o(^-^)o
Tervos.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19108 ft
United Kingdom

I upgraded from using my andorid phone.
To something a little bigger.

I went with the iPad mini 2 because it was cheap
Didnt want to spend a fourtune on a tablet.

I pack my android cable just in case I want a smaller setup.
But dont imagine I will use my phone again.

Who else made the switch to a iPad or Android tablet?

2020-2-28
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Neat - thanks for sharing
2020-2-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tervos.com. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this informative video you have created for the DJI Mavic Mini. Nice rig and thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice setup
2020-2-28
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks. You may want to get a longer cable and snake it through the left clamp, up the vertical support (or wrap it around it) and behind the tab to the socket. That way it isn't in the way of your left hand. I had the same issue.
2020-2-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I subbed your channel, here's mine
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCafytSDKNZGQkr4ZvE7MMWQ
2020-2-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 2-28 19:28
Thanks. You may want to get a longer cable and snake it through the left clamp, up the vertical support (or wrap it around it) and behind the tab to the socket. That way it isn't in the way of your left hand. I had the same issue.

Great tip and definitely keeps the cable out of your way.  
2020-2-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice setup.  
2020-2-29
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923406 ft
United States

Wow I could use one of those, where do you get the holder for the tablet,it's hard to see on my phone' Thank's for posting this! That's a beautiful set up.
2020-2-29
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice set-up!
2020-2-29
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

I have my iPad Mini directly held by the transmitter. I just opened the arms wider, slide in the iPad Mini and it holds it tight.
2020-2-29
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why aren't you just putting the Ipad Mini into the jaws of the remote controller, it will be a smaller form factor ?

Mavic Mini DJI Fly screen - Copy.jpg
2020-2-29
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

All iPad mini perfectly fit into the remote and without adapters
2020-2-29
Use props
Tervos.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19108 ft
United Kingdom

Richard Hopkins Posted at 2-29 14:28
Wow I could use one of those, where do you get the holder for the tablet,it's hard to see on my phone' Thank's for posting this! That's a beautiful set up.

I bought this one:
Mavic Bracket Holder
2020-3-1
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a great iPad holder!!   I have the same brand for the M2Pro RC.....works great!

Randy
2020-3-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Like the OP, I prefer the mounted position above the controller. For me it is easier to see (note the eyeglasses in my photo ;-) I tried the regular position in the clamps and did not like it. The adapter is inexpensive and also makes it easier to use a sun shield in my opinion.
2020-3-1
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2-29 16:23
Why aren't you just putting the Ipad Mini into the jaws of the remote controller, it will be a smaller form factor ?

With the clamps spread so wide, aren't those in the way of your hands? And don't your hands cover parts of the screen?
2020-3-1
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-1 20:49
With the clamps spread so wide, aren't those in the way of your hands? And don't your hands cover parts of the screen?

No, the clamps don't get in the way, they actually rest very comfortably in the palm of your hands, your index fingers rest on the clamps and touch the buttons on the top of the RC, the third and little fingers grip the RC clamps from behind and the thumbs are on the control sticks.
This doesn't work as well for the pinch method of holding the sticks

Held this way the hands are no where near the screen.

I used to use adaptors like the mav mount etc, but they are so bulky it kinda of defeats the purpose of having a small drone if you have carry a lot of extra accessories around with you. You end up buying all these gadgets and mounts for your drone but end up most times leaving them at home, because they are heavy, bulky, take time to set up, adjust and then pack up again.

It's just like the DSLR lens conudrum, you have 10 prime lenses at home but can only bear to carry 2 zooms around with you.

I believe in just unfolding the drone and flying, so for me less is better

This is my preferred flying set up, as minimalist as possible

183203lzhmfg9b8hlwyll6 - Copy.jpg
2020-3-2
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Big Like !!
2020-3-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the reminder.
I have to try my iPad the next time I fly
2020-3-2
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 3-2 00:10
No, the clamps don't get in the way, they actually rest very comfortably in the palm of your hands, your index fingers rest on the clamps and touch the buttons on the top of the RC, the third and little fingers grip the RC clamps from behind and the thumbs are on the control sticks.
This doesn't work as well for the pinch method of holding the sticks

Can you clarify that? You posted a photo showing a tablet held by the corners in the clamps and now you posted a photo totally different. Which is the one you use? I was referring to the first one.

One of my jobs was designing manufacturing equipment that was ergonomically efficient. We had to try to minimize the carpal tunnel syndrome in the operators and knew that to avoid that, you need to keep the wrists unbent. The adapter I uses helps me do that while keeping the display higher so I am not looking down at it so much..

2020-3-2
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-2 19:53
Can you clarify that? You posted a photo showing a tablet held by the corners in the clamps and now you posted a photo totally different. Which is the one you use? I was referring to the first one.

One of my jobs was designing manufacturing equipment that was ergonomically efficient. We had to try to minimize the carpal tunnel syndrome in the operators and knew that to avoid that, you need to keep the wrists unbent. The adapter I uses helps me do that while keeping the display higher so I am not looking down at it so much..

The hand position I was describing was holding the MM controller with an Ipad Mini 4 in it's jaws (first photo), holding it this way your wrists are not bent as your elbows rest on the side of your body.

The second photo (MA controller and CrystalSky) was an example the minimalist set up I prefer, without ball mounts and extra brackets to hold the viewing device, thereby creating a smaller more compact form factor.
2020-3-2
Use props
Mortensldk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Very nice setup. I using a IPad mini 4 works great
2020-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules