1744 6 2020-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PDS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1539885 ft
Canada

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had a little accident in my car while travelling between two spots with my Mavic 2 Pro. Although it was in his opened case, I hit a huge pothole with the car and the drone went flying. It hit the door pretty hard and the lens cover on top of the upward obstacle sensor broke. The sensor is all good, only the protector broke. I even tested it and it still works flawlessly. I joined a picture so you can see the damage.

Is there any way I can buy this part and replace it myself without using my DJI refresh? I don't feel like waiting a month just for this small of an accident.
Is it dangerous to fly without this cover on?

I live in Canada so I don't know if they sell this as spare parts anywhere.

Thanks for your help.
2020-3-10
Use props
PDS
lvl.1
Canada

2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day PDS. I am sorry to read that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Since we are facing this said issue. I would recommend you contact our support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to assist you further. We have the team who would do their best to fix the said issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. In addition, DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank for your support.
2020-3-10
Use props
Mugsie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

I did the same thing as you. The only way to fix that is to buy the shell piece. The whole piece will have to be replaced. I bought the shell from ebay for $30 and I had the shell replaced for $60.
2020-3-10
Use props
PDS
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks Mugsie
2020-3-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would suggest you send it in for repairs. I wouldn't risk flying the drone, water ingress dust etc it's a lot of money that could come crashing down and potentially be a hazard to whatever is underneath it when/If it fails.
2020-3-10
Use props
Mugsie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1187005 ft
United States

PDS Posted at 3-10 11:25
Thanks Mugsie, I might wait a bit to see if any other damage appears before buying a shell.
Did you fly with it broken or did you wait until it was replaced?

Its totally cosmetic. The sensors will work. But, I wanted the shell to cover that opening in case of moisture or dirt. Plus, I feel better...lol  Just go to ebay and buy the shell and a local guy can change it. Took the guy like 20 mins....   I had it done as I waited.
2020-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules