Apps V1.1.0 Just Released
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

A new version of the RoboMaster S1 apps was just released, along the Chinese only product release of the RoboMaster EP.
NEW FEATURES
1. Added RoboMaster EP support, including:
1) Product activation and firmware upgrade functions;
2) Added expansion module access function, robot arm control and robot claw control functions;
3) New laboratory Scratch programming interfaces, including expansion module related interfaces, setting visual label recognition color interfaces, infrared transmitting and receiving interfaces, and numerical mapping interfaces;
4) Added laboratory Python programming interface, including multi-machine communication interface, UART communication interface support, and custom UI system interface.
* Requires latest firmware v01.00.0000

2. Added RoboMaster S1 support, including:
1) New laboratory Scratch programming interfaces, including infrared transmitting and receiving interfaces and numerical mapping interfaces;
2) Added laboratory Python programming interface, including multi-machine communication interface, UART communication interface support, and custom UI system interface.
* Requires latest firmware v00.05.0100

3. General:
1) Added robot model selection function on the homepage;
2) Add instructional videos and forum entries to the guidance page;
3) Optimized the router connection experience;

The most interesting goodies in there include, IMHO, custom UI system and multi-machine communication interface support, including infrared transmitting and receiving interfaces.

I must definitely dig into the numerical mapping interfaces...

What do you think? What do you like in this?

2020-3-9
Use props
loko
lvl.1
United States

#Quick Reply Here#I was excited to get the app update, but a number of my programs have stopped working. Specifically the line following program. When I attempt to run the program, the list that would normally have 42 lines just has two, and they both have a value of zero. I wonder if this is glitch or if somehow the parameters around populating a list with identified line info have changed. Any ideas?
2020-3-9
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
Brazil

Did you try to update yet? Is there a firmware update for the S1 (it does bot appear so). Did you see any mention of the SDK mode in the new app? I am on vacations now and can' t check anything.
2020-3-10
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

BGA Posted at 3-10 06:04
Did you try to update yet? Is there a firmware update for the S1 (it does bot appear so). Did you see any mention of the SDK mode in the new app? I am on vacations now and can' t check anything.

No Firmware update for the S1 necessary. App V1.1.0 builds upon the current V00.05.0046 S1 Firmware.

Also, the SDK runs entirely separately from the app. To run it, you need to have Python 3.x installed on the computer connecting to the S1.

2020-3-10
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
Brazil

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 3-10 10:20
No Firmware update for the S1 necessary. App V1.1.0 builds upon the current V00.05.0046 S1 Firmware.

Also, the SDK runs entirely separately from the app. To run it, you need to have Python 3.x installed on the computer connecting to the S1.

Yes, the "SDK"  runs in the Robot ( it is a server that expose entry-points to interesting things). In any case, if there was no firmware update, it means the state of the SDK as it is in the current S1 (i.e. what I have been using) is the release state. For the SDK to be enabled one had to manually create a file in the robot so I assume there was already a way to trigger this externally that I missed.

But the SDK does not need Python at all. Any language that can do TCP/IP sockets can use the SDK interface. If you look at the examples provided, they do nt import anything out of ordinary Python modules for network access.

For example, this: https://github.com/dji-sdk/RoboM ... robot_connection.py

Note that it might be that the SDK is not really enabled in the S1 yet with this new app version. Did you try? Should be pretty simple: Just try to connect to, for example, port 40923 on the robot. If it works, the SDK is enabled, if it does not, it is not.

2020-3-10
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

BGA Posted at 3-10 11:15
Yes, the "SDK"  runs in the Robot ( it is a server that expose entry-points to interesting things). In any case, if there was no firmware update, it means the state of the SDK as it is in the current S1 (i.e. what I have been using) is the release state. For the SDK to be enabled one had to manually create a file in the robot so I assume there was already a way to trigger this externally that I missed.

But the SDK does not need Python at all. Any language that can do TCP/IP sockets can use the SDK interface. If you look at the examples provided, they do nt import anything out of ordinary Python modules for network access.

I think you are right and the RoboMaster S1 SDK has not yet been enabled...

I created the Python script suggested in the SDK Development Guide and ran it. The program returned the following error:
ConnectionRefusedError: [WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

I hope DJI will soon releases a RMS1 Firmware update that will unlock the SDK. Otherwise, can we say we will have been scr..ed over one more time by DJI with the RMS1? I sure hope not...
2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing these information with us with regards to the new updates for the DJI RoboMaster S1. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-10
Use props
RoboMaster S1
DJI RoboMaster Team

China

loko Posted at 3-9 19:23
#Quick Reply Here#I was excited to get the app update, but a number of my programs have stopped working. Specifically the line following program. When I attempt to run the program, the list that would normally have 42 lines just has two, and they both have a value of zero. I wonder if this is glitch or if somehow the parameters around populating a list with identified line info have changed. Any ideas?

Hi, thanks for sharing the information. We would like to understand more about the problem and help to solve it. Could you please send a detailed description and the program which is not working to us, so we can test it? You can reach us via robomaster.app@dji.com. Thanks again for your support!
2020-3-10
Use props
loko
lvl.1
United States

Hi. I think I've isolated the problem. The program has functionality until the moment I create a PID controller. Once I create it, the robot no longer responds when I attempt to run the program. I am programming on an iPad using the ios app. Thanks for any help.
2020-3-11
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
Brazil

loko Posted at 3-11 06:57
Hi. I think I've isolated the problem. The program has functionality until the moment I create a PID controller. Once I create it, the robot no longer responds when I attempt to run the program. I am programming on an iPad using the ios app. Thanks for any help.

This is weird as there was no firmware change so whatever runs in the robot itself should not be affected at all.
2020-3-11
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

loko Posted at 3-11 06:57
Hi. I think I've isolated the problem. The program has functionality until the moment I create a PID controller. Once I create it, the robot no longer responds when I attempt to run the program. I am programming on an iPad using the ios app. Thanks for any help.

This problem may be a new bug with the iOS implementation of the RoboMaster App.
I will try the line following program on with my Android App and let you know how it works for me.

2020-3-11
Use props
loko
lvl.1
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 3-11 11:45
This problem may be a new bug with the iOS implementation of the RoboMaster App.
I will try the line following program on with my Android App and let you know how it works for me.

Thanks for your help! I ran the program from my MacBook and it worked perfectly. I think this is definitely an issue with the ios app.
2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules