1234Next >
4626 126 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luca6686
lvl.4
Flight distance : 531841 ft
Italy

Hello everyone, because of Covid-19 and for the fact that I live in the Italian Red Zone, I've more time to fly my Mini. Yesterday was a little bit windy but very clear so I've decided to fly, but as you can see from these flight log I've almost lost my drone:Flight Log

I really don't know what's append, usually I take off with at least 10 Satellites and in this case the dji fly app show me 14 (but log report only 10...) so I take off, but after few second of upward moving, made by me, mini start to go left very rapidly and then I've lost signal, then the drone start the Go Home procedure and come back straight forward, than I've got signal back and I've rapidly landend.

Any one could please help me ?
I've problably done something wrong but I don't know what.

Thanks in advance
Bye
2020-3-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi luca,

Can you upload your log using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Than post that link on here, log needed to try to give you answers.

And a question, do you know wich heading your MM was pointing on the ground?  approx withing 10 degrees ?

cheers
JJB
2020-3-5
Use props
luca6686
lvl.4
Italy

Hi, these are the logs uploaded on Phantom Help: Phantom Help Log

I really don't kown how much degrees the mini was pointing, I was in P mode for sure.

Thanks
2020-3-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

luca6686 Posted at 3-5 03:15

I really don't kown how much degrees the mini was pointing, I was in P mode for sure.

thanks, but do you know when you put your MM on the ground at wich heading?  was it facing North or South or 40 degrees in the 360 compass range? or?
My guess, seeing where you takeoff place, you had your drone facing away from your house, so drone cam facing South ??

cheers
JJB
2020-3-5
Use props
luca6686
lvl.4
Italy

I'm sorry, I've misunderstanded your question, yes the drone was pointing south maybe south\west.

cheers
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

luca6686 Posted at 3-5 03:35
I'm sorry, I've misunderstanded your question, yes the drone was pointing south maybe south\west.

cheers

Looking at your flight and from what you say, it seems you may have picked up interference on the ground, this showed up in the when you drone went into that yaw circle movement this was not commanded by you as you can clearly see you with left stick straight down craft is responding to this but continued to yaw in what can only be described as the TBE toilet bowl effect, eventually your craft came out of this and corrected itself and your stick movements were good.

A lucky escape.
Most often this is caused by craft on the ground picking up interference, I will explain below what happens and reason can be a small piece of metal concrete path with rebar, so if you took off from or around similar this can cause your problem.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cheers

Looking at your flight and from what you say, it seems you may have picked up interference on the ground, this showed up in the when you drone went into that yaw circle movement this was not commanded by you as you can clearly see you with left stick straight down craft is responding to this but continued to yaw in what can only be described as the TBE toilet bowl effect, eventually your craft came out of this and corrected itself and your stick movements were good.

A lucky escape.
Most often this is caused by craft on the ground picking up interference, I will explain below what happens and reason can be a small piece of metal concrete path with rebar, so if you took off from or around similar this can cause your problem.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cheers

The best way I can explain this is. If you put your Aircraft on the ground in normal circumstances, start it up, then lift it up and turn it 90 degrees to the right both your compass heading and IMU will both move together 90 degrees and no problems.
If you put your Aircraft on the ground and there is magnetic interference only the heading of your compass will change, your aircraft will still take off. But when it clears magnetic interference compass will then move to correct heading which you would think was great. But No, what happens is IMU is then conflicted and confused because of this sudden movement by compass, so you receive IMU exceptional heading warning, your aircraft cannot deal with data conflict so decides to switch to Atti mode dropping gps in favour of compass simply because aircraft can fly without gps but not compass.

We all should check our compass when we start our aircraft and maybe more of this could be avoided, you can do this by checking the compass values in your app also check small red triangle in the lower left corner of your telemetry, it should be on the same heading as your aircraft.

One last thing I will say is we must always try to land aircraft immediately when this occurs.
2020-3-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

luca6686 Posted at 3-5 03:15

Hi Luca,

I think your log is a typical fly away due to wrong compass data.

After takeoff your MM climb to 31.5 meter, at that point you started a left slow yaw turn.
Between 25.9 secs and 28.4 secs your MM moved away from its hover position, from 2.5 meter to 3.6 meter (distances to HomePoint).
This happend only with 100% UP stick and some yaw, so drone should stay at its position.
Software will try to correct the position, using GPS data and Compass data for this.
When compass data is not the actual heading of the drone, SW will make the wrong corrections to the 4 motors and MM starts to fly away. This oftren in a kind of a circle move, the well known Toilet Bowl movement. (this is seen in the polar chart)See chart1 where you can see the craft start to move away (speed increases !) with only UP and YAW input.

Sometimes a RTH will kill this move and drone will fly home normally, as it happens to your MM.
Lucky person to see that your MM lost connection, and due to this an automatic RTH was started ; good done DJI!  ;-)

This type of fly away (where drone does not enter ATTI mode) can be prevented by checking the heading of the craft before take-off. This in the map view in the FlyApp. If the arrow in the app is not showing the actual heading of the craft : don`t start a flight.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
MMcompass check.png

MyMMCanIFlyCheckList.pdf

395.02 KB, Down times: 10

2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cheers

Compass distances.

Natural and Artificial Magnetic Anomalies Warning
Note
The following information has not been objectively tested to determine it’s impact on a Drones compass accuracy in flight.
        1        Many things can distort the earth’s magnetic field in the area you are flying:
        •        Steel framed or reinforced concrete buildings, bridges and roadways, iron pipes and culverts, high power electric lines, heavy equipment, trucks and automobiles, steel tanks, electric motors and even computers.
        •        Flying between steel framed or reinforced high rise buildings will distort the magnetic field in addition to causing GPS multi-pathing.
        2        Safe distances for compass calibration
        •        6” (15 cm) minimum: Metal rim glasses, pen/pencil, metal watch band, pocket knife, metal zipper/buttons, belt buckle, batteries, binoculars, cell phone, keys, camera, camcorder, survey nails, metal tape measure.
        •        18” (50 cm) minimum: Clipboard, data collector, computer, GPS antenna, 2-way radio, hand gun, hatchet, cell phone case with magnetic closure.
        •        6 ft (2 m) minimum: Bicycle, fire hydrant, road signs, sewer cap or drain, steel pole, ATV, guy wire, magnets, chain-link fence, bar-wire fence, data collectors
that use a magnet to hold the stylus.
        •        15 ft (5 m) minimum: Electrical box, small car/truck, powerline, building with concrete & steel.
        •        30 ft (10 m) minimum: Large truck, metal building, heavy machinery.
2020-3-5
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I'm very curious to know what will be the finding of the more knowledgeable people here* as I don't see any clear trace of wind drift or compass interference, although I steel reckon 143 feet is not a height for a Mini... perhaps just in the calmest days of wind.
* JJB's reply appeared after I started writing this message so I didn't see it.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I also think it might be fair to say that the way this drone reacted to this TBE that having a switch to atti would not have resulted in a better outcome for this drone.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi Luca this exercise has helped me over the last 5/6 years as well as many others.

Tip To Help Avoid compass interference and crash.

1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to.

2/ start AC leave until you receive enough gps lock ,

3/ if you get Compass interference turn off AC and move to another location,
without interference.

4/ In bottom left hand corner on your map you will see small red or Blue triangle, check to make sure that this triangle is pointing in the same direction (heading) as your AC, this will show good compass on the ground.

Raise AC to height of 8ft
Hover for 20 seconds
Fly forward 2ft
Backward 2ft
Left 2ft
Right 2ft
Up 2ft
Down 2ft
Yaw left
Yaw right
Each time returning to hover position
If you have a good horizontal each time, you will then know you have good GPS good IMU and good Compass, and your ready to fly.

This exercise takes less than 2 minutes and is worthwhile doing before every flight,
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

m80116 Posted at 3-5 03:59
I'm very curious to know what will be the finding of the more knowledgeable people here* as I don't see any clear trace of wind drift or compass interference, although I steel reckon 143 feet is not a height for a Mini... perhaps just in the calmest days of wind.

Well you can see a clear yaw in a circle with almost no input by the OP, so involuntary yaw is caused by interference and causes incorrect heading and although we don’t see compass error or interference, you can give an educated guess from the details you have, but I’m certain .dat file will show similar to what we have seen here, so I suppose you could put it down to experience, as you can see two different methods used but same outcome forecast .
2020-3-5
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

And to properly calibrate your device compass (and actually see the drone heading correctly in the Fly app)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D712%26typeid%3D712

Now... can someone please HELP ME understand how can I use FRAP to detect mismatching heading values between IMU and compass ? I've tried the polar view but my view unlike JJB's is empty, and in some cases I get floating point value error (which effectively precludes accessing the data). I think it should have been quite small heading difference in this case... not a 180° obvious one.
2020-3-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

m80116 Posted at 3-5 03:59

this is a so typical fly away due to a compass wich does not have the correct actual heading.
This is the only fly-away we can prevent to happen!  Just check compass before take-off.
And ofcourse start from a good place, not on top of a car, near steel bridge, on rebar concrete etc.

As the drone does not enter ATTI it will try to continue to correct its position using wrong compass data, so it will go on and on and on....

It is possible to steer against the SW input ofcourse, but as the drome move quickly away ; its hard to get control again for 'pilots', guess i am one of such pilots...  ;-)

In another thread i had a great discussion with Hallmark, would a manual switch for pilot to bring a craft quickly in a manual ATTI helpfull??  in theory yes ofcourse, by this stopping the SW TBE input makes it easier to get in control again.
But practical guess not. 1/ to recognize the problem takes time 2/ to switch off takes time /3 as drone is already moving away you still have to stop that move manually....
But mayby mayby mayby for experienced pilots on a non-windy day....  ;-))

cheers
JJB
2020-3-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

m80116 Posted at 3-5 04:15
And to properly calibrate your device compass (and actually see the drone heading correctly in the Fly app)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=210102&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D712%26typeid%3D712

Hi m80116,

Mismatch between IMU and compass is seen in DAT flies.
FRAP doesn`t detect this as it uses the txt file, well   it does just a little.....(as seen in the chart above...)

Are you using the latest version of FRAP?  do sent me (via PM or jjbsoftware@gmail.com) your logs which gives you FRAP errors. I will look into them.

cheers
JJB

2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=210102&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D712%26typeid%3D712

It’s very hard to calibrate your compass wrong , but easy to calibrate wrong in a bad area so compass may take on parameters for that area and as soon as you leave such an area you compass may have problems.

Also compass arrow or triangle both I and Jjb are referring is the small blue triangle on your map, “although I made mistake of calling it red” (I’ll edit) this is where you will get the correct heading of the craft not the triangle on the small half circle of your “radar” which requires both phone to be correctly calibrated.
2020-3-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think it should have been quite small heading difference in this case... not a 180° obvious one.
Good question, that`s why is asked Luca if he knows wich heading his drone was at the ground.
My guess is between 140 - 170 degrees, and not 28 as in the log...

cheers
JJB

2020-3-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

I have carried out some practical experiments regarding magnetism and its effect on the drone system.
Although the video is thrown together, the content clearly shows this preoccupation with the compass is misguided.

You are right, I wasn't flying, my drone is too valuable, but see vid below where the magnet is fixed to flying drone.

How about this drone, flying over a magnet?
There is at least one video where the drone has a powerful magnet attached in flight.
Look to a glitch in the smooth running of the software for fly aways , or more likely, operator error. Remember, it is operator error, even if you haven't flown and haven't understood the manual.

You probably just get annoyed and reboot if your computer hangs. Why does it hang? A software glitch or clash in the system. Glitches happen frequently with electronics. How many of you have phones that won't run the software that others have no trouble with? Look at the reviews for apps to see this is widespread.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-5 05:18
I have carried out some practical experiments regarding magnetism and its effect on the drone system.
Although the video is thrown together, the content clearly shows this preoccupation with the compass is misguided.

It’s difficult to know what it is your saying, I’ve talked to skunkworks many times about this but placing some metal across the drone really proves nothing.

You need to read post #9 which explains what happens with interference.
2020-3-5
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

Agree to that this most probably was a take off in an magnetic interfered area ... to establish that we need the DAT log from the mobile device you flew with.

These are retrieved by the same method as the TXT logs. Under both iOS and Android they are in a subfolder, MCDatFlightRecords, in the folder that contains the TXT logs. So for iOS they are in DJI Fly » FlightRecords » MCDatFlightRecords. And for Android they are in  DJI » dji.go.v5 » FlightRecord » MCDatFlightRecords

The DAT log for this flight ends with FLY070.DAT, try to retrieve it & post it up or provide us with a link to a dropbox account or similar.

Unfortunately the DAT log can be missing ... this is pretty common for the Mini, if so then this case will stay as a suspected compass error.
2020-3-5
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have carried out some practical experiments regarding magnetism and its effect on the drone system.

I share this opinion. I think these compass and interference stories are hocus pocus.
2020-3-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-5 05:29
It’s difficult to know what it is your saying, I’ve talked to skunkworks many times about this but placing some metal across the drone really proves nothing.

You need to read post #9 which explains what happens with interference.

In my test, it was a neo-magnet on the tip of the knife, plus the stray field of a mains transformer in the light. The fields were very strong, not like the weak flux from a machine or rail lines.
Then there was the magnetic field from the motors themselves. strong enough to attract the compass needle.
Then the vid with a magnet attached to the drone, not just a 'piece of metal' as you put it. However, even if it was just a piece of metal, close up it should have more influence than something far enough away from the drone not to be seen by the operator.
What about the flying drone over the magnet? which will have the strongest flux, a piece of distant ironwork, or a powerful magnet in close proximity?
I can only provide what you see. Although it does NOT excuse an operator from taking every precaution like you have wisely advocated on many occasions, it needs to be refuted scientifically, not dismissed in a cavalier manner.
From my own point of view, magnetic influences from the controller, phone, keys and obvious mass metal hazards will be avoided like the plague (or Covid 19).
As you know, I have been known to do some crazy things with my drones, but always within a closed environment. I try to fly safe, but probably over cautiously by most flyers standards.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DaMa Posted at 3-5 06:05
I share this opinion. I think these compass and interference stories are hocus pocus.

I suppose you will have based this on some fact and will be able to tell us what happened ?
2020-3-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

DaMa Posted at 3-5 06:05

None-the-less, it is always wiser to avoid the problem. I admit I am paranoid about minimising risk when flying.
1/ I avoid people and building, but not ruins.
2/ I avoid radio transmitters, coms dishes and navigation beacons. They will disrupt drone stability in a repeatable way. Nav beacons are plentiful on the small island I live on and flying through the beam, away from the source or receiver will cause a moment of unstable flight. Hovering is worse than ATTI mode, particularly on a P3P.
3/ I don't want to lose the drone.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-5 06:42
In my test, it was a neo-magnet on the tip of the knife, plus the stray field of a mains transformer in the light. The fields were very strong, not like the weak flux from a machine or rail lines.
Then there was the magnetic field from the motors themselves. strong enough to attract the compass needle.
Then the vid with a magnet attached to the drone, not just a 'piece of metal' as you put it. However, even if it was just a piece of metal, close up it should have more influence than something far enough away from the drone not to be seen by the operator.

I’m always impressed with those who tell us it can’t be that but hold off putting their expensive drones up in the air we have seen many cases also backed up by logs with compass interference picked up on the ground taking effect well into a flight , I suggest to back up your theory you carry out your test fully as you will have seen with this case 200 or so ft away.

You will also note that you are clearly warned about all of this in the manual and how to take correct and proper action to avoid.

I await the result of your complete test before I comment anymore on your half assed attempt at trying to prove both what some are agreeing on here and dji are advising on in the manual.

Regarding skunkworks whom I’ve had many discussions on magnetic interference, he crashed his drone going across a metal bridge as the drone veered into metal railing on one side, so as a direct result of interference.
2020-3-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-5 06:42
I suppose you will have based this on some fact and will be able to tell us what happened ?

No one has demonstrated scientifically that magnetic flux does cause a drone to 'fly away' or become uncontrollable, have they. The effect has not been shown to be repeatable. Operators have claimed (I remained unconvinced about anyone's claims)  that they have flown from the same spot before and had no problems. No one has attempted to try from that spot again to repeat the effect. (The people who didn't lose their drones, that is.) So that assumption it was magnetic interference is unproven.
Trying to correlate events in flight logs to support a theory, is quite impressive. However, the values read are generated by the drone itself, so a software glitch will provide values, but they are not proof of an external influence, like a compass error.
2020-3-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-5 06:54
I’m always impressed with those who tell us it can’t be that but hold off putting their expensive drones up in the air we have seen many cases also backed up by logs with compass interference picked up on the ground taking effect well into a flight , I suggest to back up your theory you carry out your test fully as you will have seen with this case 200 or so ft away.

You will also note that you are clearly warned about all of this in the manual and how to take correct and proper action to avoid.

Bad luck, skunkworks. I feel your drone loss. I won't adopt Hallmark's dismissive attitude to something he disagrees with, I will heed your experience and steer well clear of metal bridges.

Hallmark, If you can describe concisely a suitable experiment that will shed light on this magnetic interference issue, I will definitely consider it.
The island has no metal bridges, but it does have railway lines a large (rusted away) steam crane and massive WW2 bunkers.
Obviously, the disturbance or instability must be repeatable. The experiment must be meaningful, whatever side of the discussion (NOT argument) you come from.
What would you suggest?

Flight logs and video from ground and flight to be included.
2020-3-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I have carried out some practical experiments regarding magnetism and its effect on the drone system.

You went further than I dared with my own Mavic Pro P.   Never tried putting a magnet on drone and taking off.   Nor a magnet by drone and taking off.

But I did successfully take off and fly with very nearby sources of magnetic interference.
Post showing Mavic Pro P takeoff right next to large buried steel pipe.
Another post showing Mavic Pro P setup to takeoff next to sides of steel building.

Above two posts were in a thread about Testing of magnetic interference,
and went into distances from large metal vehicle (about 6.3 tons of steel, with some glass and rubber).

One heads up: Mavic Pro P has two built in compasses.  Which appear to be located near front and near rear.  I have found through other testing you can turn Mavic Pro P to different angles from source (in testing it was steel rebar and deeper buried electrical lines) and get Compass interference on one compass, and for most part little interference on other compass. Link to testing.

You might find the following testing of interest.  Testing did involve blind test to find source of magnetic interference.

2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-5 07:05
No one has demonstrated scientifically that magnetic flux does cause a drone to 'fly away' or become uncontrollable, have they. The effect has not been shown to be repeatable. Operators have claimed (I remained unconvinced about anyone's claims)  that they have flown from the same spot before and had no problems. No one has attempted to try from that spot again to repeat the effect. (The people who didn't lose their drones, that is.) So that assumption it was magnetic interference is unproven.
Trying to correlate events in flight logs to support a theory, is quite impressive. However, the values read are generated by the drone itself, so a software glitch will provide values, but they are not proof of an external influence, like a compass error.

It doesn’t matter where you pick up interference if it shows up in both the log and in the how the drone flys, it’s probably extremely difficult to pick up magnetic interference in the air, so there is only one other place drone was which is on the ground, so law of averages is one, because many if not most report taking off from concrete or close to or on metal is also a bit of a give away, as I said I will accept more of what you say after you take off and fly for some time with your own drone and report back.

Your full test was nothing else but waving a small magnet over your drone nothing more nothing less, and the simple fact you won’t risk it tells me you also think test is half assed .
2020-3-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-5 07:20
It doesn’t matter where you pick up interference if it shows up in both the log and in the how the drone flys, it’s probably extremely difficult to pick up magnetic interference in the air, so there is only one other place drone was which is on the ground, so law of averages is one, because many if not most report taking off from concrete or close to or on metal is also a bit of a give away, as I said I will accept more of what you say after you take off and fly for some time with your own drone and report back.

Your full test was nothing else but waving a small magnet over your drone nothing more nothing less, and the simple fact you won’t risk it tells me you also think test is half assed .

"Your full test was nothing else but waving a small magnet over your drone nothing more nothing less, and the simple fact you won’t risk it tells me you also think test is half assed ."

He taped a magnet to back of drone and took off.  Far more than what you make it out to be.

2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-5 07:05
No one has demonstrated scientifically that magnetic flux does cause a drone to 'fly away' or become uncontrollable, have they. The effect has not been shown to be repeatable. Operators have claimed (I remained unconvinced about anyone's claims)  that they have flown from the same spot before and had no problems. No one has attempted to try from that spot again to repeat the effect. (The people who didn't lose their drones, that is.) So that assumption it was magnetic interference is unproven.

I think magnetic interference on a compass is without any doubt going to cause a problem for compass and I’m certain they’re are many many tests to prove this. To say magnetic interference has no effect on a compass is completely ridiculous.
2020-3-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-5 07:19
You went further than I dared with my own Mavic Pro P.   Never tried putting a magnet on drone and taking off.   Nor a magnet by drone and taking off.

