Mini Flyaway When Not Connected to App??!!!!!
10771 246 2020-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-9 03:18
Flogging a dead horse again, I suppose you should comment on the PH log, you actually said this guy crashed because he had no gps, but it was clear to everyone that he crashed because of interference, which others had to point out to you again.
No good posting charts and getting interpretations wrong, just as well we have People around who can read this.

As the first message shows, Mag Inf warning.
However, why should there be messages 2 and 3, if not 4. They are not relevant to Mag Inf, are they?

PS. they spelt Filed and not Field. I wonder how clean the software code is?
2020-3-11
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 07:08
I presume loss of gps no data being recorded can’t be 100% sure but I presume that’s it.

I accept you cannot be sure, but why should the GPS be affected at all? It was Mag Inf that triggered the problem, according to opinion here.
Not arguing, just asking anyone.
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 02:18
Your problem is you haven’t a clue what your saying, because all you've done was trawl the internet to see if you could pick up anything that might show what everyone now believes is correct , "except you" because your somehow trying te redesign the wheel.

I put my cards on the table, in fact it was I who was the first to say how I believed compass worked with drones, and I was correct.

Blah, blah, blah.  Look in mirror HighKing MiniMing.  
You put forth the rubbish about "1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to" as if you were some all knowing expert.

Well, backup it up with expertise - Verifiable facts.  No Internet Lore.  No Urban Legends.  No some tom, dick, or harry, drone pilot.  

If you can not, then you are B.lowing S.moke as usual.
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-11 07:17
[view_image]

As the first message shows, Mag Inf warning.

The gps is relative because it gets dropped, downward sensor not sure.

I think code has improved or certainly improvements have been progressed particularly over the last two years.
I don’t believe it’s a coincidence that we see almost none of these cases in Mavic Air or M2P and zoom, although some reckon better sealing of compass plays its part, I think they’re might be some truth in this but improvements have definitely been seen.

2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 07:25
Blah, blah, blah.  Look in mirror HighKing MiniMing.  
You put forth the rubbish about "1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to" as if you were some all knowing expert.

Yet again confirming what I just wrote, always snooping never answering attacking ignorant as Labroids confirmed.
This is a drone forum, no time for snooping into others no time for those who snoop on people in their private lives.
Keep on topic or go away, you only seem interested in causing trouble, not helping anyone .
Good riddance.
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-10 21:42
Sounds good, till you realize when calibrating electronic compass in a car or smartphone, you don't tell compasses which way is north.
Hey genius  .. isn't that the same as when calibrating the compass in your drone?
Maybe it would help if you did some research and found out what calibrating the compass actually does?

Hey Capt. Obvious, that was the point.  You don't tell drone, car, or smartphone; which direction is North.  The process of calibrating drone figures out which way is North.  

Go back and reed what I was responding too.  This time with comprehension.
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-11 07:24
I accept you cannot be sure, but why should the GPS be affected at all? It was Mag Inf that triggered the problem, according to opinion here.
Not arguing, just asking anyone.

As I said I’m not 100% sure so open to what others come up with, but usual delays in data are caused by insufficent gps .
2020-3-11
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 07:26
The gps is relative because it gets dropped, downward sensor not sure.

I think code has improved or certainly improvements have been progressed particularly over the last two years.

You didn't comment on the loss of signal message. Why a systemic failure. I don't understand why the ATI kicks in, because if the Compass goes, then why drop both? The GPS Satelite number 18 to 20 was strong.
Joke, if you go blind in one eye, the doctor doesn't poke out the good eye in the hope of improving the situation.
I wonder why the software would abandon all directional inputs when only one suddenly went wild? The software must be comparing the last reading in both systems to be able to detect a change and by how much. The GPS would only be marginally different and Compass excessively different.
Can anyone see my logic here?
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 07:31
Hey Capt. Obvious, that was the point.  You don't tell drone, car, or smartphone; which direction is North.  The process of calibrating drone figures out which way is North.  

Go back and reed what I was responding too.  This time with comprehension.

The only purpose of compass calibration is to measure the components of the aircraft's magnetic field so that they can be subtracted from the total measured magnetic field. Rotating the three-axis magnetometers allows the aircraft's flight controller to separate the surrounding magnetic field from the magnetic field of the aircraft itself. It's able to separate them since the aircraft's magnetic field remains constant (in the frame of reference of the magnetometers) while the surrounding magnetic field rotates.

No amount of measuring will allow the aircraft's flight controller to determine the deviation or declination at a location (since it has no idea where true north is located) Declination is determined from a global declination model within the firmware. There is no way to compensate for deviation since it's unmeasurable. That explains why taking off in areas of significant magnetic deviation will lead to unstable flight.

Phantomhelp.
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-10 21:33
>>"If you'd read a little of the preceding pages, you should realise by now  that calibrating your drone's compass only measures your drone's  magnetic fields."
>>"It doesn't measure anything about the drone's surroundings."
If what you stated was true, then it would not matter where you calibrated your drone's compass.   Yet DJI manual (along with other documents, and testing); makes it clear it does matter.

"Most of the time calibrating close to steel objects won't do much harm.
It's either going to calibrate properly because the calibration doesn't identify magnetic fields outside the drone, only those which rotete with the drone
"

You feel free to go with that.  

Me, I am going to go with calibrating drone well away from any source of magnetic interference.  I believe DJI's recommended minimum distance is; 10-meters away from any source when calibrating DJI's drone compass(es).   If DJI has updated that recommended minimum distance, I would like to know what new minimum distance is.

I am also well aware that a source magnetic interference rapid declines in it's effects on a compass as distance is increased.  Long ago posted couple of threads on subject.

2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-11 07:37
You didn't comment on the loss of signal message. Why a systemic failure. I don't understand why the ATI kicks in, because if the Compass goes, then why drop both? The GPS Satelite number 18 to 20 was strong.
Joke, if you go blind in one eye, the doctor doesn't poke out the good eye in the hope of improving the situation.
I wonder why the software would abandon all directional inputs when only one suddenly went wild? The software must be comparing the last reading in both systems to be able to detect a change and by how much. The GPS would only be marginally different and Compass excessively different.

Look at the gps health again, although it says 20 if you look at graph bar all lights out, you should for good gps have 4 bars lit up white.

You are asking the right question and it’s one that many debate but guaranteed confirmation of exactly why or how system works may only be down to dji engineers, and it seems to be a well guarded secret .
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-10 21:32
OK, let's try it another way. How does the compass know where true north is located when it is in a region of significant deviation?

If you really mean "true north", then it can be done through formula used with World Magnetic Model (there is iPhone App for WMM) or through a LUT (look up table).

If you mean magnetic north, then it is result of compass calibration process.
2020-3-11
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Guernsey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 07:47
Look at the gps health again, although it says 20 if you look at graph bar all lights out, you should for good gps have 4 bars lit up white.

You are asking the right question and it’s one that many debate but guaranteed confirmation of exactly why or how system works may only be down to dji engineers, and it seems to be a well guarded secret .

Thanks, I can leave it there. Still waiting for fair weather before going kamikaze with drone tests.
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe not a good idea using that app.

2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-10 21:25
Like I said ... Put your cards on table.
What does that mean?
What cards?  What table?

You make statements, but fail to back up those statements.

Let me put it in simple terms for your IQ.

If  you say sky is Red, that does not make it fact.  You can repeat your claim sky is Red till cows come home, still does not make it fact.

So where is evidence or proof showing calibrating (when done correctly) your drone compass, when GO-4 app has not called for it will cause compass problems?

What is basis for hallmark007's statement of: " 1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to." - which is what got this started?
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 08:01
You make statements, but fail to back up those statements.

Let me put it in simple terms for your IQ.

Again cut an paste king.
You left out 2 and 3 these are very relative.

2/ start AC leave until you receive enough gps lock ,

3/ if you get Compass interference turn off AC and move to another location,
without interference.
I'd advise stop digging now !!!
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-10 21:06
1) your one piece of supposed evidence you offered, wasn't
You don't have the comprehension or inteligence to be discussing the topic

1) your one piece of supposed evidence you offered, wasn't

And you do?  Believe you have quized others on their IQ.  

So what is your IQ level?
What level of education do you have?
What is (or was) your field of job expertise?

2) you repeated proclaim others wrong
You are repeatedly wrong

Tag - your wrong-est!  (I too can play that game.)

3) you insult people
If only you had the intelligence, you'd see how your ridiculous posts insult yourself.

Good indicator party to a discussion has lost, is when they resort to ad hominem.   

Or has decided to give other party a taste of their own.  Thus I ask, are you genetically related to MiniMing / High King?

2020-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This will stop the discussion  ;-)

cheers
JJB
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 08:07
Again cut an paste king.
You left out 2 and 3 these are very relative.

More SPIN, Twist, and Distractions.
" 1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to."  stands on it's own.
Nothing about your proclamation suggests 2/ or 3/.

Again, back it up.

BTW: 2/ and 3/ are of your own making (wording).  To claim 1/ is valid based on 2/ and 3/ would require you to provided evidence for both of your statements.   

PS: Being you have a track history of Lying - proof, facts, evidence are mandatory.
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 08:01
Maybe not a good idea using that app.

[view_image]

Reference to the Website's online calculator (App); not the WMM itself.
D'oh!

If you knew much of anything, you would know such disclaimers are common.  Don't try this at home, ring any bells?

I would give you a point for another distraction from having been called.  But it is has failed.

What is basis for your statement of: " 1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to."
What harm to compass will be done if correct (proper) Compass calibration is done, without having been prompted?
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 08:23
More SPIN, Twist, and Distractions.
" 1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to."  stands on it's own.
Nothing about your proclamation suggests 2/ or 3/.

There the clown is back, always asking for proof but offering none.

Tell us why you have to calibrate Mavic Pro every 11km and tell us why you don’t have to calibrate P4pro unless prompted, or are you just making it up that dji are now giving completely different instructions for each craft.
And explain why dji recommend in ALL SAFETY AND DISCLAIMER MANUALS .??

Or are you just going to continue to get slapped down here as a complete Dunce.

Or are you going to snoop on users collect private information about them pass it around for no other reason than your a troll.

Your on here talking about compass calibration, but you don’t even fly , so what’s you real agenda, it’s to try cause hysteria, but you’re a lone clown now with no credibility, no one believes you’re ridiculous notions everyone has been knocked down, by those on this forum, even those on phantom pilots believe you’ve lost the plot.
You know nothing about drones, you’re here to troll people, pick the bones of what everyone says and use wiki to back up you’re ridiculous notions.

I think people are tired of you now .
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 08:31
Reference to the Website's online calculator (App); not the WMM itself.
D'oh!

What is basis for your statement of: " 1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to."
What harm to compass will be done if correct (proper) Compass calibration is done, without having been prompted?

Every “SAFETY AND DISCLAIMER MANUAL” Inspire 1/2 manual, P4pro manual, Spark Manual, etc.
Who said any harm would come from calibration ? I can say nothing better came from calibrating a good compass, but plenty bad came from calibrating a good compass wrong.
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-11 08:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ccH8QYGK8

I feel I mentioned this to you a couple of weeks ago and you were kind of dismissive about it.
2020-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 09:14
I feel I mentioned this to you a couple of weeks ago and you were kind of dismissive about it.

Oops, i do not understand your text  in relation to those 2 video`s.

2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-11 09:20
Oops, i do not understand your text  in relation to those 2 video`s.

No in relation to magnetometers used in dji IMU
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-11 08:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ccH8QYGK8

I think this just hammers home what msinger has has advised regarding calibration and why, hopefully it will close the matter but I doubt it .
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 08:15
1) your one piece of supposed evidence you offered, wasn't

I see the forum troll is once again trying to get users personal information, something he then try’s to use against members, spreading information to others which invariably lead to encroachment on their personal lives.
This has no place on this forum, let him bare his own information before he has the thick neck to ask others, he’s well known for passing on information about others including posting personal information about others on this forum.
He should sling his hook because he’s not interested in anything to do with drones.
2020-3-11
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I don't understand why DJI isn't stopping this MADNESS.

This thread is COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC, full of personal attacks and offences and UNREADABLE.I don't understand what's refraining them from SHUTTING THIS DOWN.

SHUT IT DOWN, please.

2020-3-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 07:54
If you really mean "true north", then it can be done through formula used with World Magnetic Model (there is iPhone App for WMM) or through a LUT (look up table).

If you mean magnetic north, then it is result of compass calibration process.

'If you mean magnetic north, then it is result of compass calibration process.'

We are going around in circles here. No, it is not as a result of the compass calibration process because that process, as performed according to the DJI instructions, at no point has a component of the process that points the aircraft in the direction of magnetic north. The compass component will therefore point to what it thinks magnetic north is, including point slighlty to the east or west according to the magnetic deviation of the region it is located in. This is because the 'compass calibration' process is NOT designed to calibrate for local deviations, it is purely to inform the compass what parts of the aircraft's own magnetic field belong to the aircraft. Local deviation is also taken care of by an LUT, not by the calibration process.
2020-3-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

m80116 Posted at 3-11 12:59

This thread is COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC, full of personal attacks and offences and UNREADABLE.I don't understand what's refraining them from SHUTTING THIS DOWN.

There are many posts full of Indian scammers, they don't shut those down, at least this thread is to do with drones. Get over it or go away.
2020-3-11
Use props
Anno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 761171 ft
Spain

m80116 Posted at 3-11 12:59

I asked a moderator to delete it days ago when it went way off topic and started getting personal, but no luck.
And it may be about drones but it certainly doesn't have anything to do with my original post and that makes it kind of pointless.
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-11 13:16
'If you mean magnetic north, then it is result of compass calibration process.'

We are going around in circles here. No, it is not as a result of the compass calibration process because that process, as performed according to the DJI instructions, at no point has a component of the process that points the aircraft in the direction of magnetic north. The compass component will therefore point to what it thinks magnetic north is, including point slighlty to the east or west according to the magnetic deviation of the region it is located in. This is because the 'compass calibration' process is NOT designed to calibrate for local deviations, it is purely to inform the compass what parts of the aircraft's own magnetic field belong to the aircraft. Local deviation is also taken care of by an LUT, not by the calibration process.

As for going in circles, we are.  Being I disagree with your assertion that calibration of compass requires person to aim compass magnetic north, then tell compass this is magnetic north.   The calibration process detects anomolies to Earth's magnetic field, which are effectively eliminated by compensation data, leaving compass detect magnetic North.

Overall, your question / point is really meaningless, when you stop to realize - Regardless of whether pilot waits for GO-4 app to tell him/her to  calibrate compass or chooses to calibrate compass because of amount  of  time passed or sufficient change in distance; the  outcome is same when compass calibration is done correctly.

Back to original point - To say you should Never calibrate your compass as hallmark007 proclaimed with his 1/, is baseless.

2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 10:07
I see the forum troll is once again trying to get users personal information, something he then try’s to use against members, spreading information to others which invariably lead to encroachment on their personal lives.
This has no place on this forum, let him bare his own information before he has the thick neck to ask others, he’s well known for passing on information about others including posting personal information about others on this forum.
He should sling his hook because he’s not interested in anything to do with drones.

Reported for Trolling with false accusations and insinuations of wrong doing.
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 08:52
There the clown is back, always asking for proof but offering none.

Tell us why you have to calibrate Mavic Pro every 11km and tell us why you don’t have to calibrate P4pro unless prompted, or are you just making it up that dji are now giving completely different instructions for each craft.

You are one who with baseless F.U.D. of " 1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to."

Burden of Proof is on you.

2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 08:55

Very wording of your "1/" implies doing a compass calibration without having been told to by GO-4 app is a bad thing, will cause harm, damage drone, etc.  F.U.D.

Your "1/" is further spread of Urban Myths and Internet Legends.  Since you can't provide a valid reason as to justify your "1/"; it is B.S.
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hedgetrimmer has lost the plot AGAIN, pushed the self destruct button, was found to be totally ignorant in the face of so much proof, he knows nothing about drones, he’s here to troll , spends his time snooping has posted my personal name on so many posts, without my permission, has pm me details about my family, I mean how can he know this,  “how sad”  , he’s always the only person in the choir in tune , well again completely out of his depth once again pea brain and ignorant with it, time to let him be once again be in the minority of one .
2020-3-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Anno Posted at 3-11 15:22
I asked a moderator to delete it days ago when it went way off topic and started getting personal, but no luck.
And it may be about drones but it certainly doesn't have anything to do with my original post and that makes it kind of pointless.

I am sorry.

But I refuse to take personal attacks, put downs, or insults from either of two.  Both have been attempting to Bully or Brow-beat forum members.  For whatever reason, DJI will not enforce rules.

Pretty sure from numerous down votes the two have been getting, others are fed up with their bulling and brow-beating.  Most of us would like to discuss drone topics without Trolling.  Sticking to facts, evidence, etc. without ad-hominems.

Again my apologies for your thread getting derailed.
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Again more proof of the lengths he will go to try fool users , he’s a lying towrag, you will see below what he just posted , but the sly fool cut something short to enhance his lying, at the bottom you will see exactly what I wrote, and incidentally over 40,000 people viewed, so just letting others know this is how low this guy will stoop to get his lies across.

This is what he said I wrote

!!! “ Back to original point - To say you should Never calibrate your compass as hallmark007 proclaimed with his 1/, is baseless. !!!!  (Hedgetrimmer lying )

!!!!” This is what I wrote, note the full sentence!!   !!!”” 1/ Never calibrate Compass unless prompted to.”

I think it shows how low this guy will stoop, I urge members to watch him, he will troll you for any personal information he can get,
I’ve done my bit here now.
2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 16:12
Very wording of your "1/" implies doing a compass calibration without having been told to by GO-4 app is a bad thing, will cause harm, damage drone, etc.  F.U.D.

Your "1/" is further spread of Urban Myths and Internet Legends.  Since you can't provide a valid reason as to justify your "1/"; it is B.S.

Myths, internet legends, again you're found out to be an fool with the intelligence of a Nat. And it’s in many more manuals along with ALL Safety and Disclaimers manuals, but you need intelligence to read the manuals, you can’t copy and paste from wiki .

PAGE 57 MANUAL ..............

2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hedgetrimmer walked straight into it again. I have to bail out here, can’t believe anyone would keep shooting himself in the foot, I think he should be aloud stew in his own ignorance now......

He is without a doubt the bully here, and he made a big mistake in taking in my personal life including my family on this forum, he is a bully .

I like how he is now wanting the rules to apply. But he doesn't mind posting people's personal details, copying and pasting people's comments from 4 years ago, rich very rich from someone who has spent over two years trolling me .

And one last thing. I have never seen even one crash that could be ruled to have been caused because user "DIDNT CALIBRATE HIS/HER COMPASS" And if anyone else can show me one please do .
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules