Looking for tips on better photos and videos
1531 7 2020-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnH2005
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130220 ft
United States

I just got a new Phantom 4 Pro V2.  Even with autofocus set and pretty good lighting, I am getting soft photos.  I have had a Canon DSLR and gotten really nice pictures out of that and these seem pretty disappointing.  Any suggested settings to get sharper pictures?

I am also using the Ground Station Pro to do so Photogrammetry work and those photos are not coming out so well either.  Suggestions on settings for that are welcome as well.
2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-6
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Presumably, you have looked at other users photos and videos from the same model as you? It might help to compare the quality with what you are seeing.
Not much point comparing a pro camera with that on a drone, although I find the results quite acceptable.
Perhaps you are a perfectionist.
Show us your snaps, so we can see what you mean.
2020-3-8
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

That just looks really soft to me compared to what I see other people upload.

This looks soft to me as well.  I will try to go out and get some better examples.  That is just some stuff I uploaded from work.
2020-3-20
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me just the second image is loading and not the first one. The second image is hard to judge because the colors are all muted because it might have been a cloudy day.
2020-3-20
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

The first two are from the first flight with auto focus on.  The last one is from the second flight that also had auto focus on.
2020-4-22
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

Ok, now it is to the point where no matter what I do everything is coming out blurry.    That is using manual focus with it set to infinity.

Manual focus set to infinity.

That is using Auto Focus.

What do I need to do to have the drone replaced under warranty or something?
2020-5-6
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

JohnH2005 Posted at 5-6 05:06
Ok, now it is to the point where no matter what I do everything is coming out blurry.  [view_image]  That is using manual focus with it set to infinity.

[view_image]  Manual focus set to infinity.

Well, after sending in the drone for service, I am still having the same issue.
2020-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules