Constantly getting Calibrate Compass warning? Mavic Mini
6174 10 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrewAdkins18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

I calibrate it before every flight, I'm getting it mid-way through every flight now. Nothing happens really but It just worries me.
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm if this happens in multiple locations? Also, please make sure to calibrate your compass in an open space aware of any metal objects and possible interference. You may also provide us a screenshot showing the error message for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2020-3-5
Use props
HawkeyePhotography
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 3-5 14:36
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please confirm if this happens in multiple locations? Also, please make sure to calibrate your compass in an open space aware of any metal objects and possible interference. You may also provide us a screenshot showing the error message for us to further isolate the issue. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Yes, it happens in multiple locations. I have calibrated out in a field away from anything.
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

HawkeyePhotography Posted at 3-5 16:23
Yes, it happens in multiple locations. I have calibrated out in a field away from anything.

Hi, thank you for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you still experience the same problem today and please take a screenshot and send it to us for us to further isolate the problem. Thank you!
2020-3-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

HawkeyePhotography Posted at 3-5 16:23

Read the message on-screen carefully, as I recall it says to calibrate the compass or move the aircraft. The calibrate bit is erroneous, the correct action is to move the aircraft. The issue is the surface the aircraft is on when you switch it on. If that surface contains a ferrous metal, it will affect the compass reading during initialisation.
2020-3-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-8 18:18
Read the message on-screen carefully, as I recall it says to calibrate the compass or move the aircraft. The calibrate bit is erroneous, the correct action is to move the aircraft. The issue is the surface the aircraft is on when you switch it on. If that surface contains a ferrous metal, it will affect the compass reading during initialisation.

Or it is a completely Bogus warning having nothing to do with Compass needing to be calibrated or there being any source of magnetic interference.

When I first got my Mavic Pro P, GO-4 app would pop up a message about Compass on virtually every first flight of day, intermittently with subsequent flights for day.

At first, calibrating compass was S.O.P. for flying Mavic Pro P.  Moving drone to another location made no difference, still get message about compass.  Even saw few cases where drone took off from a location without getting message, but on next flight from same exact spot, I would get Compass message.

Later on, after wasting a lot of time with compass calibrations, I got to where I would do one compass calibrate for day of flying; then completely ignore any subsquent messages.

The Bogus compass warnings stopped after I switched from using iOS version of GO-4 on iPad or iPhone; to using Android version of GO-4 on DJI's CrystalSky Ultra bright.

2020-3-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Assuming you have not added anything (ferrous metal / magnetic) to your drone - Open a ticket, and send drone in for service.  See what DJI has to say about mid flight compass warnings.   
2020-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I know where your coming from and it seems to me it’s sensors set to sensitive and that’s why some get it and some don’t , I always get the warning but turn off and on same spot it’s gone and I have flown no problem, I have similar problems with Mavic air but switching off and on doesn’t work and craft just won’t fire up unless calibrate, calibration is very simple but an unnecessary pain.
They’re have been a couple who sent back but things never changed one guy still complaining over on Mavic air forum.
I believe only way they can do something about this is through optimizations and bug improvements in SW and FW .
It’s a bug nothing more nothing less, but not really one you can ignore .
2020-3-9
Use props
DrewAdkins
lvl.3
United States

I've fixed the issue. Thanks guys!
2020-3-9
Use props
KJSnow
New
Flight distance : 28173 ft

Puerto Rico

DrewAdkins Posted at 3-9 09:16
I've fixed the issue. Thanks guys!

How did you fix it? I'm having the same problem.
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_o7O6NwwDH90T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13163 ft
Poland

KJSnow Posted at 2020-9-22 07:19
How did you fix it? I'm having the same problem.

Yeah how did you fixed it.
I have the same issue on Mini 2
even when I land and then try ot start again without powering off it says compass error and want's me to calibrate.
2021-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules