Dear experts, how do you pan-up shots?
697 4 2020-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devabega
New

Singapore

Can I ask any professionals here, how do you do low pan-up shots?
This is when you are standing, and then bend down to hold the gimbal near the floor, but you want the phone to be looking upwards. Due to the special hinge the phone cannot "look upwards" at all from a low height. I can't accomplish this unless I twist my forearm near to the floor, and then twist my wrist so that the phone looks up slightly.

I've tried combinations of the trigger plus lock settings but to no avail. Please look at the photos for reference. This is a pan-up shot from a low height.

This is a pan-up shot from a low height

This is a pan-up shot from a low height

With the Osmo 3 mobile

With the Osmo 3 mobile

Now when you try to do this with the Osmo 3 Mobile it's impossible.

My previous other gimbals (I've had various brands) have no issue because the hinge at the side is a normal one (not the special angled arm like the Osmo 3 Mobile)

Thanks in advance.

2020-2-29
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Hold the gimbal pointing across your body horizontal.
2020-2-29
Use props
devabega
New

Singapore

Thanks for reply. Your technique works but only for that shot. But then how do you transition smoothly from a low angle pointed up, to a high angle pointed down? Because I do a lot of fashion and event shoots with these sort of angles. Is it even possible? Because holding the gimbal horizontal, and then trying to do a movement to a high angle pointed down will make the phone flip crazy again.
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-29
Use props
inosen
lvl.1
Spain

You can push the option in the app
2020-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules