DJI Tello battery issue
16203 13 2020-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iliasg48
New

Greece

Hello everyone! I have problem with the batteries of my tello. Basically i have problem with the batteries in all my DJI products. Even with Osmo mobile. All batteries where good. Haven't used the device for two months. batteries where fully charged and stored. After that i faced problems charging them and using them; they lasted half of the normal time. Now after another 4 months of not to much use they are dead. I charge them, they charge normal and when i turn on the device it says that battery is empty (red light)

2020-3-3
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

China

Dear, Could you please check the indicator  status? If appears the following status,please do as follows.
1. If the red indicator breathes slowly, please power the tello off and press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds and release it when the green indicator turns off. Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and go to Setting - more - firmware version to upgrade the firmware again.
2. If the yellow indicator blinks quickly, please press and hold the power button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered on and after the Wi-Fi’s SSID and password are reset, the aircraft will automatically restart. Besides, it's better to set the mobile device as flight mode to avoid interference.

It is recommended to charge and discharge the battery once every three months to keep the battery healthy. Click the following link for more details. https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello/downloads

2020-3-4
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any lipo batteries will go into "hibernation" mode if not used within a few months.  Not just your DJI batteries, but all lipo batts would do that.  Stop blaming DJI for anything and read about lipo batteries.
2020-3-7
Use props
djiuser_sNBxO3on8qYo
New

United States

RYZE Posted at 3-4 01:52
Dear, Could you please check the indicator  status? If appears the following status,please do as follows.
1. If the red indicator breathes slowly, please power the tello off and press and hold the Power Button for 5 seconds and release it when the green indicator turns off. Then the indicator will pulse red. Connect to the Tello's Wi-Fi and go to Setting - more - firmware version to upgrade the firmware again.
2. If the yellow indicator blinks quickly, please press and hold the power button for 5 seconds when the Tello is powered on and after the Wi-Fi’s SSID and password are reset, the aircraft will automatically restart. Besides, it's better to set the mobile device as flight mode to avoid interference.

Although all my batteries show as fully charged in the dock, 1 of 3 shows low charge cannot take off when I put it in. Is this fault and if so should I return it and exchange it? Only bought 2 weeks ago
2020-4-4
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_sNBxO3on8qYo Posted at 4-4 00:19
Although all my batteries show as fully charged in the dock, 1 of 3 shows low charge cannot take off when I put it in. Is this fault and if so should I return it and exchange it? Only bought 2 weeks ago

Dear customer,  3 batteries are charged one by one on battery charging hub,  yellow indicator indicates that the battery is waiting for charging, green indicator blinks periodically during charging and it turns into solid green when fully charged. If the indicator is solid red, please take the battery out and insert it to drone for charging, meanwhile, please observe the status of the indicator, if it is blue and blinks periodically, about 2 times per second, the abnormal charging is caused by low voltage of battery, just charge it by drone until the voltage returns to a normal value.
Could you please tell me what status of indicator is for the abnormal battery?  If it was not the status aforementioned, you could also contact us via support@ryzerobotics.com.
Hope the info above would assist and look forward to your reply.
2020-4-4
Use props
D-Jon-I
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45974 ft
United Kingdom

Hi - does anyone know if there are fake tello batteries out there? Looking to buy from AliExpress but how would I know they are genuine?
Thanks!
2020-11-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

D-Jon-I Posted at 11-28 01:30
Hi - does anyone know if there are fake tello batteries out there? Looking to buy from AliExpress but how would I know they are genuine?
Thanks!

Dear, please send the SN of your battery to support@ryzerobotics.com, our service staff will help you to check.
2020-11-28
Use props
D-Jon-I
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45974 ft
United Kingdom

RYZE Posted at 11-28 17:58
Dear, please send the SN of your battery to , our service staff will help you to check.

Thank you - I have asked.
2020-12-9
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

D-Jon-I Posted at 12-9 11:48
Thank you - I have asked.

You're welcome. It's our pleasure to help you!
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_63ML9KyZc9G5
New

United States

Ok. This is what worked for me. Plug each individual battery into the Tellos. Then connect the usb to the tellos itself. Should blink blue then green. Give it an hour then connect the battery back to the multi charger if you have it. I have the triple charger. After it gets a current the charger will take over from there and you will see it flash green and eventually go full green. Hadn’t used mine in months and nothing online explained hibernation. Now I have three functional batteries but unfortunately purchased extras before discovering this work around.
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_63ML9KyZc9G5
New

United States

djiuser_63ML9KyZc9G5 Posted at 7-17 13:33
Ok. This is what worked for me. Plug each individual battery into the Tellos. Then connect the usb to the tellos itself. Should blink blue then green. Give it an hour then connect the battery back to the multi charger if you have it. I have the triple charger. After it gets a current the charger will take over from there and you will see it flash green and eventually go full green. Hadn’t used mine in months and nothing online explained hibernation. Now I have three functional batteries but unfortunately purchased extras before discovering this work around.

Dogs freaked after I got it running again. Lol
2022-7-17
Use props
elalik
New

Israel

hi there, i had the same problem and i found the solution on the internet from a gut from Argentina: The real problem is the app, to update the firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 on android only (you can find it online) and a charge battery. Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app. this work for me and i hope works for you.
2022-7-24
Use props
jinijini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51030 ft
  • >>>
South Korea

I also left all 30 batteries that I used to use Telo Edu for several months and after charging them, an error message appears saying that it is an unofficial battery and it is not taking off. Strangely enough, however, all of the faulty batteries do not appear in the Robomaster TT and all work well. Does anyone know why? For your information, the aircraft reset and firmware cannot be resolved by updating them all. Please help me.
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jinijini Posted at 10-1 08:14
I also left all 30 batteries that I used to use Telo Edu for several months and after charging them, an error message appears saying that it is an unofficial battery and it is not taking off. Strangely enough, however, all of the faulty batteries do not appear in the Robomaster TT and all work well. Does anyone know why? For your information, the aircraft reset and firmware cannot be resolved by updating them all. Please help me.

Hi there. Sorry to know that you are having issues with your Tello drone. Please contact the dedicated support team on this unit at https://www.ryzerobotics.com/support for further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!
2023-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules