What does the Motion Block top plate do?
1696 5 2020-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roninuser1086
lvl.1
South Africa

Been doing some high speed tracking on the Ronin 2. I wonder, the motion block has a top plate with four hex screws. I cant get it open and I'm curious as to whats inside it.

I have an idea to add more weight to it for heavier payloads, which can induce torsional movement along the arm if adjusted too far back.

I obviously don't want to Drill into it if i don't have to.

Anyone know what mysteries lie inside the motion block?
2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for reaching out to DJI Forum, may we have a picture of the part you mentioned for further verification?
2020-3-13
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

I also wonder .... whaz about using those hex screw holes to add some kind of cheese plate for adding more weight ?
2020-4-20
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-13 02:38
Thanks for reaching out to DJI Forum, may we have a picture of the part you mentioned for further verification?

https://images.app.goo.gl/hpn5SgXtf1gMG6dDA
2020-4-20
Use props
Roninuser1086
lvl.1
South Africa

No response from DJI? Would love some input here. Thanks.
2020-8-22
Use props
MatRonin2User
New

Italy

Hi everyone!
I'm just joined this forum and a bunch of questions immediately came to my mind.
I'm on a set, as camera operator, using R2 (first time with it, I have to admit...) and I ran into some problems one of which is right about motion block.
Despite being fascinated by the idea of knowing what's inside of it, I'm here asking some clarifications about its use.
I'm working with Panasonic Varicam LT, Atlas Orion Anamorphic lenses, R2 with Flowcine Tranquilizer on a sort of MovieGrip Mini Jib on a pick-up and we are shooting some sequences of a man running in a park (to follow and to precede - are these the correct terms? please be patient, I'm italian).
There are some sort of horizontal shaking movements (that I would have hoped to eliminate with the shock absorber).
And finally my question: Even if the speed is low (12 Km/h - 7,5 ml/h) do you thing I need to put MotionBlock on?
Thanks for any answer
2020-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules