Mini Flyaway When Not Connected to App??!!!!!
10765 246 2020-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geebax
Captain
Australia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-11 15:59
As for going in circles, we are.  Being I disagree with your assertion that calibration of compass requires person to aim compass magnetic north, then tell compass this is magnetic north.   The calibration process detects anomolies to Earth's magnetic field, which are effectively eliminated by compensation data, leaving compass detect magnetic North.

Overall, your question / point is really meaningless, when you stop to realize - Regardless of whether pilot waits for GO-4 app to tell him/her to  calibrate compass or chooses to calibrate compass because of amount  of  time passed or sufficient change in distance; the  outcome is same when compass calibration is done correctly.

'The calibration process detects anomolies to Earth's magnetic field, which are effectively eliminated by compensation data, leaving compass detect magnetic North.'

No, it most certainly does NOT detect magnetic anomalies, because that would imply that the 'calibration' process separates the magnetic components of the aircraft, the magnetic variation due to position and the earth's normal magnetic field. The process simply cannot do that, and if you had any knowledge of physics you would understand that.

And stop bringing up what Hallmark007 says, I never said that.
2020-3-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 16:40
Hedgetrimmer walked straight into it again. I have to bail out here, can’t believe anyone would keep shooting himself in the foot, I think he should be aloud stew in his own ignorance now......

He is without a doubt the bully here, and he made a big mistake in taking in my personal life including my family on this forum, he is a bully .
2020-3-11
Use props
Drone Diver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11982 ft
Japan

Hey Anno, I basically landed my new MM in a small puddle of salt water on the beach at very low tide and destroyed it within the first week so I feel the pain.Sadly I never had DJI Refresh as they do not offer that in Philippines. Warrant does not cover as water damage. But just like you, I have learnt a whole lot on what not to do with the MM.
2020-3-11
Use props
Anno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 761171 ft
Spain

Drone Diver Posted at 3-11 22:00
Hey Anno, I basically landed my new MM in a small puddle of salt water on the beach at very low tide and destroyed it within the first week so I feel the pain.Sadly I never had DJI Refresh as they do not offer that in Philippines. Warrant does not cover as water damage. But just like you, I have learnt a whole lot on what not to do with the MM.

Well I have Refresh but as we all know it only applies if you have the actual drone to send back to them.
One thing that did surprise me is that despite only having the drone a week I had to buy a new Refresh policy for my new drone which seems really unfair considering that the policy is transferable to a new owner should you sell it.
Still, as we have both said, lesson learned.
2020-3-12
Use props
Drone Diver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11982 ft
Japan

Anno Posted at 3-12 01:23
Well I have Refresh but as we all know it only applies if you have the actual drone to send back to them.
One thing that did surprise me is that despite only having the drone a week I had to buy a new Refresh policy for my new drone which seems really unfair considering that the policy is transferable to a new owner should you sell it.
Still, as we have both said, lesson learned.

That is strange that you needed a new refresh. I will keep that in mind when I purchase again.
2020-3-12
Use props
Anno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 761171 ft
Spain

Of course the thread ends with a Forex scam!!!! :-D
2020-3-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Anno Posted at 3-14 11:26
Of course the thread ends with a Forex scam!!!! :-D

Weirdly, one of the more pleasant posts here )
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules