Remote Controller Bug, Feature. or Firmware issue?
890 10 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Hello everyone.

Does your Remote still function properly with 3 lights or less? I can take off with 4 lights and have full control but as my remote drops to 3 lights during flight I can't change flight modes or use any of the camera buttons.  If I take off with 3 lights I'm locked to P mode and have to use my phone to start/stop video.

I'm wondering if this is a bug I'm experiencing or a safety feature  of some kind or a firmware issue.
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of the remote controller and your aircraft to see if the problem persists? Also, you may try to relink the aircraft to your remote controller for us to check if the problem remains. I will be posting a tutorial video for your reference. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your support!

2020-3-5
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

could it be you're using a samsung phone? did you try restarting the app to see if it fixes it... to me happens every flight, only restart of the app has helped so far, i tried reinstalling it, still pending to test.
2020-3-5
Use props
Spark_Pilot_XxXx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67841 ft
Germany

I also have those Problems, but i dont Connect them to the lights on the rc. I have the Feeling its about the away you turn your stuff on. It worked for me like this:  drone on, rc on, mobile on.
Hope this helps
2020-3-5
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

This has begun to happen to me after I upgraded my S9+ to Android 10. Never seen before, besides I also have another problem where the video downstream  becomes corrupt and the only way to fix that is to reboot the mobile device.
2020-3-5
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

Yeah I'm on a S9 with the update to 10 pending.

I've tried restarting the app and phone and it acts the same, I'll try starting the drone then remote but I've always practiced Remote first.

If I charge the controller all is well no matter how many batteries but once the controller losses some juice it losses function.

I'll try firmware again as well, haven't touched the radio since 1.04.
2020-3-5
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

I haven't still found a link w/ remote battery level, in my case happened with all the LED lights still lit. Problem does not seem to originate from RC but Fly app for Android 10. A Fly app restart solves the flight mode indicator not showing up and not working from the RC as well.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I don’t have my mini with me but do you have to enable flight modes in the app as you do with all other dji drones, not sure could be wrong .
2020-3-5
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

Flight modes are fixed in the Mini: it's either P, S or C.
2020-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

m80116 Posted at 3-5 14:11
Flight modes are fixed in the Mini: it's either P, S or C.

I know flight modes are fixed, they are fixed in all dji craft, but withM2 for instance you mus allow multiple flight modes in app or you are confined to P OR BEGINNER MODE . That was the point I was making .
2020-3-5
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Italy

It happened to me once when I re-installed the Fly app for the RC problems I am having... I could not fly the drone normally until I completed the Tutorial which involves doing things for real, moving the drone thus wasting my precious battery times. At the moment I could not find a workaround and I deemed better to complete the tutorial before wasting any more time and effort and battery time...
2020-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules