Battery does not self discharge
961 11 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrahamLN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Phantom 4 Pro + with  5 batteries. Recently, two do not self discharge  ten days after recharge, in fact they dont seem to  self discharge at all. The other batteries are fine so the settings on the app must be OK. The batteries show no signs of heating or swelling and in use they are fine. I have totally  discharged them twice but they  still do not self discharge after ten days. I  confirm they  are all DJI batteries.

Is this a major problem and how can I  fix it please?

Thanks
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 while the said battery is inserted on the drone then please go to the battery settings on the DJI Go 4 and set the " time of discharge " to 3 days. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-11
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-11 09:44
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 while the said battery is inserted on the drone then please go to the battery settings on the DJI Go 4 and set the " time of discharge " to 3 days. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi Ok THanks,I  shall have to  download the Assistant then  I have not needed this as it is a P4P+ .
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GrahamLN Posted at 3-11 10:20
Hi Ok THanks,I  shall have to  download the Assistant then  I have not needed this as it is a P4P+ .

You are more than welcome. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-3-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

When you say the batteries are not self-discharging, what process are you using to measure their state of charge?
2020-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your batteries almost certainly will self-discharge.
If they are set for 10 days, they will start to discharge after 10 days and the process will take about 2 days.
But every time you turn the battery on to check it, you reset the timer.
2020-3-11
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 3-11 13:33
When you say the batteries are not self-discharging, what process are you using to measure their state of charge?

HI Generally just  touching the on off button once then all the LED's come up. I have also loaded the battery in the drone and from the App noted they still have about 98% charge and this  after one month!
2020-3-11
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 3-11 13:33

HI Just touching the on off button and all the LEDs show. As mentioned below, after one month on one battery reviewing it in the machine the App showed 97-98%! I have then flown the battery for 17 mins, then drained it to  zero on the ground and recharged. Same result no self discharge. I have 5 batteries, only two are affected the others perform normally.
I shall try Paladin's solution as I  can believe the battery firmware may have become upset. Thanks for  your interest though.
2020-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GrahamLN Posted at 3-11 23:58
HI Just touching the on off button and all the LEDs show. As mentioned below, after one month on one battery reviewing it in the machine the App showed 97-98%! I have then flown the battery for 17 mins, then drained it to  zero on the ground and recharged. Same result no self discharge. I have 5 batteries, only two are affected the others perform normally.
I shall try Paladin's solution as I  can believe the battery firmware may have become upset. Thanks for  your interest though.

Did you see my post?
2020-3-12
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 3-12 04:19
Did you see my post?

Yes I  did and thank you  for  your help - I  was not aware that touching the button reset the timer. However, I am not treating these two batteries any  differently to the others which  seem to  perform normally. I have now carried our the  advice from Paladin and we shall see if that works,.. Interestingly, even after readjusting the discharge to three days a he suggested, my machine seems to keep to the 10 days as a default. Thanks again..
2020-3-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

GrahamLN Posted at 3-12 06:28
Yes I  did and thank you  for  your help - I  was not aware that touching the button reset the timer. However, I am not treating these two batteries any  differently to the others which  seem to  perform normally. I have now carried our the  advice from Paladin and we shall see if that works,.. Interestingly, even after readjusting the discharge to three days a he suggested, my machine seems to keep to the 10 days as a default. Thanks again..

The time of discharge will not change unless you have the battery in the aircraft, the aircraft switched on and connected to the RC controller when you alter the setting. It is best to set it to three days, then don't touch the switch at all.
2020-3-12
Use props
GrahamLN
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 3-12 13:14
The time of discharge will not change unless you have the battery in the aircraft, the aircraft switched on and connected to the RC controller when you alter the setting. It is best to set it to three days, then don't touch the switch at all.

Yes thanks a lot.
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules