Device not supported for DJI Assistant
27898 36 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RomanFly
lvl.1
United States

Downloaded the correct DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI Website multiple times. When I go to connect my mavic air, DJI Assistant 2 shows me the following error message: "Device Not Supported. Please download the correct DJI Assistant in the official website product page."I have a MacBook Pro

Please help

2020-3-5
Use props
RomanFly
lvl.1
United States

2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know did you download the DJI Assistant 2 from this link. Did your DJI Mavic Air experienced any failed update prior from this concern? Kindly please try a different computer to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-5
Use props
Stonelotus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111549 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-5 15:46
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know did you download the DJI Assistant 2 from this link. Did your DJI Mavic Air experienced any failed update prior from this concern? Kindly please try a different computer to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

You have some nerve referring to your reply as “assistance”
Telling people they need to “try a different computer” like we all just have them just laying around.
I’m starting to think that maybe we should all consider trying a different Drone Manufacturer. These drones are the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought and the fact that neither of them or the goggles function properly anymore after firmware updates(which were unnecessarily complicated since following the directions leads more often then not to hours of running around in circles only to have a less then satisfactory outcome. Your apology does not seem sincere to me when you try to place the blame on your customers computer when the problem is with your firmware. It  feels like we’ve all  been swindled out of our hard earned money. And I guess we’re all just SOL. Please help me understand .
2020-3-6
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you try and download the DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic to see if it works with your drone?
This one:
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic
2020-3-6
Use props
RomanFly
lvl.1
United States

yes this is the one I have. Downloaded it from that site
2020-3-6
Use props
RomanFly
lvl.1
United States

Yes I downloaded the Assistant from a official DJI website for my Mac. No failed updates, my Mavic Air is currently all up to date. But it is letting me know to calibrate the vision camera using  computer with DJI Assistant 2
2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RomanFly Posted at 3-6 19:27
Yes I downloaded the Assistant from a official DJI website for my Mac. No failed updates, my Mavic Air is currently all up to date. But it is letting me know to calibrate the vision camera using  computer with DJI Assistant 2

Thank you for the additional information. Since the issue is still happening, I would recommend using a different computer or use the recommended resolution. For recommended display resolution (usually 14 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 17 inches for 1366*768 or 1280*720; 19 inches for 1366*768 or 1440*900; 22 inches for 1680*1050 or 1920*1080; 24 inches for 1920*1080 or 1920*1200). I have posted an office DJI Video Tutorial for the Vision Sensor Calibration for the DJI Mavic Air. Please keep us posted or updated for us to be able to assists you further. Thank you.

2020-3-7
Use props
HurleyBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

RomanFly Posted at 3-6 19:25
yes this is the one I have. Downloaded it from that site

Did you try the other one?

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2
2020-3-8
Use props
Prosurfer
New

Mauritius

Were you able to have any solution for this? I cannot connect my drone to the latest dji assistant 2.. Saying device not supported!
Please help
2020-5-6
Use props
Yaw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20 ft
Australia

I am having the same problem here. It's unbelievable how at every turn, there is something wrong with the firmware or some trouble in updating it. DJI is the worst company I have ever bought from.

Please provide a solution that isn't changing my computer or resolution.
2020-5-8
Use props
RomanFly
lvl.1
United States

Prosurfer Posted at 5-6 03:41
Were you able to have any solution for this? I cannot connect my drone to the latest dji assistant 2.. Saying device not supported!
Please help

No I haven’t. Tried everything they recommended. My Mac book pro is up to date. So it’s something with their software. Haven’t flew the drone since.
2020-5-9
Use props
Cam123
lvl.1
United Kingdom

RomanFly Posted at 3-6 19:25
yes this is the one I have. Downloaded it from that site

Same issue for my new Air 2 on the Windows Assist version. Not recognising it. This is just one of my problems!
2020-5-17
Use props
jmar
lvl.1
United States

Cam123 Posted at 5-17 02:27
Same issue for my new Air 2 on the Windows Assist version. Not recognising it. This is just one of my problems!

Same problem here. New Mavic Air 2 not recognized by DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic which was downloaded from the DJI site. Same message as others got. Had to update firmware on wireless connection through the drone connection to the RC. That seemed to work OK.
2020-5-24
Use props
Brewski452001
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202028 ft
United States

did you ever have success with this issue. I haven't flown in about 9 months and my equipment is telling me there's an update, but, no can do. doesn't matter which version of DJI Assistant I download. Frustrated to say the least.
2020-6-24
Use props
Rayzaray
lvl.1

United States

DJI assistant doesn't recognise my mavic pro platinum...my pc recognizes it and I can download pics etc.

tried so many times, reloading software etc. I have windows 10.

2020-8-13
Use props
Rayzaray
lvl.1

United States

HurleyBird Posted at 3-8 11:07
Did you try the other one?

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2

this one works..thanks so much
2020-8-13
Use props
Rayzaray
lvl.1

United States

.sorry repost
2020-8-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Rayzaray Posted at 8-13 22:13
DJI assistant doesn't recognise my mavic pro platinum...my pc recognizes it and I can download pics etc.

tried so many times, reloading software etc. I have windows 10.

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. We are happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-8-14
Use props
Monk_56
New

United States

Are you sure it isnt an "unsigned driver issue"
2020-10-7
Use props
djiuser_cy7dofFXnnqy
New
Flight distance : 72 ft
France

download the correct assistant version

For any help to new DJI FPV system users : be sure to download the corret sji assistant app version corresponding to your product purchase (if it's just he fpv system, or related to on the the dji drones etc). my issue ws swiftly resolved after downloading the correct version for me (version 2.0.2)
Thank you for the dji customer onkline phoine support from Germany !
2020-10-13
Use props
kdamaz
New

United States

Downloaded the correct DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI Website multiple times. When I go to connect my mavic pro, DJI Assistant 2 shows me the following error message: "Device Not Supported. Please download the correct DJI Assistant in the official website product page."I have a MacBook Air... Please help I have read through this thread and have tried everything. Computer reads the drone and can download pics but assistant will not recognize it
2020-10-14
Use props
fans47fa8ef4
lvl.1

Australia

I’m having the same problem with my mavic pro, downloaded the assistant2for mavic , looks like our drones are finally becoming bricks, no surprise with all that is going on with China and the ccp, I was even skeptical about downloading anything from ccp controlled dji
2020-12-22
Use props
MavicPlatinum
New

United States

I am having the same issue with my Platinum. Have you found any solutions yet?
2021-1-3
Use props
Evo Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 217959 ft
United Kingdom

MavicPlatinum Posted at 1-3 12:03
I am having the same issue with my Platinum. Have you found any solutions yet?

Hi guys. I notice that with a couple of exceptions most of you are in the USA so this may not work for you, I am in the UK.

I was also having connection issues but found a different software for Mini 2. It claims to cover a host of other drones and remotes, see attached PDF DJI+Assistant+2+(Consumer+Drones+Series)+Release+Notes.pdf (321.75 KB, Down times: 37)
2021-3-18
Use props
Paul Hunter
New

Canada

Hi, I also can’t download DJI assistant 2 on OS Catalina on a Mac in order to activate the new DJI FPV.
I’ve changed the security preferences and allowed other developer apps to be downloaded but it still won’t allow me
2021-3-18
Use props
Syeman
New
United States

DJI Assistant 2, 2 different versions, neither work to solve my problem for Mavic Air. I can't believe this company can't find a solution to that we may enjoy our drones. I will tell everyone I know not to buy DJI.
2022-4-25
Use props
fansc63516e8
lvl.1

Canada

I am in Canada using a Mini2 and had this issue, but after installing the "Consumer Drone Series" version it connected ok
https://www.dji.com/ca/mini-2/downloads

hope that helps!
2022-5-1
Use props
Dallas Ivanko
lvl.1
United States

So, there are actually two versions of the same product and named the exact same way.

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic that supports: Mavic 2, Mavic 2 Enterprise Series, DJI Smart Controller, Mavic Mini, and Mavic Air 2
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

and then there is the legacy DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic that supports: Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, DJI Goggles and more.
https://www.dji.com/downloads/products/mavic

I can see why people are confused.  In my opinion DJI should have labeled these programs with despairing descriptions and names.

I hope that helps out someone.

2022-6-2
Use props
fans64083515
New

United States

I have installed all three of the packages referenced above.  I have followed the instructions to allow the certificates and the software appears to execute fine each time, but in every instance, I get the 'Device not supported . . . ' warning when I go to connect my Mavic Pro.  I am running Mac OS 11.7.  Anybody find any work arounds?  Thanks!
2022-9-26
Use props
djiuser_E4WRQCBmpfns
New

United States

I am using a Pixel 6a trying to fly a Mavic 2 Pro (which seems to have been wiped off the face of the earth)...
Feel like I've tried everything and still all I get is 'Device not supported'. Requesting help.
Tried a billion apps, tried the developer options methods, tried uninstalling everything and even resetting phone, plus more...
I was flying this drone with a Pixel 3 just fine last year so I don't understand what's going on....

Help
2022-11-5
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

I've had that error before.
2022-11-10
Use props
tenseman
New
Moldova

The same problem.

God, how much the DJI team doesn't care about its users!
Really, the worst company in relation to customers!

And people continue to buy their drones, which at one moment can turn into a piece of plastic. And nobody cares.
2023-7-16
Use props
tenseman
New
Moldova

The same problem.

God, how much the DJI team doesn't care about its users!
Really, the worst company in relation to customers!

And people continue to buy their drones, which at one moment can turn into a piece of plastic. And nobody cares.

upd: Ha-ha! They even have a forum that doesn't work fine

2023-7-16
Use props
G4MVL G8VSE
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi. This us a disgrace. No help from DJI regarding " not supported" I have the Mavic pro, in fact I have three and they are "not recognised" I only want to calibrate the darn sensors. No help at all. Totally fed up with the zero interest in helping ne sort it out.
Steve Ward near Coventry England.
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

G4MVL G8VSE Posted at 8-27 03:43
Hi. This us a disgrace. No help from DJI regarding " not supported" I have the Mavic pro, in fact I have three and they are "not recognised" I only want to calibrate the darn sensors. No help at all. Totally fed up with the zero interest in helping ne sort it out.
Steve Ward near Coventry England.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is not the experience we want you to have. May we confirm if you are using a Windows or Mac computer? Could you please download and install DJI Assistant 2 directly from our official website through this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2 ? Please be advised that you can calibrate the vision of the Mavic Pro drone when using the DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists, please let us know. For your feedback on our service, may we know through which method you contacted our support? Could you please tell us some reference numbers? Like an email address or phone number? Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
2023-8-27
Use props
Alejandro Bravo0
New

Mexico

kdamaz Posted at 2020-10-14 09:54
Downloaded the correct DJI Assistant 2 from the DJI Website multiple times. When I go to connect my mavic pro, DJI Assistant 2 shows me the following error message: "Device Not Supported. Please download the correct DJI Assistant in the official website product page."I have a MacBook Air... Please help I have read through this thread and have tried everything. Computer reads the drone and can download pics but assistant will not recognize it

Hi!!!, same issue here,, I need the assistant 2 for calibrating vision sensors and the device is not recognized... I've read all the comments and makes me feel upset to read things like: change computer and try again... something is wrong with the software, please help us.  The surprise... not compatible with MacOS 11 or later... guys, we're now in 14.4!! what's going on?Compatible con Mavic. Actualmente, DJI Assistant 2 no es compatible con macOS versión 11 o posterior. Esta cuestión se solucionará en una futura actualización
3-19 16:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules