Using a Rode VideoMic Me-L with Osmo Mobile 3
4062 1 2020-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jfmonteiro
lvl.1
Portugal

Hello,
I got both an Osmo Mobile 3 and the Rode VideoMic Me-L, looking forward to getting digital audio input from a directional mic while shooting with the Osmo.
To my surprise, what caught my attention the most on the Osmo, its compactness, turned to be its weak point for my setup: if I face the mic to the front camera, its hard to balance the phone (iPhone 8) and you see the Osmo struggles with the weight, as phone+mic equals the maximum supported 200g.
It gets worse if I face the mic to the back camera. In this case, it does not even fit the Osmo, as the mic hits the roll motor arm.

So I am left with two options:

1 - Return either mic or gimbal and get different hardware. In this case, I would rather return the mic as I really like the Osmo compactness, so I would like to ask the opinion of the more seasoned osmo/mic combo users here, for what mic to get and its related hardware for best osmo3+iphone8 performance

2 - Keeping both Osmo and mic. In this case I would like to ask for advice on how this can be achieved

Thank you for your time and thoughts
2020-3-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out and sharing these information. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. In addition, the extra weight from the third party accessory (mic) will affect the said gimbal's performance. Since the main function of the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is to stabilize the mobile device itself. Just a friendly reminder that DJI does not recommend using any third party accessory this may affect the performance of the said gimbal when in used and might void the warranty of the said gimbal as well. Thank you for you understanding and support.

2020-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules