Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Home Lock
2975 8 2020-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Delta Mike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27188 ft
United Kingdom

Having just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and a smart controller I am disappointed that DJI have not included Home Lock.

It could be argued that home lock is an important safety feature more reliable than RTH in certain circumstances.

In my opinion, DJI DO listen to the needs of their customers, so if you agree, please leave a comment.

Thank you

2020-2-29
Use props
Delta Mike
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This question concerning home lock on Mavic Pilots forum:-  
I would love to Home Lock added to DJI Go for the M2P. However, could you give us a scenario where it would be "be more reliable than RTH"? I'm having a hard time thinking of one.  
Answer :-  

Home Lock is very useful if you get yourself mixed up with what way your Drone is pointed when it's at the limit of your VLOS. With 'Home Lock' engaged (on my Mavic Pro Platinum), it means that no matter what way the drone is pointing, when I pull back on the controller's right-stick, it will fly straight back to me (in whatever yaw direction its currently pointed) and end up directly overhead. I believe some other drone manufacturers call this feature - 'headless mode'.  This could be more reliable than RTH in some circumstances, because it allows you to alter the height of the drone and get it down lower in those cases where you end up down-wind, and the winds are fast up high!

2020-3-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mike. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter ( DJI Mavic 2 Pro Home Lock ). This has been forwarded to the designated DJI department for evaluation. For the latest updates for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4 application. Kindly please visit our official website at ( www.dji.com ) for details. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-3-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I was amazed it was not, since the MP has it....
2020-3-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maybe they track the usage of all the modes and found out nobody is using it?
2020-3-2
Use props
Delta Mike
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had a couple of flights yesterday, and have come to the conclusion that maybe Home Lock is not needed so desperately.

On the smart controller I aligned the TAIL of the a/c arrow to point directly to the home point and just pulled the right hand stick (Mode 2) backwards and the a/c came back which is as good as home lock in my opinion. I am happy with that.

However, I would like to see that technique published by DJI  for beginners if it is not already. Perhaps a small separate booklet to the manual with flying techniques for beginners maybe.
2020-3-17
Use props
Delta Mike
lvl.1
United Kingdom

As an adage, on my Mavic 2 pro I cannot access a dedicated Course Lock which was disappointing, but thinking about it I now use waypoints which really does roughly the same thing and I think, more efficiently and more controllable giving some fantastic video shots. Another suggestion for the booklet perhaps.

I just want DJI to know that I think that they have excelled themselves in making an excellent drone. Well done to everyone and thank you.
2020-3-17
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Having just got a Mavic 2 Pro I too am disappointed by its abscence, I find it useful on the Phantom 3 adv
2020-5-24
Use props
NIKOS5113
lvl.1

Greece

Having got a Mavic 2 Pro after Phantom 2 and Phantom 3, I  am disappointed by its absence. It was a very useful feature that saved my drones. When you fly near buildings and lose your orientation, just enable the switch, pull back the stick and the drone comes above you. What a disappointment. It is a must and has to be on the controller.
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules