DJI account logged out mid flight
799 4 2020-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnH2005
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130220 ft
United States

Today, I was flying a mission. About 40% of the way through it, my DJI account got logged out and it took me to the login screen.  No big deal right?  Right then my battery starts beeping at me.  I try to log in.  It fails.  I try to log in again and it fails again.  It just fails over and over and over.  I log in on my phone, which uses LastPass premium and even it fails there but at least it is telling me, wrong password.  Then I change the password and try to log in on the iPad again.  It is still failing.  I have to use the RTH button on the controller as the battery is getting critically low now.  I am starting to panic.  It starts to head back and I am still working on getting logged back into my account.

This was very frustrating and very very dangerous.  I had NO CONTROL over the drone while I was somehow logged out mid flight.  This should NEVER EVER happen.  Does it require me to have an internet connection to use DJI Ground Station Pro or the DJI Go 4 app?  If so, I may have to return the drone and go with another product.  There WILL be times that I will not have internet connection and I will need to use the drone.
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi JohnH2005, we apologize for what happened during the flight, may we verify the model of your drone first? Logging in the account certainly needs the network. Once you log in, it will not log out within a certain time, but it will request to log in again after three months usually.
Was your drone landed successfully in the end? Were you able to log in again with the network?
2020-4-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi JohnH2005, we apologize for what happened during the flight, may we verify the model of your drone first? Logging in the account certainly needs the network. Once you log in, it will not log out within a certain time, but it will request to log in again after three months usually.
Was your drone landed successfully in the end? Were you able to log in again with the network?
2020-4-22
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

It is the Phantom 4 Pro V2.  I did not even have the drone for three months yet, so it should not have been the three month thing.  It also happened again two weeks later, but luckily the bird was not in the air.  Yes, I landed the drone but it was already beeping low battery.  Yes, I was able to log in again afterwards, but I had to use Wifi from a Mifi, instead of the network on the iPad.

As a side note, how do I show my flight distance here?
2020-5-1
Use props
JohnH2005
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-22 23:58

Hi Mindy, I still need help with this.
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules