India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2020-3-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

the antennae of the drone are in its front legs and are vertical to the ground so straight-down (or straight-up) the signal will be very weak. You can manually orient the antennae on the RC but you can't orient the ones on the drone
2020-3-2
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Antenna position

2020-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

UweE Posted at 3-2 05:05
Antenna position
https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/201707/03/195044as233xt8tppux2uc.jpg[/img]

The optimal antenna arrangement is with the controller antennas facing and parallel to the drone's antennas.

There is no optimal antenna orientation when the drone is directly above the operator.
It is the worst antenna geometry for good signal propogation and the higher you fly, the worse it gets..

2020-3-2
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Try to put the antennae straight in line with the remote, then fly with the phone screen facing up. That way the flat faces can point at the drone. But do try to avoid flying directly above yourself. Bad polarization of signal still.
2020-3-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Nigan. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Mini to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? In addition, I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you and fly safe always.

2020-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules