DJI FPV Goggles AV-in issue
5872 11 2020-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Formosa2011
lvl.1
Macao

Hi,
I am one of the recent proud FPV Goggle user. I bought the FPV goggles and two air units last week.

Last saturday, when testing 5" quad prepare for the digital air unit, it was still installed with analog 5.8GHz equipment.

I was attaching the goggles with an external 5" monitor with receiver to the AV input of the goggles.

When the quad was flying, all of sudden, the video feed from the quad suddenly gone, and the dji splash screen appeared on the screen of the goggles.

As my buddys were sit next to me, they saw the video feed on the screen of the 5" monitor gone for a split second, then it resumed, but the sad point was the video feed on the goggles never reappear. Therefore by new quad flew away.

Is there anybody experienced the same?

Can DJI bring an improvement to the goggles that when the user is using AV-in function of the google, it will not log out the AV-in source until the user switch the input manually? or it will not log out, or say 1 minutes or extended peroid og time, if there is not av signal detected.

I hope this issue will not happen to other users. please paid attention to this.

Regards

2020-3-1
Use props
SpaceCow
lvl.1
United States

I'm not sure if this is something that can be improved or not by DJI however it is a known thing. It's similar to how your tv will go to the blue screen when it looses signal. Then when you plug the cord back in it takes a second for it to resume. The difference being that the signal on the wire is perfect while the quad signal is full of garbage so it might have a hard time locking back on. The only real solution for now is to not fly analog far away where you might get breakup.

I have a theory but it's not confirmed. That it has to do with the analog sync pluses.

One other ting you can try is a more expensive analog receiver like a rapid fire. These units do special stuff to reconstruct the signal. Most of the reviews I've seen flying analog without issue on the goggles were doing so with rapid fire or at short range with whoops. but even rapid fire will fail eventually at long range.
2020-3-2
Use props
Formosa2011
lvl.1
Macao

SpaceCow Posted at 3-2 04:39
I'm not sure if this is something that can be improved or not by DJI however it is a known thing. It's similar to how your tv will go to the blue screen when it looses signal. Then when you plug the cord back in it takes a second for it to resume. The difference being that the signal on the wire is perfect while the quad signal is full of garbage so it might have a hard time locking back on. The only real solution for now is to not fly analog far away where you might get breakup.

I have a theory but it's not confirmed. That it has to do with the analog sync pluses.

Hi

I am not sure also whether DJI is able to improve it, but I hope that they can and they will improve it.

You are right that most modern TV have such blue screen function when the signal is low and to avoid nuescace to customers, they show a blue or black screen when the sigbal is weak or lost.

However, this feature is not desirable for FPV user, early FPV monitors and goggle may have this function built -in because most of the FPV product then were not meant for FPV use. But in cent years Manufacturers for goggles and monitors dedecated for FPV use hve to discable or remove such feature.

I hope DJI is listening.
2020-3-2
Use props
SpaceCow
lvl.1
United States

Formosa2011 Posted at 3-2 20:30
Hi

I am not sure also whether DJI is able to improve it, but I hope that they can and they will improve it.

I also hope DJI is listening and able to fix it. The reason I bring up the tv is this. It’s a digital display so when it looses signal it goes to a blue screen. On old analog CRTV we would get static. So I’m unsure if it’s a limitation because it’s a digital DVR or not :/ anyways happy flying and know you are not alone in hoping this will be fixed with a update.
2020-3-4
Use props
fansb2701338
lvl.1

Germany

I have the same problem. Goggles randomly reset when analog video feed is running. This behavior is catastrophic in my opinion since it always ends in an uncontrolled decent and possible crash of the aircraft. A loss of control of an UAV must be avoided in order to prevent harm. Some negligence like this will cause huge damage at some point. I call for an immediate bug fix or at least for DJI to remove the av function until the issue is solved.
2020-3-5
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

fansb2701338 Posted at 3-5 13:40
I have the same problem. Goggles randomly reset when analog video feed is running. This behavior is catastrophic in my opinion since it always ends in an uncontrolled decent and possible crash of the aircraft. A loss of control of an UAV must be avoided in order to prevent harm. Some negligence like this will cause huge damage at some point. I call for an immediate bug fix or at least for DJI to remove the av function until the issue is solved.

" at least for DJI to remove the av function until the issue is solved. "

Oh ,Hail Naww.
2020-3-8
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

fansb2701338 Posted at 3-5 13:40

Uh, removing feature just because you have the issue? With my receiver I don't have such issues - when I lose signal, it goes static. Why should I lose AV-in just because you have such issue. Don't be selfish please.
2020-3-17
Use props
SAM41
New

Turkey

Hi Fellas ,
I just want to know can i transfer my hd googles video using av in to any type of  regular analog google ? My will is to transfer googles video any screen ?
Thank you
2020-3-23
Use props
Hacky4
lvl.2

Czechia

SAM41 Posted at 3-23 02:17
Hi Fellas ,
I just want to know can i transfer my hd googles video using av in to any type of  regular analog google ? My will is to transfer googles video any screen ?
Thank you

Nope. AV IN stands for INPUT, so no OUTPUT there. And besides it's for analog input, so definitely not suitable for digital HD.
2020-3-23
Use props
fansb2701338
lvl.1

Germany

Hacky4 Posted at 3-17 02:38
Uh, removing feature just because you have the issue? With my receiver I don't have such issues - when I lose signal, it goes static. Why should I lose AV-in just because you have such issue. Don't be selfish please.

You’re operating UAVs with a potentially unreliable video connection (hence this whole discussion). The blackouts happen randomly, btw. I hope nobody will get hurt.
2020-6-18
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't mean to be a nag, but doesn't your controller have a failsafe set up in case a situation like this comes up and you do not loose your quad?
2020-6-20
Use props
Alkobua
lvl.1
Flight distance : 714049 ft
Italy

I have iunstalled the Digidapter with RapidFire module. I have the same issue when i switch channel the OSD from Rapidfire appears shortly and then the DJI splashscreen appears =(
2020-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules