The ONE thing about the MM.....
2101 32 2020-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

...and really my ONLY gripe with my MM is that i can't bloody see the Dji fly app screen when the sun is out!!! Can't we have a black background strip on the top of the screen? And please Dji, don't tell me that you're cascading it to your relevant department !!
DJI, get a move on. Unable to see
Satellite count
Battery stats
Signal strength etc etc
Having a hard time reading the different screens as well and i have good eyesight for my age !!!
2020-3-4
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

2020-3-4
Use props
lifeisfun
lvl.4
Canada

You clearly didn't get it
2020-3-4
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

You can stand in a shady area and that will help. But, shade isn't always available. There are monitor hoods for sale in the DJI Store that will shield your phone from the sun so that you can see what's on the screen.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-remote-controller-monitor-hood

2020-3-4
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

lifeisfun Posted at 3-4 07:28
You clearly didn't get it

It was an example. However, icons, writings etc. must have a dark background or vice versa.
2020-3-4
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

Renato61 Posted at 3-4 07:32
It was an example. However, icons, writings etc. must have a dark background or vice versa.

what you posted is sun hood for the drone, what the OP has issue with is the text color in the app...hence probably sun hood for the phone would do him better work...though the best would be color of the text to be customizable in the app or anything but white.
2020-3-4
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

guys, is nobody reading the actual complete question before replying? He's having trouble reading WHITE text on WHITE background. No hood or tree will help with that.
2020-3-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. This requested feature for the application was already been cascaded to our DJI R&D Team and we are now looking into it. For now, you may want to check the available remote controller hood on our website using the link below since we don't have the exact date on when the said feature be implemented on the application. We really appreciate your understanding with regards to this matter. Thank you for your valued support!

https://store.dji.com/product/pgytech-smartphone-screen-hood
2020-3-4
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 08:23
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. This requested feature for the application was already been cascaded to our DJI R&D Team and we are now looking into it. For now, you may want to check the available remote controller hood on our website using the link below since we don't have the exact date on when the said feature be implemented on the application. We really appreciate your understanding with regards to this matter. Thank you for your valued support!

How is a hood going to help with reading the satellites count and the battery level in the app? Seems very wrong to ask people to buy more accessories from you just to overcome a fault in the DJI app.

2020-3-4
Use props
Moto_919
lvl.3
Flight distance : 219439 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 3-4 08:48
How is a hood going to help with reading the satellites count and the battery level in the app? Seems very wrong to ask people to buy more accessories from you just to overcome a fault in the DJI app.

An option to change the colors would be nice.
2020-3-4
Use props
Tervist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 3-4 08:18
guys, is nobody reading the actual complete question before replying? He's having trouble reading WHITE text on WHITE background. No hood or tree will help with that.

Ack! You're right. Guilty as charged.

The topic about the white print has been discussed here before and I remember someone having made the suggestion of inserting a dark colored strip at the top of the screen to contrast with the white print. It doesn't seem as if it would be a difficult change to make to the app.

2020-3-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tervist Posted at 3-4 10:50
Ack! You're right. Guilty as charged.  

The topic about the white print has been discussed here before and I remember someone having made the suggestion of inserting a dark colored strip at the top of the screen to contrast with the white print. It doesn't seem as if it would be a difficult change to make to the app.

Absolutely correct Tervist.  From an App Developer standpoint this is a very easy fix but I'm sure their developers are working on other things they deem more important at this time.  For example:  the uncommanded descent issue.  

We will see how responsive DJI is to requests when the next App update comes out.
2020-3-4
Use props
RCnerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18307 ft
United States

Totally agree, seems like a basic app development oversight.
2020-3-4
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

+1 It is important to improve visibility.
2020-3-4
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Spot on my friend
2020-3-4
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... finally someone has raised this topic! Thank you!
2020-3-4
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It's a commonly requested feature here on the forum, few other topics about it. People want them to make it like the Go4 app where there is a coloured bar along the top. I'm guessing they will add it next update if enough people have asked for it.
2020-3-4
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would for sure like to see this corrected.
2020-3-4
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

Topic already discussed, nothing new under the sun.
2020-3-5
Use props
Berhatz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 667575 ft
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-4 08:23
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. This requested feature for the application was already been cascaded to our DJI R&D Team and we are now looking into it. For now, you may want to check the available remote controller hood on our website using the link below since we don't have the exact date on when the said feature be implemented on the application. We really appreciate your understanding with regards to this matter. Thank you for your valued support!

It would be great to communicate with a member of your DJI R&D Team.. Because there is no sence to communicate with you..
2020-3-5
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Berhatz Posted at 3-5 03:39
It would be great to communicate with a member of your DJI R&D Team.. Because there is no sence to communicate with you..
The day a DJI I+D member appears for this forum ... WE EAT IT!
There are so many pending things that begin to play surrealism.
2020-3-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JM.REYES Posted at 3-5 07:05
The day a DJI I+D member appears for this forum ... WE EAT IT!
There are so many pending things that begin to play surrealism.

Hear, hear
2020-3-5
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 3-5 07:43
Hear, hear

HAHAHAHAHAHA....
Ñam, ñam
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

We totally understand your request. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-3-5
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-5 14:05
We totally understand your request. We will continue to optimize this product according to customer feedback. If you have relevant compatibility requirements, please feel free to tell us. Your suggestions are very important to us. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Does this, for a change, actually mean someone is listening??? Wow!!!
2020-3-5
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You make an excellent point......however the OP said this: "i can't bloody see the Dji fly app screen when the sun is out!!! " Note the word "sun" in his line. So apparently that is a factor for him.
2020-3-5
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Romania

GaryDoug Posted at 3-5 19:52
You make an excellent point......however the OP said this: "i can't bloody see the Dji fly app screen when the sun is out!!! " Note the word "sun" in his line. So apparently that is a factor for him.

yes, of course, you obviously need less contrast to see things when it's dark or at least cloudy than when the sun is out. But a hood will help very marginally with that. Try shadowing your phone screen while in bright sunlight. You still can't see anywhere near as good as you can while indoors, because of the ambient light and your contracted pupils.

Also, Ingo's reply to what I said was "spot on my friend" so I'm assuming I understood the problem correctly
2020-3-6
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just opened the screen shot you attached, i can actually just makeit out BUT with sunshine on a bright day I (and many others) havent got a chance!!!
2020-3-7
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
United Kingdom

And a screen shade for £25 is just another bloody dji rip off. Make one of cardboard for nothing. Get on with a real solution dji
2020-3-7
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 3-7 17:24
And a screen shade for £25 is just another bloody dji rip off. Make one of cardboard for nothing. Get on with a real solution dji

I bought one for $6. Not DJI obviously and it did help a lot. I forgot it one day when I took the Mini out on the boat; and when I got to the place to fly, I couldn't see anything on the screen. Bought a tablet the very next day ;-)

And it seems to be a lucky thing, because when using the tablet, there is a narrow black bar at the top and bottom that makes reading the numbers easy. A slight difference in the aspect ratios usually isn't helpful ;-)

2020-3-7
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Even DJI didn't get it.
FML haha
2020-3-7
Use props
Drone Diver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11982 ft
Japan

Totally agree. But I also know I need a new phone/tablet as that will also make a difference. But white on white aint ever gonna be too visible.
2020-3-12
Use props
Hawkeye Photography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

I wish we could be able to change the settings on the colors, not just have a strip. Like maybe dropping a shadow behind them etc. I honestly just want the GO 4 app back for the mini.
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules