Flight Time Limit?
1441 9 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrewAdkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

I'm curious if there's a max flight time you can fly the mini, I have the fly more combo, could I run all 3 batteries one after another with no effect? If so, what's the limit? Just to be safe, between swaps I allow for about 20 minutes for it to cool off, I was just curious how this worked.
2020-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If it's like all other DJI drones, you could run it for a week continuously without worries.
If it was an issue, you'd expect to see a warning in the manual.
There should be no need to "cool down" between flights either.

2020-3-5
Use props
DrewAdkins
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-5 20:39
If it's like all other DJI drones, you could run it for a week continuously without worries.
If it was an issue, you'd expect to see a warning in the manual.

Do you know this for fact? Has anyone's drone just stopped from it? If it's overheating will it tell you? I'm still pretty new to these smart drones, I come from the world of fpv racing and the racing drones couldn't handle it.
2020-3-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DrewAdkins Posted at 3-5 20:41
Do you know this for fact? Has anyone's drone just stopped from it? If it's overheating will it tell you? I'm still pretty new to these smart drones, I come from the world of fpv racing and the racing drones couldn't handle it.

Do you know this for fact?

I only post what I know to be fact.
As I mentioned, I haven't seen any test for the Mini, but no other DJI drone has any issue with continuous running.
DJI have run tests with some other models running continuously for 72 hours.
I often run 7 batteries straight without any "cool off" time between flights.

Has anyone's drone just stopped from it? If it's overheating will it tell you?

Six years of flying and reading forums, and I've never heard of a DJI drone overheating or having any other problem from successive flights.
2020-3-5
Use props
DrewAdkins
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-5 20:54
Do you know this for fact?
I only post what I know to be fact.
As I mentioned, I haven't seen any test for the Mini, but no other DJI drone has any issue with continuous running.

Awesome, didn't mean to come off rude for the first part haha.

I was just curious, I was going to do a continuous test and post it to YouTube.
2020-3-5
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I was able to fly all 3 batteries in a row without any problem. But I believe it depends on weather conditions and how hard You work with throttle, if You push the limits in challenging conditions You can get max power reached warning and skipping over messages can end with uncommanded descent. So be careful.
2020-3-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

virtual Posted at 3-6 03:47
I was able to fly all 3 batteries in a row without any problem. But I believe it depends on weather conditions and how hard You work with throttle, if You push the limits in challenging conditions You can get max power reached warning and skipping over messages can end with uncommanded descent. So be careful.

You can get max power reached warning and skipping over messages can end with uncommanded descent.
Max Power Reached has nothing to do with overheating.
It just means that the motors are spinning hard but the drone is not responding properly.
It's just the first sign of an uncommanded descent.
2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-6
Use props
Debugger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4865846 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have used 3-4 times all my batteries the one after the other with no cooling time with no problem at all
2020-3-6
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have got a warning my Mini was over heating while going through settings and things with it on my desk  so I would say it will give you a warning if it gets too hot.
2020-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules