Protocol & low power mode
10728 5 2020-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mede
lvl.1
France

Hello,
I have some questions about protocol & low power mode of dji air unit.
Indeed, i'm begineer and i didn't find information about the differents protocols.
Can you explain me the differences between theses differents protocol and which is the best (Normal, Sbus, Dji HDL).
My second question is about the low power mode. (let's say i use 700mw power) I know if the air unit enter in low power mode : latency increase & 30fps but will I stay in 700mw or i will be set at 25mw ?

Thank you !
2020-3-8
Use props
Mede
lvl.1
France

Please I need your help, thank you
2020-3-11
Use props
LeeSH
lvl.1

South Korea

I'm not sure but as far as I know, it will reduce power.
2020-3-12
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI HDL has lower latency for the control signal. This has no effect on the video signal. You enable it by entering set sbus_baud_fast = ON in the Betaflight CLI. You should have the SBUS protocol selected in Betaflight. The protocol selected in the goggles needs to match what is set in Betaflight or the controls will not work. Low power mode only uses a selected higher power setting while the quad is armed. This keeps the air unit a bit cooler when it does not have air from the motors spinning helping to keep it cool. When it is on, it is possible to fly far enough away that if you disarm, you could lose video until arming again. I have not experimented with this, but I would expect the control signal to still work. It’s probably best to leave this on since it protects the air unit from overheating.
2020-3-12
Use props
fans06ccbe98
New

Colombia

Hi Folks, I broke up the FC connector into the air unit, and the RX pad for the video is broken as well,  I was thinking fly without OSD, but they told me, how the air unit is not connected to the FC I can't go out of the low power mode. I am not sure, what can I do at this point.

2021-10-13
Use props
adomanim
lvl.3

Palestine

Compared to the regular mode, is low power mode making a significant improvement in battery life or any improvement. What is your experience, and what are some of the advantages and disadvantages of using low power mode? I’ve heard that it can reduce the temperature of your phone if it’s very warm.

2022-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules