Feature request for software update
1020 8 2020-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpaceCow
lvl.1
United States

A flat color profile recorded to the air unit for later video editing while having the color in the dji goggles would be amazing.
Also being able to adjust things like contrast separately for the goggles from the recording.
2020-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SpaceCow. Thank you for sharing these information and your insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-2
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would like to see stabilization using gyro data for video recorded on the air unit, but not holding my breath. It would be a huge improvement, even if the video was processed afterwards. I’m using a GoPro now most of the time to get better video.
2020-3-3
Use props
SpaceCow
lvl.1
United States

Tom_A Posted at 3-3 18:31
I would like to see stabilization using gyro data for video recorded on the air unit, but not holding my breath. It would be a huge improvement, even if the video was processed afterwards. I’m using a GoPro now most of the time to get better video.

I personally would put stabilization of video in the nice to have category but not high on the list of software updates I hope DJI is working on. No offense intended.

Why do I say that you might wonder? Because there are many post processing software that can do stabilization already. Unlike fixing the AV In going to DJI logo problem at low signal. Or Having more manual control of the camera at filming time. Slow SD card causing some quads to lock up. Ect, ect, ect. Things that there is no alternative and must be done on the air unit / goggles is what I mean.
2020-3-4
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SpaceCow Posted at 3-4 06:28
I personally would put stabilization of video in the nice to have category but not high on the list of software updates I hope DJI is working on. No offense intended.

Why do I say that you might wonder? Because there are many post processing software that can do stabilization already. Unlike fixing the AV In going to DJI logo problem at low signal. Or Having more manual control of the camera at filming time. Slow SD card causing some quads to lock up. Ect, ect, ect. Things that there is no alternative and must be done on the air unit / goggles is what I mean.

I would consider the stabilization a nice to have as well and don’t think it would have to occur on the air unit. I think a companion program that used gyro data could do a better job than programs that do not have access to that information. I believe this is being done with the Osmos action, although it is done on the camera.
I think the SD card issue might be something else. Some people do their own builds and leave off the capacitor connected to the power leads. This is known to cause issues during hard throttle punches. I have had slowSD card errors a few time although I am using a one of the recommended Sandisk cards. I have never had a failsafe like issue though. I think that a bad SD card might be causing the air unit to draw more power and that this might not cause an issue if a capacitor is used.
2020-3-4
Use props
SpaceCow
lvl.1
United States

Tom_A Posted at 3-4 07:09
I would consider the stabilization a nice to have as well and don’t think it would have to occur on the air unit. I think a companion program that used gyro data could do a better job than programs that do not have access to that information. I believe this is being done with the Osmos action, although it is done on the camera.
I think the SD card issue might be something else. Some people do their own builds and leave off the capacitor connected to the power leads. This is known to cause issues during hard throttle punches. I have had slowSD card errors a few time although I am using a one of the recommended Sandisk cards. I have never had a failsafe like issue though. I think that a bad SD card might be causing the air unit to draw more power and that this might not cause an issue if a capacitor is used.

I just thought of something interesting. The air unit probably doesn’t have an accelerometer as that’s the job of the flight controller. Does beta flight have an option to  export the accelerometer data To the FPV system? If not that would probably be the first step before DJI could even start work on the video stabilization like GoPro uses.
2020-3-5
Use props
SpaceCow
lvl.1
United States

Thinking more down those lines this could potentially become a open source software that could stabile any camera if beta flight could record the accelerometer data. Maybe it’s worth talking to the beta flight guys about this.
2020-3-5
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SpaceCow Posted at 3-5 06:09
I just thought of something interesting. The air unit probably doesn’t have an accelerometer as that’s the job of the flight controller. Does beta flight have an option to  export the accelerometer data To the FPV system? If not that would probably be the first step before DJI could even start work on the video stabilization like GoPro uses.

The accelerometer data could be sent the same way the OSD data is sent. If there were speed issues with this, the data could be retrieved from the black box recording afterwards.
2020-3-6
Use props
SpaceCow
lvl.1
United States

Tom_A Posted at 3-6 07:33
The accelerometer data could be sent the same way the OSD data is sent. If there were speed issues with this, the data could be retrieved from the black box recording afterwards.

I think it might be more productive then to try and get black box recording to export to real steady. Then the data could be used with literally any camera
2020-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules