My setup is as follows:

* DJI N3 (with v1.7.7.0 firmware)
* ESC and motors: M600 Pro 6010 Power Combo
* 12s battery (using 2 6s batteries)
* Radio: T12 with sbus output

My main issues are:

* IMU displays a data error on ACC1* Compass never finishes calibrating
* Motor do not move during the motor test

I previously flew this setup using a pixhawk 4, but I want to switch the flight controller to a DJI N3.

After installing the new N3 on the drone, I started doing the usual setup for the drone, then the problems started.

I did the ESC calibration connecting a separated 3s battery to the N3 and the 12s battery to the ESCs, I follow the instructions of unplugging, hitting the next button, then pluging again, wait for the ESCs to beep, then hitting the next button again and then wait for the confirmation beeps... Everything seems normal and the calibration is performed.

Then the ESC initialize properly upon power connect (doing the correct beepings) but when doing the motor test using the DJI Assistant 2 neither of the motors move, I tried increasing the motor speed test to 15%, but there is no movement from any motor.

The motors do move if I hit the calibration button but I do not disconnect the power before hitting the next button...

I tried downgrading the firmware to v1.7.6.0 but everything is the same. I also tried using the DJI intelligent port, but no response using it... so I'm using the standard M1-M4 ports.

As I mention before my radio has sbus output, I have it configure it internally to output values from 1000 to 2000 exactly, when I plug it in to the N3 all channels work and I'm able to switch between flight modes, the only strange issue is that the ranges are -10000 to 10000... instead of 1000 to 2000 as configured in my radio.

The other issue is the IMU, calibration succeed but I always have issues in the Topology:

The IMU displays:

And the last issue is that the compass calibration never finishes... regarding any movement that I do to the drone:

What can I do?

any ideas?

thanks!

2020-3-3
Use props
djiuser_hozpuYMZKitG
lvl.1

Ukraine

hello. i have the same problems as you. how did you solve it?
2021-6-26
Use props
fansdb68f33a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1001352 ft
Canada

H, yes, I solve it, it took me several firmware downgrade/upgrade and several compass calibration but at the it did worked! are you stuck? whats your setup? if you explain more I might be able to help out!
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_hozpuYMZKitG
lvl.1

Ukraine

I have no n3 but n3ag. But problem is looks like in your n3.
So i connect gps to pmu as manual said. Power on, pmu blinks blue, led solid red non stop, autopilit blinks red, gps blinks red.
I tryed to connect gps to CAN2 to autopilot. There is something differences.
Led blinks different colour non stop,autopilot blinks green, gps solid red. It seems imu is initializing and cant finish it. I choose tools, topology,imu calibration, led becomes yellow, imu calibration successful, but led becomes red and autopilot become blinks red.
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_hozpuYMZKitG
lvl.1

Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GmAQJOMqws
2021-6-29
Use props
fansdb68f33a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1001352 ft
Canada

ok! I recommend the next:

* mount everything in your vehicle, just like its going to fly
* calibrate the magnetometer using the remote signal, just like you see in page 19 of this manual: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/N3/N3+User+manual.pdf

Do not attempt to calibrate with everything not assembled and in your table, it will not be able to complete.

That should do it!
2021-6-30
Use props
djiuser_hozpuYMZKitG
lvl.1

Ukraine

fansdb68f33a Posted at 6-30 04:23
ok! I recommend the next:

* mount everything in your vehicle, just like its going to fly
Thank you for answer. I did as you said. Fast triggered mod switch, led became yellow, rotate horizontal till  led green, then nose down and rotate, led became red solid.  It is problem in autopilot. There is not connection between autopilot and gps. Also imu cant initializing.
2021-6-30
Use props
raisee.ali.ggmail.com
lvl.1

United States

Hi my friend
This frimware that you used it before is wrong and you should set the true one.
You can not see the true frimware with your account
So you need the dji account to do it.
2021-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules