Landing gear wont raise
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GHeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141375 ft
United States

Hi all,
My inspire 2 (w/X7)won't raise it's gear after take off. I recently updated or actuallyI'm pretty sure just refreshed my firmware and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I found a number of solutions online (most for problems geting gear down when coming in for landing) and I've tried most if not all the ones I found. For exapmple using fly home button and switching into atty mode as it descends, then toggling gear switch on controller, etc. The aircraft is pretty much brand new, I've done some indoor testing and updates without taking it out pretty much problem free, I had some issues getting slave controller to operate the gimbal while prepping for a shoot sunday (everything else worked on slave controller) so I updated/refreshed firmware sunday and got both controllers fully functional or so I thought, but on it's maiden voyage (monday) I took it out and the gear wouldn't raise, it also wouldn't shoot in full 5820 raw resolution (another thread for another day, but very quickly will it not record that res. on 128 gig cards, I tried asking my support agent this question and language barrier prevented me from geting a straight answer. when I would put it in 5820, and hit record it would send a message "resolution not supported," or something like that and not record anything).
Anyway back to main issue, I read online to take it out of auto landing gear and did so, no luck... the icon on the monitor was indicating the gear going up and down but nothing physical would happen, the female voice on the app would also say "landing gear up, or landing gear down" or whatever she says when  I would toggle gear on controller. I changed all the settings in the menus. I also attempted to do the 5 taps on the power button thing with gimbal off to get it into travel mode, with no success. I remember getting some warning alert on sunday when I was attepting to correct the issue with the slave controller about "travel mode" that I can't remeber and didn't get again on monday, I didn't think it to germain at the time so I don't remmeber what it said completely, it also went away rather quickly. On monday, I also called service but to be honest they language barrier made it difficult for us to communicate, tho my CS agent did his best, and we went thru all his pre-scripted trouble shooting solutions, we ultimately landed on it's time to file a service claim.  I was gonna try and maybe revert back to an older firmware before sending it in??? Or possibly turn the manual gear screw a couple turns to see if maybe it's just physically stuck. I figure I'm gonna have to get the gear up anyway to send it to DJI in travel mode what if it's just kinda jammed. I have a Big GPC travel case that allows it to trvel in take off mode with gimbal on and thought maybe it's got jammed putting it in or taking it out of that case, anyone had that issue???? there is a small amount of resistance that comes with putting it away and taking it out with gear down could it have got stuck in doing that???
I have seached for others having this issue on this forum to no avail, but apologize if this is a known issue. Or if my query is to lengthy, I just want to give as much info as possible, I don't mean to sound like a newb, because while this is this I2's first flight I'm no stranger to the I2 or I1 and have a bit of a sorted history with them well really just I2. I1 actually always treated me great, but I2 and are starting to feel incomaptable... I've owned this one for a while but never flew it as I had a fly away with my first I2 and did battle with DJi for over a year trying to get them to transfer my raw pro res license, which after I finally gave up the fight and asked how do I just buy it, they aquessed and transfered it??? So finally I took it out monday and had more issues. I love the potential of this aircraft and any help getting it working properly would be truly appreciated!
2020-3-5
Use props
GHeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141375 ft
United States

So apologies for resolution question, I did some basic digging and discovered my 128 cards don't shoot 5280, kind of a bummer but certainly user error on purchase. That said I asked the DJI CS agent I talked to monday if my cards didn't support full 5280 res shooting and he told me it was an issue and I would need to send in the gimbal along with the aircraft to resolve both the landing gear issue and the res issue. Iasked if the landing gear issue could possibily be resolved by reverting to an older firmware and I was told emphatically no this could not be the problem, the problem must be with the landing gear servo motor.  Before I endeavored to retract the gear using a screwdriver, I decided why not give the firmware a go and bumped back from the most recent 01.02.0300 to 01.02.0200 just to see if maybe that would allow me to get the gear up???? Anybody wanna guess what happened?  The firmware rollback fixed the issue! Now my concern is my controller firmware is up to date, while my aircraft is one gen. rolled back, so i'm not sure what to do??? Do I roll back my controllers or try and update my aircraft again? Mindy, thoughts???
2020-3-5
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Algeria

I've had the same issue this last patch and the fix has been to cycle the main ship power to gain control of landing gear again. I have to do this every few flights to reset landing gear and MFD's and have snaptube vidmate had good success with it.
2021-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules