Freewell wide angle
1109 5 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kodaker
lvl.2
United States

I have had the pocket since it was first available and love it. I recently bought a Freewell wide angle lens for it from B&H camera. Upon trying it out I found that the results are not sharp, I mean pictures or video made using it looks like it has a film over the lens. I contacted Freewell and they said it must be a bad example and I should get a replacement from B&H. I did that and the replacement came yesterday. The results are the same. I can see nothing wrong with the lens and see only one way to install and use it, but I get no sharp pictures with it. Anyone have an idea?
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI members can provide you the best information for this inquiry. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-11
Use props
kodaker
lvl.2
United States

2020-3-11
Use props
kodaker
lvl.2
United States

Here is an example reduced in size showing the same scene on top without the Freewell and on bottom with it. https://photos.google.com/album/ ... Ny5qxeU-5mTVUmET_2u
2020-3-11
Use props
kodaker
lvl.2
United States

kodaker Posted at 3-11 12:06
Here is an example reduced in size showing the same scene on top without the Freewell and on bottom with it. https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipNBQwF6G02MBfaP7TpSdNy5qxeU-5mTVUmET_2u

I sent info and examples to Freewell and their reply was my Pocket has a focusing issue. Of course it does perfect except when using the wide angle lens. I guess I just had a $35+ lesson to not deal with Freewell ever again.  
2020-3-12
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.2

United States

I had the similar experience. In addition to what you have, mine has a bit blurry all four corners Plus there is huge flare in one corner (something likes light leaking in corner). So I return it to Adorama.
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules