RoboMaster S1/EP Text-Based Python SDK Released
14541 22 2020-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

After much discussion on the topic, DJI has finally released its Text-based Python SDK for the RoboMaster S1 and EP.

The URL for the GitHub Repository is https://github.com/dji-sdk/RoboMaster-SDK
The URL for the RoboMaster SDK Developer Page is https://robomaster-dev.readthedocs.io/zh_CN/latest/

All the documentation material, at this time, is only available in Chinese, but Google Translate does a pretty good job at providing a usable translation.
Also, although the material targets the RoboMaster EP, most examples were written to work with the RoboMaster S1.

The SDK is not accessible through the RoboMaster app Lab. It runs entirely independently of it.  To use the SDK, you will need to install Python 3.x on your computer. I typically run Python through Visual Studio Code or Anaconda, or directly from a Command window.

Enjoy!

2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day rhoude57 - YUL. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information for the DJI Robomaster S1 with us. Great find and thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-10
Use props
robos1
lvl.1

Singapore

Does the text-based commands also work on S1? I tried on my S1 but can't connect to the ports mentioned in cthe doc.
2020-3-10
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

robos1 Posted at 3-10 22:23
Does the text-based commands also work on S1? I tried on my S1 but can't connect to the ports mentioned in cthe doc.

It looks like DJI decided to keep messing with S1 owner's minds. They released the SDK, but there apparently is a software lock on the access to the SDK server running on the S1.
There is no word as to whether DJI plans to release either a Firmware update, which should have come out with the V1.1.0 apps and the SDK, or the "magic incantations" one must do to make the RMS1 do the SDK voodoo its supposed to do...
So frustrating...
2020-3-10
Use props
ajjwncyahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

I downloaded the SDK and tried to run the file direct_connection.py and it returns an ImportError: No module named queue. I was planning to look into the documentation but if there's a software lock, then there's no use in trying I suppose. How did you know that there's a software lock? What test confirmed that for you?
2020-3-11
Use props
rhoude57 - YUL
lvl.4
Canada

ajjwncyahoo.com Posted at 3-11 09:44
I downloaded the SDK and tried to run the file direct_connection.py and it returns an ImportError: No module named queue. I was planning to look into the documentation but if there's a software lock, then there's no use in trying I suppose. How did you know that there's a software lock? What test confirmed that for you?

The topic of the Softawa Lock on the RoboMaster S1 is discussed in this thread.

Rumours Concerning a Pending RMS1 SDK Beta Release

In order to access the SDK, you must gain root access to the  Intelligent Controller processor.
2020-3-11
Use props
Mrluo0755
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407178 ft
  • >>>
United States

rhoude57 - YUL Posted at 3-11 11:50
The topic of the Softawa Lock on the RoboMaster S1 is discussed in this thread.

Rumours Concerning a Pending RMS1 SDK Beta Release
Hello, can you tell me more detial?
2020-5-4
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Mrluo0755 Posted at 5-4 08:19
Hello, can you tell me more detial?

The current S1 firmware does not include the SDK code at all. I am working on a way to get it back there but did not make much progress yet (other than confirming it is not there).
2020-5-4
Use props
Mrluo0755
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407178 ft
  • >>>
United States

BGA Posted at 5-4 08:47
The current S1 firmware does not include the SDK code at all. I am working on a way to get it back there but did not make much progress yet (other than confirming it is not there).

It seem awesome! But I hope DJI will bring it to S1 officialy
2020-5-4
Use props
djiuser_tyfGnJWeNrBg
lvl.1

China

I wrote a Python SDK and programing framework for Robomaster EP: github.com/nanmu42/robomasterpy

It turns out TCP API and live video streaming does make Robomaster more fun. I built a "goalkeeper" with OpenCV: youtube.com/watch?v=PTECVzH8z48

The code is open sourced, too: github.com/nanmu42/robo-playground#make-your-robomaster-a-goalkeeper

Hope you guys like it.
Hope your guys like it.
2020-5-27
Use props
djiuser_tyfGnJWeNrBg
lvl.1

China

I am sorry to make the URLs mess, but it seems that I am not permitted to post pretier URL.
2020-5-27
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_tyfGnJWeNrBg Posted at 5-27 19:22
I wrote a Python SDK and programing framework for Robomaster EP: github.com/nanmu42/robomasterpy

It turns out TCP API and live video streaming does make Robomaster more fun. I built a "goalkeeper" with OpenCV: youtube.com/watch?v=PTECVzH8z48

Oh yes, the SDK really open things up. But until DJI officially release SDK support to the S1, it is useless to most of us.
2020-5-28
Use props
Humberto1
New

Brazil

boa noite , alguem sabe me dizer onde compro o braço robotico do robomaster s1?
2020-7-23
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Humberto1 Posted at 7-23 12:59
boa noite , alguem sabe me dizer onde compro o braço robotico do robomaster s1?

There is no robotic arm for the S1. You most likely want the EP but it is only for sale in Asia.
2020-7-23
Use props
usg1024
New
Flight distance : 45600 ft
Hong Kong

s1无法通过tcp/udp协议访问,原因是s1拒绝了请求

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/!%5B%5D()[/img]
2020-8-20
Use props
bigben1
New
Israel

usg1024 Posted at 8-20 19:13
s1无法通过tcp/udp协议访问,原因是s1拒绝了请求

[view_image])[/img]

same issue for me with s1
2020-10-7
Use props
theportalwpg
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for sharing
2020-11-20
Use props
Garia666
lvl.3
Flight distance : 265079 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_tyfGnJWeNrBg Posted at 5-27 19:22

amazing stuff keep it up!
2020-11-27
Use props
puma1969
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2569 ft
United States

I have been trying to get this to work and i had Zero wins trying to install this SDK
2020-12-14
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

puma1969 Posted at 12-14 03:40
I have been trying to get this to work and i had Zero wins trying to install this SDK

if you have an S1 (not an EP), then this is by design. The SDK will not work on the S1 without a hack.
2020-12-14
Use props
dguettler
New

United States

BGA Posted at 2020-12-14 09:19
if you have an S1 (not an EP), then this is by design. The SDK will not work on the S1 without a hack.

@BGA you say "... will not work on the S1 without a hack". Does this mean there is a hack to make it work?
2021-1-8
Use props
djiuser_C8oLIPQsWXsM
New

Sweden

Hello! I have an issue connecting the RoboMaster s1 with my PC I am using the SDK provided from DJI but it not working at all. The RoboMaster can connect with the mobile app but  not on the pc, is there someone who can help?
2-28 03:41
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_C8oLIPQsWXsM Posted at 2-28 03:41
Hello! I have an issue connecting the RoboMaster s1 with my PC I am using the SDK provided from DJI but it not working at all. The RoboMaster can connect with the mobile app but  not on the pc, is there someone who can help?

The S1 does not support the SDK without a hack.
3-1 09:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules