Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How can I turn of data sharing with the GS app, not DJI GO or Pilot?
1499 1 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason Chambless
lvl.1

United States

I have a P4RTK and got a contract where I need to turn of data sharing to DJI.  I do NOT have the GO or Pilot app, just the ground station (GS app) that is programmed into the controller with factory display.  I have contacted 3 DJI authorized dealers and have stumped them all.  

I am trying to perform an automated 300 by 500 foot flight with 80/80 overlap at 200' AGL.  Below are some instructions to supposedly alleviate this problem but do not address the issue of resolution without having a GO or Pilot app.  

1) Use Local Data Mode (LDM)

To activate local data mode, open the DJI Pilot app, click on “activate LDM mode,” and enter your password. (If you want to deactivate this mode, you’ll need to enter your password again.)

Note: It appears that Local Data Mode is only available for those flying with the DJI Pilot app on the CrystalSky monitor, or for certain Android tablets. If you’re flying with iOS or the DJI Go app and can’t find Local Data Mode, then you can use the second option listed below to make sure you’re not sending data back to DJI.

2) Turn off Wifi

If you’re flying with iOS or the DJI Go app you can turn your internet connection off to ensure that your not sharing data. Turning off your internet connection effectively does the same thing as going into Local Data Mode, since LDM blocks all internet data.

Automatic Data Sharing

According to DJI, certain types of data get shared automatically and other types of data only get shared if the user decides to share them. (Of course, if you’re using one of the two options listed above then no data is getting shared at all.)

privacy-dji
Image source

Of the three types of automatically-shared data listed below, sharing can only be turned off for the first two.

Data that Gets Shared Automatically
•App Performance Data—collected and sent to DJI to report bugs or usage statistics. You can deactivate the transmission of this data in the DJI GO app settings.
•User Experience Data—collected and sent to DJI (this refers to basic information about the drone’s usage, including times of flight, flight duration, flight distance, distribution of flight attitudes, etc.). You can deactivate the transmission of this data in the flight control app settings.
•Location Check Data—collected by DJI drones and used to determine the location where the drone is operating based on GPS data, IP address, and/or mobile network ID (MCC ID). This data is used to update location-specific geofencing flight limitations and warnings and to determine the country in which the drone is operating in order to make sure its compliant with local laws. This data sharing cannot be turned off by itself but can be stopped by using one of the two options listed above (i.e., by either using LDM or by turning off the internet connection).

I wouldn't think that I am the first to run into this problem since the P4P v2.0 can fly without data sharing.  Please Advise as how to resolve this issue since it will apply to almost anyone with governmental contracts.

Thanks
Jason
2020-3-11
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

And of course turning off internet connection isn't an option if one needs to use NTRIP for RTK corrections...
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules