3250 9 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17234 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just purchased a brand new factory sealed DJI PRO PLATINUM FLYMORE kit from a local guy.  It is a USA version with a Sept 2019 manufacture date on it. He says he won it at a R/C club function about 4 months ago and didn't want to keep it as he only flies fixed wing craft.  I bought it for a steal.  After doing some reading here I see that DJI won't warranty it since there is no receipt to show from WHERE it was purchased and none is available.   In my quick look at the box nowhere ON the box is that stated. Maybe it says so INSIDE but I couldn't look before owning it.  Anyway I CAN (reluctantly) ACCEPT that as I bought it at a VERY reasonable price.

ANYWAY!  After that long story, what I am getting to now is WILL I BE ABLE TO PAY FOR DJI REFRESH and get THAT warranty since it is unregistered and factory sealed ??  If I can't do that I will just put it on eBay and sell it clearly noting there is no factory warranty. I will easily break even.

2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. If the drone was activated and is beyond 48 hours, please visit this link to upload a video verification for the DJI Care Refresh.  For more information regarding DJI Care Refresh for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum please visit this link. Please note when submitting a video for verification for DJI Care Refresh this is subject for approval. Thank you.
2020-3-6
Use props
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-6 09:30
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. If the drone was activated and is beyond 48 hours, please visit this link to upload a video verification for the DJI Care Refresh.  For more information regarding DJI Care Refresh for the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum please visit this link. Please note when submitting a video for verification for DJI Care Refresh this is subject for approval. Thank you.

OK, you did not answer my question prtoably because I wrote too much stuff so let me try again:

I want to purchase a BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED NEVER OPENED NEVER REGISTERED MAVIC PRO PLATINUM from someone here in Florida who WON IT as a prize.
He has NO RECEIPT and none is available since it was a prize..

#1) What is my warranty (if any) once I open and register it ??

#2) If there is no warranty would I still be able to purchase the DJI REFRESH warranty to cover it since I would be paying for it ??

Thank You!

2020-3-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I think if it has NEVER been registered/activated, you should have no issues, DJI only see the drone serial number being activated/registered.
Once you have activated/registered it, then go purchase the Care/Refresh. As long as it is within 48 hrs. I would do it immediatly.
Then you should be on your merry way.

Now, You can buy the Care/Refresh after the 48 hours (or anytime for that matter) as long as you  go and jump thru the hoops to make an unedited video of the bird flying and various checks.

This is also available on the Care/Refresh page. You will find the instructions there.

So, for #1, you should be good to go IF it has never been activated/registered. (hint: when you activate it, you should try to use a hardware LAN cable to your pc, sometimes the Occusync signal can blow out your wifi signal and cause issues.)

#2 Yes, you can but it afterwards, just have to make the video...
2020-3-6
Use props
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 3-6 10:04
I think if it has NEVER been registered/activated, you should have no issues, DJI only see the drone serial number being activated/registered.
Once you have activated/registered it, then go purchase the Care/Refresh. As long as it is within 48 hrs. I would do it immediatly.
Then you should be on your merry way.

EVEN if I have no original receipt can I buy the DJI REFRESH?  That is my basic question.  Since it has no receipt either from an authorized or non-authorized dealer it seems from lots of (negative) discussions all over the Drone Web DJI provides NO factory warranty and I wonder if that also applies to DJI REFRESH.

Thanks
2020-3-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

When I activated my Mavic gen I over 3 years ago, I did not have to send/show anything like a receipt..
Just went thru the the process of connecting my Mavic to the pc, start the assistant, firing up the mavic and controller, and hit the button to register/activate. Bought the care/refresh 10 minutes after that.
2020-3-6
Use props
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 3-6 10:17
When I activated my Mavic gen I over 3 years ago, I did not have to send/show anything like a receipt..
Just went thru the the process of connecting my Mavic to the pc, start the assistant, firing up the mavic and controller, and hit the button to register/activate. Bought the care/refresh 10 minutes after that.
I think You missed my point.  DJI as of a year or so no longer provides warranty services to any drone not purchased from an “authorized dealer.”   I know a receipt From an authorized dealer is not necessary to setup or fly a new device but it is for warranty service.  Since there is no receipt I am concerned that IF I purchase DJI Refresh at time of initial registration of the drone and need to use the DJI Refresh  they will reject it wasting even more money.  

This “authorized dealer only“ for warranty support for some reason only applies to US drones and I believe started  back to a specific date a year or two ago forward.  I have no receipt and none is available.
2020-3-6
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Well, if it looks like they  changed up the protocol for return/refresh, then you may have an issue.
Then I would pass on that "private" sale and buy from Amazon or B and H Photo ( much easier for 30 day issues, just a direct replacement.)
No customs etc.....But you have a receipt....
2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RetiredInFL Posted at 3-6 09:54
OK, you did not answer my question prtoably because I wrote too much stuff so let me try again:

I want to purchase a BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED NEVER OPENED NEVER REGISTERED MAVIC PRO PLATINUM from someone here in Florida who WON IT as a prize.

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to the warranty and DJI Care Refresh inquiry. First, the warranty starts upon receiving the drone. If in case that the receipt/proof of purchase is unavailable the warranty will be based 90 days after the production date of the said drone. Finally, for the DJI Care Refresh if the drone is not activated/brand new you can avail the DJI Care Refresh by going to our Official DJI Care Refresh website. Please refer to the images that I will be posting for more details regarding the warranty and the DJI Care Refresh. Thank you.

Warranty:

DJI Care:

2020-3-7
Use props
RetiredInFL
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-7 10:32
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble. With regards to the warranty and DJI Care Refresh inquiry. First, the warranty starts upon receiving the drone. If in case that the receipt/proof of purchase is unavailable the warranty will be based 90 days after the production date of the said drone. Finally, for the DJI Care Refresh if the drone is not activated/brand new you can avail the DJI Care Refresh by going to our Official DJI Care Refresh website. Please refer to the images that I will be posting for more details regarding the warranty and the DJI Care Refresh. Thank you.

Warranty:

LOL!

Well, here is where I am very confused with your answer.  Your "warranty" I read online basically states in the USA If the item was not purchased from an AUTHORIZED DEALER there is NO WARRANTY.

My problem is I am buying this from someone who WON IT and not only do I not have a receipt but I have no way to prove it was purchased from an authorized dealer or not (although it is brand new factory sealed and never registered or activated).  

Does what you wrote above  still apply to my situation?: If in case that the receipt/proof of purchase is unavailable the  warranty will be based 90 days after the production date of the said  drone.

Getting an answer to that specific question seems to be a very difficult to obtain  !!   
2020-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules