Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ScarecrowMatter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273150 ft
  • >>>
Australia

#MyFirstFlight

Well. My first flight was nearly my last flight.

Back in 2007 I decided that arial photography was going to be a really cool thing to get into. Along with photography and videography, I am very interested in motorcycles so to be able to shoot bikes from the sky seemed like an amazing idea!

After much deliberation, I decided to fork out $700 for a brand new DJI Phantom 1. Now those who are relatively new to drones should know that the first phantom did not have a gimbal camera. It had the mounting points for you to attach your own action camera. There was no start record/stop record so you just had to hit go on the camera and then takeoff. Needless to say the footage was terrible but it was really exciting to see where the technology was going. Since 2007 I have owned multiple DJI drones including the Phantom, Mavic Air and Inspire 2.

Anyway, I was really excited to fly this drone. So excited that I decided I didn't have time to read the manual and getting this thing in the air was the most urgent matter.

So behold the first flight of many and amaze at my terrible lack of flight knowledge as I manage to not crash my drone on the first flight. At 1:36 after I have panicked and sent the drone out of control I was unbelievably lucky in not hitting the antenae of the neighbours house!

2020-3-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-3-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is a nice insight in the real first flights experiences.
I guess I was lucky to start with the MP
Nice entry!
2020-3-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, I subscribed to your channel.
Mine is http://www.youtube.com/c/tricksandtipsnl
2020-3-9