12Next >
13598 40 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 923406 ft
United States

I have a Question will custom painting my Mini void the warranty I would like to customize my Mini or skin wrap if it does not void the warranty! I could make a custom skin wrap and paint the wrap Just want to know your thoughts on this Thank You!

2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Skin it’s reversible, take a look at what paint can do.

2020-3-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think skin is the way to go.  Easy to apply and adds no weight to the MM.  Also, you can change them out if you get tired of the current color.  Painting, definitely not easy as you have to take the MM apart and try not to break any of the snaps that hold the top on and would be a pain to change colors.  Just my 2 cents.  Your MM, your choice.  Here's an example of a racing stripe skin.

MM_RacingStripe.jpg
2020-3-5
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 06:55
I think skin is the way to go.  Easy to apply and adds no weight to the MM.  Also, you can change them out if you get tired of the current color.  Painting, definitely not easy as you have to take the MM apart and try not to break any of the snaps that hold the top on and would be a pain to change colors.  Just my 2 cents.  Your MM, your choice.  Here's an example of a racing stripe skin.

Where did you get the sticker? I am currently searching for sth like that. Just to see my drone better in the air.

So some stripes on top and some at bottom. Maybe reflective or sth?

Here are only full body skins: https://www.decalgirl.com/skins/dji-mavic-mini-skins?sortorder=3&startfrom=1
2020-3-5
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-5 05:07
Skin it’s reversible, take a look at what paint can do.

https://youtu.be/U5lHiBzHepU

Halmark007, that video is gross, I would never take it apart to paint it I’ve painted models and planes without taking them apart Its painstaking but could be done when you get tired of the color, Thanks’ for your reply!
2020-3-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

without getting into the details, i'm going to simply add this:  you live in america and we have rights here.  know your rights when it comes to consumer warranties.  this isn't the 1970s or 1980s.  i'll just leave it at that.
2020-3-5
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-5 06:55
I think skin is the way to go.  Easy to apply and adds no weight to the MM.  Also, you can change them out if you get tired of the current color.  Painting, definitely not easy as you have to take the MM apart and try not to break any of the snaps that hold the top on and would be a pain to change colors.  Just my 2 cents.  Your MM, your choice.  Here's an example of a racing stripe skin.

DowntownRDB, That’s ‘cool I like the stripes, I think skinning is the way to go Thank You!
2020-3-5
Use props
Luka_BiH_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 853110 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Am I the only one who does not see any point in painting or sticking skins on MM ???
The only one I liked is :

(it is not MM but its the same skin)
Don't get me wrong, I am not "hater" and I believe that everyone should do whatever makes them happy but I am surprised that there is such fuss about skins ...
(Only thing I wanna stick to my MM is those eyes and teeth but only to scare away birds
2020-3-5
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Germany

Luka_BiH_ Posted at 3-5 07:55
Am I the only one who does not see any point in painting or sticking skins on MM ???
The only one I liked is :
[view_image]

This strange grey and the small size, makes it pretty hard to see...
I dont want to fly "sneaky". I want to see that damn thing.

Last time I even mistook it for a bird and wondered where my MM is..
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Applying a skin or a paint on the DJI Mavic Mini doesn't void its warranty as long as you will not remove/replace or open any parts of the drone it will not void the warranty. Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. You may also want to check the DIY kit available on our store website. Thank you for your continued support!

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-mini-diy-creative-kit
2020-3-5
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-5 08:12
Hi, thank you for bringing this query to us. Applying a skin or a paint on the DJI Mavic Mini doesn't void its warranty as long as you will not remove/replace or open any parts of the drone it will not void the warranty. Also, hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. You may also want to check the DIY kit available on our store website. Thank you for your continued support!

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-mini-diy-creative-kit

DJI Gamora I would never take it apart and the skin DJI supply’s (Sorry) its’ boring. Thanks for the reply!  
2020-3-5
Use props
Richard Hopkins
lvl.4
United States

Luka_BiH_ Posted at 3-5 07:55
Am I the only one who does not see any point in painting or sticking skins on MM ???
The only one I liked is :
[view_image]

Luka_BiH_ , That looks like a construction vehicle, pretty nice! But the Mini, its’ hard to see with cloud cover the same color as the Mini.
2020-3-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

thE29 Posted at 3-5 07:25
Where did you get the sticker? I am currently searching for sth like that. Just to see my drone better in the air.

So some stripes on top and some at bottom. Maybe reflective or sth?

You can get them in many colors at www.aerial-pixel.com  

Edit:  Credit for finding them goes to Dirty Bird
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Richard Hopkins Posted at 3-5 09:48
DJI Gamora I would never take it apart and the skin DJI supply’s (Sorry) its’ boring. Thanks for the reply!

You're welcome, Richard! Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2020-3-5
Use props
Luka_BiH_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 853110 ft
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Richard Hopkins Posted at 3-5 09:51
Luka_BiH_ , That looks like a construction vehicle, pretty nice! But the Mini, its’ hard to see with cloud cover the same color as the Mini.

I totally agree, MM is really hard to see if it's not really close.
It would be nice if someone could make a visibility test with and without skin to see how much does it help (...and on what distance)
2020-3-6
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Well I have racing stripes and like them but they do not help with orientation in the air so I'm considering reflexive stickers on antena posts...
2020-3-6
Use props
Yggdrasil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48707 ft
Canada

Personally, I'd go the custom paint route.

Stickers will add the extra gram for sure. If you want to keep it under 250g and change the color, it's a tall order.
A thin layer of paint in strategic places might work.
(I'm considering a line on the bottom just be be able to see it better. Grey with clouds above... it's so hard to spot)

2020-8-6
Use props
Fidge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41512 ft
United Kingdom

I went for a wrap, I don't expect it to help me to see it when it's in the air and more than 100m away as it turns into a black dot, but I'm hoping the birds will leave it alone.
2020-8-8
Use props
PhasedSpaces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185463 ft
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 13:48
I would go the skin route.  So much simpler & they look great.  You can get a full skin, or just something that sets it off.  These come from www.aerial-pixel.com
They come in several colors & include matching battery 1-3 decals. Battery 4-7 is also available.  Takes 2 minutes to install & costs only $9 a set.

That looks FAB!
2020-8-8
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

thE29 Posted at 3-5 08:08
This strange grey and the small size, makes it pretty hard to see...
I dont want to fly "sneaky". I want to see that damn thing.
Last time I even mistook it for a bird and wondered where my MM is..

That's funny, I'm sorry it put a smile on my face and I'm glad you were wrong.
2020-8-8
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Got a little to close
2020-8-8
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

2020-9-17
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

here is my little MINI .
2020-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 13:48
I would go the skin route.  So much simpler & they look great.  You can get a full skin, or just something that sets it off.  These come from www.aerial-pixel.com
They come in several colors & include matching battery 1-3 decals. Battery 4-7 is also available.  Takes 2 minutes to install & costs only $9 a set.

Very cool mate
2020-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 15:35
Thanks!  I was trying to keep everything matching.  They make the same design for the Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, Mavic Air, & Mavic Air 2 as well.

[view_image]

Really like the M2P
2020-9-18
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-8 15:35
Thanks!  I was trying to keep everything matching.  They make the same design for the Spark, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2, Mavic Air, & Mavic Air 2 as well.

[view_image]

2020-9-18
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would skin it vs paint.

2020-9-18
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
United States

Nice!!!!!!
2020-9-18
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.
2020-9-18
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

I would like to add a skin ...   something to scare off the birds  lol
2020-9-18
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
United States

No problem!
2020-9-18
Use props
djiuser_iRX7S2XPsMgc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439810 ft
United States

so i decided to paint my mavic mini black. pls disreguard the spoiler . i just wanted to see what it would look like w/a spoiler
82A6DC64-FBBA-43F0-91D5-B8DBA8B66EC2.jpeg
2021-7-13
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

you spray painted the entire drone black?  that's absolutely hideous.  looks like one of those rogue drones from iran.  
2021-7-13
Use props
Andrews Imagery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 876591 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-13 06:19
you spray painted the entire drone black?  that's absolutely hideous.  looks like one of those rogue drones from iran.

Oh, I dunno, it kinda has a Batman vibe going on.
Let's not forget this is also a thing

That being said, I wouldn't paint mine black because it already gets hot enough in the sun.
2021-7-14
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Adding a skin wrap would be a third party accessory which (I think) would void your warranty
2021-7-14
Use props
Andrews Imagery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 876591 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used a wrap from decalgirl, its.. ok. The adhesive isn't nearly aggressive enough and I have to press the decal back on to the drone every time I fly. It doesn't really help to see the drone in the air, but does help if you have an..uh.. unexpected landing

2021-7-14
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_iRX7S2XPsMgc Posted at 7-13 00:27
so i decided to paint my mavic mini black. pls disreguard the spoiler . i just wanted to see what it would look like w/a spoiler

The props look nice
2021-7-14
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Andrews Imagery Posted at 7-14 02:27
Oh, I dunno, it kinda has a Batman vibe going on.
[view_image]

True, the batman vibe is good
2021-7-14
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Andrews Imagery Posted at 7-14 02:27
Oh, I dunno, it kinda has a Batman vibe going on.
[view_image]

yeah i've give you that.  looks pretty good.
2021-7-14
Use props
djiuser_iRX7S2XPsMgc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439810 ft
United States

Lost my black mavic mini just momments ago. Fell from the sky on a full battery . I was unable to locate the mini. Its gone
2021-8-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules