About PV2+ ver 3 controller
1820 7 2014-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donsaito
New

United States

I've got one of the new controllers with built-in LIPO battery, camera tilt wheel, trainer port, etc. and had a few questions:

1) I assume the LIPO in the controller is recharged via the mini-USB connector, but how can you tell when it's fully charged? (Note: I left it plugged in, the battery charge level lights were cycling, and eventually, the controller started beeping. Is that the sign of full charge?)

2) I seem to be having difficulty connecting the controller up to my computer in order to run the DJI Vision Assistant software - they don't connect. I was hoping to activate the IOC settings for Course and Home Lock on Switch 2.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help me with these questions.
2014-11-17
Use props
DJI-祥天空
lvl.1

China

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2014-11-18
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

DJI-祥天空 Posted at 2014-11-18 20:18
Dear donsaito,
Q1. The power light will turn to green if the power is full, what’s more, you can a ...

Q1. You don't have to leave the remote controller on when you are charging the bulit-in battery. In fact it is recommended that you charge the remote controller when it is powered off. The beeping sound is to alter you that remote controller has  being idling for more than 5 mins.  Hence,  you'd better switch it off before you charge the remote controller.
2014-11-18
Use props
DJI-DingC
lvl.2

China

Q1, It is not recommend to charge your remote controller while is powered on.  The power LED will show solid green when the battery is fully charged. And the beeping sound you heard is to notify you that the remote controller has been idling for too long, just turn off the remote controller while it is charging.

Q2. Ensure that you download the DJI Win driver before you connect the Phantom to your PC for the first time.
2014-11-18
Use props
MalcB
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I had trouble myself but I read a good comment in the Newby section - read the manual ! Apparently I was pressing all the right buttons but not necessarily in the right order. Page 69 in the manual explains how to download the Driver Installer and the latest version (3.6) of the Vision + Assistant software. I followed the instructions (including binding the RC to the Phantom on Page 26) and all was good !

Good luck - Malc
2014-11-18
Use props
donsaito
New

United States

DJI-DingC Posted at 2014-11-18 20:34
Q1. You don't have to leave the remote controller on when you are charging the bulit-in battery. I ...

Ah! Got it, thanks.
2014-11-18
Use props
whyley27
lvl.2

United Kingdom

seems a lot of newbie questions can be answered by just reading the manual before you do anything else.
2014-11-18
Use props
donsaito
New

United States

Thanks all! Here's what I found out after calling my dealer (Aces Deals):

Here's what you need to do to successfully use the Vision Assistant software:
0.  Be sure the Vision Assistant software and the DJI Driver (for WIN or MAC) are installed on your computer.
1.  Use the supplied micro-USB cable to connect your computer to the port in the front of the quadcopter (under the little flap).
2.  Turn on the controller.
3.  Remove the gimbal clamp and lens cap from the camera.
4.  Activate the battery in the quadcopter.
-
Once the quadcopter is on, the controller is on, and the quadcopter is connected to the computer via the micro-USB cable, THEN you'll be able to start the DJI Vision Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software and perform calibrations, and/or switch from the default "Phantom" mode to the more advanced "NAZA-M" mode, make configuration changes, etc.
-
Hope this helps!
2014-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules