Mavic pro 5d button replacement
3393 5 2020-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_FgyGvshX64jO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34846 ft
Belarus

Short story: need a replacement for mavic pro joystick (so called 5d button) Note: not the "mushroom" tip, but the button itself.
Long story: so the button on my mavic pro remote started to fall off recently like it sometimes happens. I tried to glue it back but added a bit to much glue so now the button is ruined. I can open the remote and re-solder the button on PCB but I don't know where to buy it or even how to search for it. If anyone has a link or a partnumber that I can order please share it with me
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to read that you are having issue with the 5d button of your DJI Mavic Pro remote controller. Since we are facing this issue. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further. We have the team who would do their best to fix the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. In addition, DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2020-2-29
Use props
djiuser_FgyGvshX64jO
lvl.1
Belarus

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-29 12:51
Hello and good day. I am sorry to read that you are having issue with the 5d button of your DJI Mavic Pro remote controller. Since we are facing this issue. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further. We have the team who would do their best to fix the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. In addition, DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI remote controller to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.

Thank you for reply, Stephen, but I really don't think authorized repair is an option for me, my drone is purchased in US but I live in europe + my country (Belarus) doesn't even have a DJI service center. Also I already opened my controller before so I'm pretty much sure I've already voided my warranty. It's ok for me though, I just want to order the replacement button and replace it myself, it's going to take 2-3hrs of work compared to months of shipping/customs if I send it to US
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_FgyGvshX64jO Posted at 2-29 22:16
Thank you for reply, Stephen, but I really don't think authorized repair is an option for me, my drone is purchased in US but I live in europe + my country (Belarus) doesn't even have a DJI service center. Also I already opened my controller before so I'm pretty much sure I've already voided my warranty. It's ok for me though, I just want to order the replacement button and replace it myself, it's going to take 2-3hrs of work compared to months of shipping/customs if I send it to US

Thank you for the given information. I have sent you a PM with regards to this issue. Kindly please check your PM if you have time. Thank you.
2020-3-1
Use props
Fishy Guy
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-3-1 15:07
Thank you for the given information. I have sent you a PM with regards to this issue. Kindly please check your PM if you have time. Thank you.

HI,

My first post, landed here by searching for this issue that I also have. Could you please mail me the part needed here as well. Already torn down the controller.
Thanks!
2021-1-19
Use props
romanp
lvl.1
Belarus

For anyone searching this from google, I ended up ordering a generic (doesn't have any partnumber in the description) 5D microswitch from aliexpress and it worked. The fit was not perfect but I was able to solder it in place.
Here's the link https://a.aliexpress.com/_A4lqD4
And here's the picture in case the link goes invalid:
2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules