2567 33 2020-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was flying my Mini this weekend, took off with 100% battery on all devices and was taking some pics. I was at about 70 feet up, and 270 feet out, above the timber of trees behind my house.  Wind was under 10mph.  I noticed my Mini was decending; no matter how much I pressed 'up' it was going down.  It ended up stuck in the branches of the tree about 57 feet up.  In the logs I noted the 'not enough force' error.  Sunday was super windy here, so before I needed to get out a grappling hook and ladder it had blown down.  No worse for the wear (replaced all the props).  

It's annoying that this hasn't been addressed yet by DJI.
2020-3-9
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sure they'll fall behind pilor error
2020-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe try contacting dji for answers, it’s happening a lot, but no explanation why and I think only dji can answer it, I suppose in the end you were lucky that you got it back .
2020-3-9
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I posted as a cautionary tale - until this happened to me I was leaning towards pilot error in a lot of these reports.  Now not so much.  As a caveat I was flying on the original props (December) and am not unconvinced that plastic fatigue is a factor in these and similar issues.
2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Porktree. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini and thank you for sharing this experience with us. Just a reminder that since there was a crash that happened before and if you fill the the drone is not working properly on your future flights. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the incident and thank you.
2020-3-9
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

What was the voltage of your battery? I noticed not enough force error more often below 50% or 40% on windy day, that's why I'm more cautious at this situation...
2020-3-9
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

virtual Posted at 3-9 10:56
What was the voltage of your battery? I noticed not enough force error more often below 50% or 40% on windy day, that's why I'm more cautious at this situation...

Battery was above 85% - I'd only been in the air for 2 minutes.
2020-3-9
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Don't worry, DJI won't answer you, I don't know if due to inefficiency, lack of answers or just rudeness.
If you entered an email on the site to open a ticket, you will not find a track on your DJI account. Shameful.
2020-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your incident sounds like many other uncommanded descent cases.
I'd be very wary to fly the drone again if it was mine but if you are game, it would be very interesting to know if the issue comes and goes or if it has developed and will now be a constant.
Most cases have resulted in the loss of the drone so there's not a lot of data to tell if it's going to repeat or how much.

If interested, post the flight data and I'll give an analysis that you can use in discussions with DJI.

2020-3-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SupBro Posted at 3-9 10:12

You might be sure but it's very hard for them to when/if the data clearly shows it wasn't a user problem.
They've already replaced quite a few Minis that were lost due to uncommanded descent.
2020-3-9
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-9 20:08
You might be sure but it's very hard for them to when/if the data clearly shows it wasn't a user problem.
They've already replaced quite a few Minis that were lost due to uncommanded descent.

They're sneaky that way, they will find something in the data to get out of it
2020-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SupBro Posted at 3-10 06:37
They're sneaky that way, they will find something in the data to get out of it

What you are saying is counter to the facts.
DJI have replaced plenty of drones under warranty when the recorded flight data shows that the issue was a DJI issue.
2020-3-10
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-10 13:58
What you are saying is counter to the facts.
DJI have replaced plenty of drones under warranty when the recorded flight data shows that the issue was a DJI issue.

There are countless of cases where people complain about clearly having a DJI issue and DJI refuses to accept responsiblity.

There is nothing contrary to the facts about my statements
2020-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SupBro Posted at 3-11 05:42
There are countless of cases where people complain about clearly having a DJI issue and DJI refuses to accept responsiblity.

There is nothing contrary to the facts about my statements

There are countless cases of people that think the loss of their drone was due to a DJI issue, but their flight data tells a very different story.

Show me the data from one of your countless cases??
2020-3-11
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-11 05:46
There are countless cases of people that think the loss of their drone was due to a DJI issue, but their flight data tells a very different story.

Show me the data from one of your countless cases??

Enjoy

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/cerritos/profile/drone-sales/dji-service-llc-1216-267337/customer-reviews
2020-3-11
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-9 20:08

Thanks for the offer but I'm good.  

Anecdotally, I've now flow two full batteries worth of flights with no errors in the logs.  I'm growing more comfortable with the propeller being the culprit.
2020-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SupBro Posted at 3-11 06:01
Enjoy

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/cerritos/profile/drone-sales/dji-service-llc-1216-267337/customer-reviews

How can I tell if disgruntled customers have a valid complaint?
There's no shortage of idiots that lose their drone and blame DJI.
I asked for recorded flight data showing a case of a DJI issue that DJI passed off as user error.
2020-3-11
Use props
themich0r
lvl.3
Flight distance : 62526 ft
Germany

SupBro Posted at 3-11 06:01
Enjoy

Thats kinda normal. People normaly don't rate if everything is fine. I'll more trust amazon or other shops reviews than this.

A lot of  this cases, even here in this forums are caused by to not start with enough gps satelites, interference or strong winds etc.

I won't blame anyone, pilot failures are human, some loses are due to software errors. But so far when this fact is confirmed, DJI is replacing the drones.
2020-3-11
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-11 13:45
How can I tell if disgruntled customers have a valid complaint?
There's no shortage of idiots that lose their drone and blame DJI.
I asked for recorded flight data showing a case of a DJI issue that DJI passed off as user error.

Did you read the posts? It is very clear these are valid complaints. Sure, there may be a few who blame DJI for their own stupidity, but a simple google search of DJI's customer service reputation gives it all away. It doesn't take a genius to realize this.
I'm not going to dig up recorded flight data just to satisfy you, you can do that yourself if you really want to.  Or don't i don't really care either way.

I'm simply keeping everyone informed of what the facts are. People can read the reviews and decide for themselves.
2020-3-12
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

themich0r Posted at 3-11 23:32
Thats kinda normal. People normaly don't rate if everything is fine. I'll more trust amazon or other shops reviews than this.

A lot of  this cases, even here in this forums are caused by to not start with enough gps satelites, interference or strong winds etc.

I agree, most people complain when there is something wrong. However, read how DJI handles this, clearly it is not customer friendly.
2020-3-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SupBro Posted at 3-12 04:34
Did you read the posts? It is very clear these are valid complaints. Sure, there may be a few who blame DJI for their own stupidity, but a simple google search of DJI's customer service reputation gives it all away. It doesn't take a genius to realize this.
I'm not going to dig up recorded flight data just to satisfy you, you can do that yourself if you really want to.  Or don't i don't really care either way.

Sure, there may be a few who blame DJI for their own stupidity, but a simple google search of DJI's customer service reputation gives it all away.
I'm not going to dig up recorded flight data just to satisfy you, you can do that yourself if you really want to.
Rather than a Google search, how about looking at the recorded flight data to see what's really causing problems.
It's pretty clear that you haven't, chances are that you can't read data.
But I can and have read data from hundreds of incidents, and guess what ... Incidents that are a genuine DJI issue are a very small proportion of the total.
But there are many flyers that don't accept that and blame DJI.

Or don't i don't really care either way.
Yeah ... why let facts get in the way of your story?

I'm simply keeping everyone informed of what the facts are.
If you don't read the data, you don't have the facts, you have hearsay.

2020-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SupBro Posted at 3-12 04:35
I agree, most people complain when there is something wrong. However, read how DJI handles this, clearly it is not customer friendly.

How do they handle it, would it surprise you if dji were to replace a drone because it contacted magnetic interference for instance.
While conning their customers as you say they save a few quid, but the price of this is their reputation which would cost a whole lot more, I think anyone with a modicum of savvy could work that one out.
2020-3-12
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

SupBro Posted at 3-12 04:35

I showed DJI my log and video. They acknowledged it is not user error and offered free repair. Ofc I did not accept their repair offer as I think their diagnose is nonsense. On many occasions, DJI just replaces your units and hoping it is gonna behave. But the point this, they are not always shamming people as you put it. We do not even know how those people got 'cheated' actually did and data is the only way to tell for sure. Maybe DJI service has an inconsistency of service but I refuse to believe they are always out to cheat their customers.
2020-3-12
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-12 05:30
Sure, there may be a few who blame DJI for their own stupidity, but a simple google search of DJI's customer service reputation gives it all away.
I'm not going to dig up recorded flight data just to satisfy you, you can do that yourself if you really want to.
Rather than a Google search, how about looking at the recorded flight data to see what's really causing problems.

It's pretty clear that you haven't, chances are that you can't read data.
But I can and have read data from hundreds of incidents, and guess what ... Incidents that are a genuine DJI issue are a very small proportion of the total.
But there are many flyers that don't accept that and blame DJI.
What makes you think I can’t read data? How about you stop accusing people of things. In my own experience, DJI has a long way to go in terms of how they candle customers. The attitude I’ve received from them is not friendly. Hence, why I inform folks of other cases.
I have no way of knowing that your claim to be able to ‘read data’ is true, you can make that up on the spot, but I don’t really care. I just want people to be aware of how DJI treats their customers. I hope you don’t have to deal with their bad customer service, but if you do, you will be sorry you ever defended them.

Yeah ... why let facts get in the way of your story?
What facts? Is it a fact that they have bad reviews on BBB, Fact. Is it a fact that they have bad reviews on Google, Fact. Is it a fact that my own experience has been the same. Fact.  I’ll turn it on you, how about you show me data. You have yet to provide me with any data either way. Thus, I don’t care what you think.

If you don't read the data, you don't have the facts, you have hearsay.
A few cases here and there fine, but the MAJORITY of people reporting this is not hearsay, but I’ll bite. Show me the data. Better yet, DJI how about you do?
2020-3-13
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-12 06:51
How do they handle it, would it surprise you if dji were to replace a drone because it contacted magnetic interference for instance.
While conning their customers as you say they save a few quid, but the price of this is their reputation which would cost a whole lot more, I think anyone with a modicum of savvy could work that one out.

I agree with you, however, in my own personal experience, they would rather save a few dollars than spend a few to make a customer happy. Not all the time, but if you read the reviews, you can pretty much see where DJI's customer service reputation is.. in the garbage.
2020-3-13
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Guorium Posted at 3-12 19:36
I showed DJI my log and video. They acknowledged it is not user error and offered free repair. Ofc I did not accept their repair offer as I think their diagnose is nonsense. On many occasions, DJI just replaces your units and hoping it is gonna behave. But the point this, they are not always shamming people as you put it. We do not even know how those people got 'cheated' actually did and data is the only way to tell for sure. Maybe DJI service has an inconsistency of service but I refuse to believe they are always out to cheat their customers.

To be clear, I don't claim that they cheat 100% of their customers. Of course not, however, it is obvious that they are not customer friendly. That's all i'm trying to convey here, but some people are taking it personal.
2020-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

SupBro Posted at 3-13 10:31
I agree with you, however, in my own personal experience, they would rather save a few dollars than spend a few to make a customer happy. Not all the time, but if you read the reviews, you can pretty much see where DJI's customer service reputation is.. in the garbage.

I think you need to look back a companies when they were 12 year# old, Apple for instance, customer service not great, product line sh*t , wait for iPad 1 in Europe 9 months etc etc , I think most people who are happy with service don’t come on here or other forums to give credit, it’s just the way.

It’s pretty obvious it’s no5 bothering you, you have many purchases .
2020-3-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

SupBro Posted at 3-13 10:29

No it doesn't.
It just shows that there are a lot of people unhappy about DJI.
But DJI drones sell in the millions, their drones have >70% market share while their nearest competition has <10%.
So even a small percentage of unhappy customers will be a large number.

What makes you think I can’t read data? How about you stop accusing people of things. In my own experience, DJI has a long way to go in terms of how they candle customers. The attitude I’ve received from them is not friendly. Hence, why I inform folks of other cases.
What you've said already suggests pretty strongly that you don't read flight data.
If you'd read the flight data from half as many incidents as I have, you'd have learned a long time ago that drone flyers are the cause of the overwhelming majorityof drone losses and crashes.
You'd also know that a large number blame DJi for their incident but the data often doesn't support their claims
And if you'd read the data and followed the cases, you'd have also heard from owners who have had their drones replaced when the data does show a DJI problem.

I have no way of knowing that your claim to be able to ‘read data’ is true, you can make that up on the spot, but I don’t really care.
If you'd been around forums much you would know that I haven't made it up on the spot.

I just want people to be aware of how DJI treats their customers. I hope you don’t have to deal with their bad customer service, but if you do, you will be sorry you ever defended them.
As it happens, I have dealt with their customer service on two occasions and both times the outcome was fast, efficient and positive.
One time, I had a lost Phantom replaced under warranty because the flight data did show that the issue was a DJI problem.
I've seen lots of other cases that ended that way

That's pretty clear.
You come across as a disgruntled customer who is going to do their best to attack the company you are unhappy about.

What facts? Is it a fact that they have bad reviews on BBB, Fact. Is it a fact that they have bad reviews on Google.
Since you favour Google as your information source, search on any company that sells a lot of their product and you'll find similar large numbers of bad reviews.
That's normal for companies that sell in the millions, particularly when there is a stiff learning curve for their product and the overwhelming majority of problems are due to operator errors and misunderstandings.

You are simply ranting and don't want facts to get in the way of your campaign.

Show me the data. Better yet, DJI how about you do?
The data is there for anyone that looks.
DJi don't ever share any real information in this forum so you'd be out of luck on that score.

2020-3-13
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It doesn't matter why customers are unsatisfied with the company. The simple fact is that they are recently. Can any of you veterans remember any instance of this kind of attitude in the past with earlier release of models?

"DJi don't ever share any real information in this forum so you'd be out of luck on that score."
Well.... isn't that telling?

I haven't had real significant problems with my two Minis but I don't like that the company has not even made any public attempt to address customer complaints. In my country, that would be a death knell for it.

2020-3-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-13 19:32
It doesn't matter why customers are unsatisfied with the company. The simple fact is that they are recently. Can any of you veterans remember any instance of this kind of attitude in the past with earlier release of models?

"DJi don't ever share any real information in this forum so you'd be out of luck on that score."

It doesn't matter why customers are unsatisfied with the company. The simple fact is that they are recently.
Search and you'll always find a lot of unsatisfied customers for any company selling a lot of stock.
The important measure, what percentage of customers are making complaints is much harder to measure.

Can any of you veterans remember any instance of this kind of attitude in the past with earlier release of models?
Until the Mini came out, DJI's products have been very good, but there were always a lot of complainers for a variety of reasons, but mostly not genuine complaints related to product quality.
The Mini has serious issues and there should be a higher proportion of complaints for it.

Well.... isn't that telling?
No .. it's the way they have always been on this forum.
Not satisfactory ... but normal here.
If you want real information, you have to work it out yourself or find clever users you can trust.

2020-3-13
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-13 20:37
It doesn't matter why customers are unsatisfied with the company. The simple fact is that they are recently.
Search and you'll always find a lot of unsatisfied customers for any company selling a lot of stock.
The important measure, what percentage of customers are making complaints is much harder to measure.

"The Mini has serious issues and there should be a higher proportion of complaints for it."

"Not satisfactory...."

2 of your answers seem to agree with me. Thanks ;-)

"Search and you'll always find a lot of unsatisfied customers for any company selling a lot of stock."

Not the point I was making...about the reason for the complaints. More and more everyone is having to admit that there are genuine issues with the product.

2020-3-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-14 18:30
"The Mini has serious issues and there should be a higher proportion of complaints for it."

"Not satisfactory...."

Not the point I was making...about the reason for the complaints. More and more everyone is having to admit that there are genuine issues with the product.
I'm not going to disagree.
I've read the flight data from too many Mini disasters and it's clear that it's not up to the high quality standard we've come to expect from DJI.
I wouldn't buy or fly a Mini in its current form.
Most come back safely, but too many don't.
If I was to describe it as a fruit, it would be a kind of yellow citrus.

2020-3-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-13 19:32

"I haven't had real significant problems with my two Minis but I don't like that the company has not even made any public attempt to address customer complaints. In my country, that would be a death knell for it."

DJI is no different to any other Chinese company, they never publicly admit a fault in a product. Another standard operating procedure for Chinese companies is to ignore a vexing issue and hope it will go away, again what they do here. But the overwhelming difference is that in Chinese culture, the buyer has no rights once the sale is complete. They might be trying to change that attitude, but in the mean time, it goes against their instincts. In the US, and believe it or not, most other westernised countries, the buyer is far more important and has strong rights, but for some reason, Americans cannot get past the fact that some other countries do not operate the same as the US.

DJI is most likely quite concerned about the issues with the Mavic Mini, but they will probably never say so, just in some future timeframe a corrected model will come out and they will hope the past is buried.

2020-3-14
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 3-14 19:57
"I haven't had real significant problems with my two Minis but I don't like that the company has not even made any public attempt to address customer complaints. In my country, that would be a death knell for it."

DJI is no different to any other Chinese company, they never publicly admit a fault in a product. Another standard operating procedure for Chinese companies is to ignore a vexing issue and hope it will go away, again what they do here. But the overwhelming difference is that in Chinese culture, the buyer has no rights once the sale is complete. They might be trying to change that attitude, but in the mean time, it goes against their instincts. In the US, and believe it or not, most other westernised countries, the buyer is far more important and has strong rights, but for some reason, Americans cannot get past the fact that some other countries do not operate the same as the US.

Buy from retailers and they will hold local consumer laws highly ( at least more than DJI). I have no idea why so many people buy from the DJI store. It is slow and return is a huge hassle in comparison. The retailers usually have good warranty policy and their bargaining power is way stronger than individual consumers. My local retailer, for example, offers 90 days refund or exchange on the spot should any quality issues get confirmed by the store, up to a year for inspection/repair first (then refund or exchange).  
2020-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules