Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is this the BEST External MIC for DJI OSMO POCKET - Comica MicroP...
8914 15 2020-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hitmax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In this video I find out if this is the BEST External MIC for DJI OSMO POCKET - Comica MicroPhone CVMMT06 and give it a REAL LIFE REVIEW !

Here is a link for the Comica CVM MT06 Microphone:
UK: https://amzn.to/38wfN0F
USA: https://amzn.to/39BOUd5

2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hieth. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this informative review video you have created for the DJI Osmo Pocket specifically for the external microphone you have used for the said camera. In addition, DJI also recommended to use the following microphones for the DJI Osmo Pocket : audio-technica atr-6550, Rode VideoMic Pro, Rode VideoMicro, Azden sgm-990, Sennheiser MKE400, Sony ecm-ds70p, DJI fm-15 FlexiMic and other mainstream brands with 3.5mm microphones. Again, great video and thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-9
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-9 12:41
Hello and good day Hieth. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this informative review video you have created for the DJI Osmo Pocket specifically for the external microphone you have used for the said camera. In addition, DJI also recommended to use the following microphones for the DJI Osmo Pocket : audio-technica atr-6550, Rode VideoMic Pro, Rode VideoMicro, Azden sgm-990, Sennheiser MKE400, Sony ecm-ds70p, DJI fm-15 FlexiMic and other mainstream brands with 3.5mm microphones. Again, great video and thank you for your valued support.

Hi Stephen thanks alot and glad you found it useful I will have a look at the list as I have a few of them already and maybe I will get some of the others to give then a go as well cheers Hieth
2020-3-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks good.
2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hitmax Posted at 3-9 12:46
Hi Stephen thanks alot and glad you found it useful I will have a look at the list as I have a few of them already and maybe I will get some of the others to give then a go as well cheers Hieth

You are very much welcome and these is great to know Hieth. Again thank you for continuously supporting DJI.
2020-3-10
Use props
n03l
lvl.4
Netherlands

I think that David did a test on this mic.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-209245-1-1.html
2020-3-10
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cheers Montfrooij
2020-3-10
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

n03l Posted at 3-10 10:58
I think that David did a test on this mic.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-209245-1-1.html

Thanks yes he has done a good one
2020-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hitmax Posted at 3-10 13:22
Cheers Montfrooij

You're welcome!
2020-3-10
Use props
PerryN
lvl.2

Israel

Hello,
I'm asking regarding the Osmo Pocket.
I just received the Rode Videomicro and the sound level on recording in EXTREMELY low.
Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

The device is not in Pro Mode.
When I did turn on Pro Mode and selected manual in sound settings I didn't notice a change in spite of trying different settings.
I also tried 2 original rode cables and two original DJI audio adapters...

Thanks for any suggestions.
2020-11-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

PerryN Posted at 11-5 05:33
Hello,
I'm asking regarding the Osmo Pocket.
I just received the Rode Videomicro and the sound level on recording in EXTREMELY low.

Hi Perry.
The Rhode Videomicro has never worked well with the Osmo Pocket. Ideally you need a mic that needs a 3v power supply that the pocket provides when you plug it into the adapter.

Ray.
2020-11-5
Use props
PerryN
lvl.2

Israel

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-5 06:04
Hi Perry.
The Rhode Videomicro has never worked well with the Osmo Pocket. Ideally you need a mic that needs a 3v power supply that the pocket provides when you plug it into the adapter.

Thanks the the quick response,  Ray.
That's actually very disappointing given it's on DJI Stephan's list.
Can you perhaps recommend a shotgun mic for the OP?
Thanks again
2020-11-6
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

PerryN Posted at 11-6 07:48
Thanks the the quick response,  Ray.
That's actually very disappointing given it's on DJI Stephan's list.
Can you perhaps recommend a shotgun mic for the OP?

Hi Perry.

If you are into Rhode then their powered mics (Video Pro series) seem to work better but still not as well for volume as some cheaper mics. I ended up building my own mic with components from https://micbooster.com/12-primo-microphone-capsules who also do pre made mics that work well.
I also bought the cheap Saramonic SR-XM1 which while not as good is reasonable and is small enough  to just hang off of the adapter  and can be adjusted to face forward.
I'm not sure whether a real shotgun mic is going to work well with the Osmo Pocket or not. Maybe someone else has a suggestion in that department.

Ray.
2020-11-6
Use props
PerryN
lvl.2

Israel

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-6 10:55
Hi Perry.

If you are into Rhode then their powered mics (Video Pro series) seem to work better but still not as well for volume as some cheaper mics. I ended up building my own mic with components from https://micbooster.com/12-primo-microphone-capsules who also do pre made mics that work well.

Thanks again, Ray
These are very helpful comments!
2020-11-6
Use props
Hitmax
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 11-5 06:04
Hi Perry.

Nice one Ray I was not aware of that
2020-11-27
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hitmax Posted at 11-27 13:34
Nice one Ray I was not aware of that

The only other thing I would say about microphones for roaming around is make sure they have a decent body. IE. metal, as un-shielded microphones on the Pocket are susceptible to picking up mains hum when next to nearby high voltage cabling. I found this at events or fairgrounds when walking over power cables or next to power generators.
2020-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules