 7.0
Kernel version 3.1096+
Software version 5.3
2020-3-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

185EZ Posted at 3-5 05:00
Android 7.0
Kernel version 3.1096+
Software version 5.3

Aloha 185EZ,

That is your problem.  You have to upgrade from Android 7 to a higher Android Version.  Even 7.1 had some problems.  The current Android Version is an Android 10.  Check on it and upgrade your Operating System (Android Version) to at least Android 8 and your problem will be solved.

Look in the System Settings of your nVidia Shield K1.  Be sure to have a rock solid Internet connection when you upgrade.  Your tablet will let you know how high a version it can use, but it will take at least an 8 like mine did.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-6
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the help
Getting a bit out of my pay grade now lol
I went into settings and it says my system is up to date and nothing about upgrading the firmware
I found this upgrade, https://www.getdroidtips.com/omnirom-on-nvidia-shield-tablet/
2020-3-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

185EZ Posted at 3-6 04:27
Thanks for the help
I went into settings and it says my system is up to date and nothing about upgrading the firmware

Aloha 185EZ,

Well, that was a bit of a surprise!  I looked in my settings and found out that after all that upgrading, etc., my Android version went back to Nougat - Android 7!  My nVidia Shield K1 is stable and has none of the problems I mentioned anymore.  This can only mean that DJI solved the compatibility problems and put them in an app and a firmware update.

What version of the P3A firmware are you using?  What version of the DJI GO app are you using.  This is the link to the latest version (February 16, 2020).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot&hl=en

Be sure to update the firmware to the latest or there may be compatibility issues.  Let me know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

185EZ Posted at 3-6 04:27
Thanks for the help

Aloha 185EZ,

Also, here is a web site that is very helpful, Phantom Help.  This is the link.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Advanced/

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-10
Use props
185EZ
lvl.2
United States

aircraft, 1.2.8
remote, 1.2.6

I received the GL300C remote with hdmi output.
I can't get it to link with the aircraft
I removed the hdmi module and put it on my GL300A remote
It works and I can use my goggles
2020-3-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

185EZ Posted at 3-10 04:19
aircraft, 1.2.8
remote, 1.2.6

Aloha 185EZ,

That works!  Fun flying with those goggles.  If you ever get that nVidia Shield K1 working right, you can fly with goggles using that tablet to.  If your goggles can handle 1080p, the nVidia Shield K1 puts out 1080p in HDMI.  (The DJI HDMI module only puts out 720p.)

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules