Battery firmware question
646 3 2020-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

Is it possible to update  the battery FW without updating the drone/controller FW?
If so, how is this done?
2020-2-28
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No, all firmware components are downloaded as a single file and unpacked during the update process. But why would you want to?
2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day nywrecker. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Mavic Air's intelligent flight battery is updated along with the said drone's firmware. If there is a need to update the other intelligent flight batteries. Please try to refresh the latest firmware with the drone via DJI Assistant 2. For reference I will post an ofiicial DJI tutorial video on How to Update DJI Mavic Air Firmware with DJI Assistant 2. Thank you.

2020-2-28
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2-28 14:12
No, all firmware components are downloaded as a single file and unpacked during the update process. But why would you want to?

Many times when I update the FW of the drone or controller new bugs start showing up and got tired of dealing with them or waiting until the new FW is out to fix what the previous one broke.
I learned to live with what I have and dont want to tinker with mostly useless “new features”.
2020-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules