DJI Mimo orientation while using Wireless module and glitch?
627 1 2020-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mZvpifEfaOjy
lvl.1
South Korea

Hey, I have a suggestion for future DJI Mimo update, i hope and im pretty sure this will improve the Mimo usage. And also a glitch? maybe
Both DJI Mimo and OP are up to date.

When you connect the OP+WM to the DJI Mimo, normally you are holding the OP in one hand and the other hand is holding the phone, but the problem is the Mimo app orientation, Normally you hold the phone vertically and only the buttons becomes in vertical mode but the live view is in horizontal mode which makes difficult to draw a rectangle for track mode because everything you watch through phone screen is on side 90 degree even pressing the buttons is difficult because nowadays the phones are becoming bigger and the buttons are at the very top and at the very bottom, so with phones like iphone xs max you can't really press the buttons without relocating the phone with one hand unless you have really huge hands and its quite annoying.

Ok so, I know that compairing is inapropiate but please make an exception in this case..And i hope the developers please consider this
for future update.

- Son* Imaging Edge
Sony vertical.jpg     Sony horizontal.jpg

- Gopro
Gopro vertical.jpg     Gopro horizontal.jpg

- Mimo (tilt locked , OP+WM)
Mimo vertical.jpg

As you see both Son* and Gopro ,the most used buttons are located all at the bottom which you can set them with one thumb and the buttons that are not used frequently are at the top, but the Mimo the most used buttons are at the top and at the bottom like recenter, rec, selfie mode and changing the gimbal mode and video settings are at the top which you use them quite frequently. But most important thing is the drawing the rectangle to track the target.
Perhaps you can add a button to change the live view orientation also the buttons if so??

The second problem is while using the OP+WM when tracking target is lost, when you track something or somebody while moving or the target is moving and gets blocked the OP loses the target i know its obvious and the tracking rectangle becomes red and it resets(dissapear) and this is normal, but sometimes the rectangles stay green at the very edge and you can't press the X button to turn off because the X button becomes cutted in half (see the screenshot below) and also sometimes the gimbal goes like crazy and won't comeback and not even pressing the recenter works.
track button.jpg    track button2.jpg

Please tell the tech guys to test to lose the target by moving it fast. OP+WM
Guys, i really love the OP it still has the best video quality on the market even in low light and please consider this as feedback to make it even better in future updates.

2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for creating this informative post. I will forward this thread to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2020-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules