damaged baldes
2829 23 2020-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

YES, I have read the manual! no lecture posts required ;)
but would you fly with this kind of damage?
IMG_4658.JPG

2020-3-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I see your chest hair in focus, you can safely fly with it. Wait ... are you talking about this crack (?) on propeller's outer edge? No, I wouldn't fly with this kind of damage. You know it very well, because you've read the manual, right ?
2020-3-4
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Can't get myself back , YMMD !!
2020-3-4
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 3-4 00:49
I see your chest hair in focus, you can safely fly with it. Wait ... are you talking about this crack (?) on propeller's outer edge? No, I wouldn't fly with this kind of damage. You know it very well, because you've read the manual, right ?

haha the cat always leaves some traces behind, looks like my iPhone prefers the cat picture over drone stuff
well yeah thats my last set of Standard ones, so i guess i have to replace them all .. such a waste

thanks anyway
2020-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. I will highly recommend you to not use this damaged propellers for the safety of the drone to avoid any issues. We also recommend users to change the propellers immediately once the propellers are broken/scratched/out of shape. And according to the test, we advise users to replace propellers at least every three months. It's for your safety in the future. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2020-3-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Now that was funny.  Yes, when posting a picture like that, you need to take the time to make sure the right part of it is in focus and lit.  I skimmed right over the trailing edge "chip" without noticing it because it was out of focus.  I was trying to figure out if that was a crack or scratch, or what right at the end of your thumbnail.    Toss the blade(s).  If the set is really new and flawless, you could replace just the one.  Otherwise, I make it a practice to replace all four at the same time.  I just recently had occasion to replace mine for the first time in over two years.  It was a little more often on my Phantom though.
2020-3-4
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

I thought it had had a mid-air cat-strike!

2020-3-4
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

Dorset_Horn Posted at 3-4 11:42
I thought it had had a mid-air cat-strike!

just my cat sleeping on everything haha
2020-3-4
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

BTW. can i mix the new (yellow) blades with the older ones (white)
the one with the crack is a old one (my last set) .. maybe can use the old ones on the back and just put two yellow ones on the front ?
2020-3-4
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Change them all with matching parts.  Are these odd colored ones you mention, DJI props?  I wouldn't run anything other than DJI props made for the Mavic.  You don't get support  (warranty, etc.) with non-DJI parts.
2020-3-5
Use props
triumph_tech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273461 ft
United States

It's best to change them as a set. I would stay away from the cheap aftermarket colored props like the ones sold on eBay, I have seen some quality control issues with fit and finish with these, also vibration. If you like the look of the high visibility colored props (like I do) I would suggest that you look into the Master Airscrew drone props. I've been using them for a while now and had no issues, plus they are quieter than even the Mavic Pro Platinum props and seem to increase the battery flight time. If your drone is out of warranty I wouldn't worry since what ever the cause you will have to pay the cost of repair in the event of a crash.
IMG_20200307_0940500~2.jpg
2020-3-7
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

triumph_tech Posted at 3-7 07:48
It's best to change them as a set. I would stay away from the cheap aftermarket colored props like the ones sold on eBay, I have seen some quality control issues with fit and finish with these, also vibration. If you like the look of the high visibility colored props (like I do) I would suggest that you look into the Master Airscrew drone props. I've been using them for a while now and had no issues, plus they are quieter than even the Mavic Pro Platinum props and seem to increase the battery flight time. If you drone is out of warranty I wouldn't worry since what ever the cause you will have to pay the cost of repair in the event of a crash.

Thanks for posting that! You've answered questions I haven't yet asked.

2020-3-7
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

AG0N-Gary Posted at 3-5 10:09
Change them all with matching parts.  Are these odd colored ones you mention, DJI props?  I wouldn't run anything other than DJI props made for the Mavic.  You don't get support  (warranty, etc.) with non-DJI parts.

yes .. original props are white/gray ish on the tips

where the platinum ones have a gold/yellow tip

both original.
2020-3-8
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

triumph_tech Posted at 3-7 07:48
It's best to change them as a set. I would stay away from the cheap aftermarket colored props like the ones sold on eBay, I have seen some quality control issues with fit and finish with these, also vibration. If you like the look of the high visibility colored props (like I do) I would suggest that you look into the Master Airscrew drone props. I've been using them for a while now and had no issues, plus they are quieter than even the Mavic Pro Platinum props and seem to increase the battery flight time. If you drone is out of warranty I wouldn't worry since what ever the cause you will have to pay the cost of repair in the event of a crash.

damm they look nice, i do stay away from aftermarket props .. for the same reason you mentioned, if they are crap, the way you find it out is a crash... not gonna risk a 1600$ aircraft to test 10$ props

besides the original one's platinum blades going for like 12$ anyway
i found the ones you posted in a local store .. they called "MAS" .. is that the right one ?
2020-3-8
Use props
triumph_tech
lvl.4
United States

https://www.masterairscrew.com/collections/dji-mavic

Here is the website for the prop I am running on my Mavic Pro.  They are available in black, orange and white. Ordered from Master Airscrew they come in a set of 4 , 2 cw and 2 ccw. The genuine Master Airscrew props are with a tiny logo like the attached photo.
checkout_logo_15_800x.png
2020-3-8
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft
United States

No I would not!
2020-3-8
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

triumph_tech Posted at 3-8 07:28
https://www.masterairscrew.com/collections/dji-mavic

Here is the website for the prop I am running on my Mavic Pro.  They are available in black, orange and white. Ordered from Master Airscrew they come in a set of 4 , 2 cw and 2 ccw. The genuine Master Airscrew props are with a tiny logo like the attached photo.

thanks, i actually googled/youtubed a bit after seeing this "MAS" ones .. it turns out this is a acronym, and i haven't seen any bad reviews really.

but yeah .. platinum props cost like 15$ .. so its not that much of a challenge anyway
2020-3-9
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

nullx8 Posted at 3-9 06:35
thanks, i actually googled/youtubed a bit after seeing this "MAS" ones .. it turns out this is a acronym, and i haven't seen any bad reviews really.

but yeah .. platinum props cost like 15$ .. so its not that much of a challenge anyway

durability is actually more a factor, like if they can manage a new crash .. eg. hitting leaves or somethings.

i flew with the mini once over some leaves, and the airflow pushed the leaves right in the props (never happend with the Mavic pro, but you never know) and for better durability .. i'm more than happy to pay more.
2020-3-9
Use props
triumph_tech
lvl.4
United States

The only negative reviews I have seen on the Master Airscrew props were on the Mavic Air props that were creating a motor error code when using sport mode and required a gain change on the controller.  I flew the Mavic Pro yesterday (using the default gain settings) in a 15 mph wind while in sport mode, no problem. As far as durability , I haven't crashed into anything with these props. So far I have been nothing but pleased with the performance.
2020-3-10
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

triumph_tech Posted at 3-10 07:08
The only negative reviews I have seen on the Master Airscrew props were on the Mavic Air props that were creating a motor error code when using sport mode and required a gain change on the controller.  I flew the Mavic Pro yesterday (using the default gain settings) in a 15 mph wind while in sport mode, no problem. As far as durability , I haven't crashed into anything with these props. So far I have been nothing but pleased with the performance.

yes they have ton's of good reviews .. you lose some on the speed (1-2mph) but gain more stable flight in general especially if it's windy since they seem to be a lot stronger than the original ones .. so if the Mavic does rev up to counteract the winds, they seem to have a better countereffect.

well I try to order them ... guess what, 39$ shipment .. LoL
downside of living in Asia. was thinking I may ask someone to bring them over for me .. but passenger traffic is basically zero now .. so that's gonna be a challenge ..
2020-3-24
Use props
Dr. Alex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156916 ft
Bulgaria

Hello, I am newbie and during my first flight I crashed the MM into a wardrobe. The front two pairs of propellers scratched a little like this:

Can I continue use them, or replace them?
2020-3-26
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

Dr. Alex Posted at 3-26 10:00
Hello, I am newbie and during my first flight I crashed the MM into a wardrobe. The front two pairs of propellers scratched a little like this:

[view_image]

isn't that a mini ?
better use the cage indoors,  i have a mini too ... with fly more so i can do stuff like this (you know the stuff i would never dare to do with the phantom or the Mavic Pro)

you can bump really hard into things with this protectors on, the mini would not care.

well okay once it got caught under the handrail in  my staircase and emergency shut down as it could not break free, but besides that its taking the hits like a champ ;)

about your question, i would still use them. but if you go out and plan to fly it furtor away, better change them. because that thing is tiny, you gonna have a hard time finding it ... trust me i try i crashed into a banana plantage .. i knew EXACTLY where it crashed (which tree) it took me 2 hours to find it.

2020-5-15
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

triumph_tech Posted at 2020-3-7 07:48
It's best to change them as a set. I would stay away from the cheap aftermarket colored props like the ones sold on eBay, I have seen some quality control issues with fit and finish with these, also vibration. If you like the look of the high visibility colored props (like I do) I would suggest that you look into the Master Airscrew drone props. I've been using them for a while now and had no issues, plus they are quieter than even the Mavic Pro Platinum props and seem to increase the battery flight time. If your drone is out of warranty I wouldn't worry since what ever the cause you will have to pay the cost of repair in the event of a crash.

I’ve got same props and like them very much
2021-2-21
Use props
RenegadeCowboyAZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3600774 ft
United States

I wouldn’t chance a expensive drone over a not super expensive set of props
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now