But I did successfully take off and fly with very nearby sources of magnetic interference.

I will watch the links you provide. Thank you.
No doubt you will notice I suggested to Hallmark that he came up with a real experiment to try and narrow the discussion. The suggestion is open to everyone to contribute to this, not just to burden Hallmark with it. So, please feel free to read the post and suggest a conclusive, repeatable experiment.
I did discover the dual compasses in the MP when I moved the magnet on my knife blade around.
I was curious if the flux had any effect on a drone. That is why I carried out the basic test. I personally don't care what the answer is, I won't chance it, except in the course of this experiment.
I am sure we would all like to know the truth, wouldn't we?
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-5 07:23
"Your full test was nothing else but waving a small magnet over your drone nothing more nothing less, and the simple fact you won’t risk it tells me you also think test is half assed ."

He taped a magnet to back of drone and took off.  Far more than what you make it out to be.

You again no very little so please refrain from commenting on my posts.He didn't tape any magnet to his drone, that was skunkworks a good friend of mine .
2020-3-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-5 07:20
It doesn’t matter where you pick up interference if it shows up in both the log and in the how the drone flys, it’s probably extremely difficult to pick up magnetic interference in the air, so there is only one other place drone was which is on the ground, so law of averages is one, because many if not most report taking off from concrete or close to or on metal is also a bit of a give away, as I said I will accept more of what you say after you take off and fly for some time with your own drone and report back.

No, Hallmark, that is not fair!
I won't take unnecessary risks when they could impact other people, here on the island.
Like the person in one of the videos I included, he wasn't prepared to hunt for his drone if the magnet caused the drone to crash. Even in sensor mode, his short flight shows clearly the drone wasn't affected.
I gave you free hand to come up with a sensible experiment, you failed to suggest anything worthwhile. I am disappointed.
What I am prepared to do, as soon as the weather here improves, is to take off and circle around and over the Odeon Bunker.

This is a massive reinforced concrete structure topped with a phone mast.
Will this be magnetic enough?
How many circuits will convince you?
How many takeoffs from the same or other spots will be acceptable to you?
Any other conditions you want to include?

2020-3-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-5 07:32
You again no very little so please refrain from commenting on my posts.He didn't tape any magnet to his drone, that was skunkworks a good friend of mine .

Leave it to you to find some way to dismiss point of his post.  Point is drones are not as sensitive to magnetic field as you keep hyping based on your Internet Lore.

As far as lecturing me on "no [sic] very little"; I was not one who claimed 25-degrees was 1/4 turn.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-5 07:46
I won't take unnecessary risks when they could impact other people, here on the island.
Like the person in one of the videos I included, he wasn't prepared to hunt for his drone if the magnet caused the drone to crash. Even in sensor mode, his short flight shows clearly the drone wasn't affected.

Go do what you please come back and be the hero, I think anyone who can’t even get his drone to connect then goes a smashes it into the ground through temper is not one I can hang faith in, we shall wait and see hopefully weather improves soon .
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-5 07:46
I won't take unnecessary risks when they could impact other people, here on the island.
Like the person in one of the videos I included, he wasn't prepared to hunt for his drone if the magnet caused the drone to crash. Even in sensor mode, his short flight shows clearly the drone wasn't affected.

Go do what you please come back and be the hero, I think anyone who can’t even get his drone to connect then goes a smashes it into the ground through temper is not one I can hang faith in, we shall wait and see hopefully weather improves soon .
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-5 07:52
Leave it to you to find some way to dismiss point of his post.  Point is drones are not as sensitive to magnetic field as you keep hyping based on your Internet Lore.

As far as lecturing me on "no [sic] very little"; I was not one who claimed 25-degrees was 1/4 turn.

Tell that to anyone who has crashed recently, and incidentally skunkworks who on another thread you ridiculed for his magnetic test of Remote Control crashed his drone while flying across a metal bridge because of magnetic interference.

It’s strange that you decided to answer my post while Jjb opinion was exactly the same as mine, I suppose he’s totally wrong in his summation of “a crash we normally see around here”

It great to see your now giving advice that totally disregards what others say now.

Maybe your the one who’s right .
2020-3-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules