Mavic mini starting order
915 5 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ralle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

The correct starting order for the Mavic mini ?
Mini, remote control, Dji Fly? Order of stopping
inversely?

2020-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah you can use that, it’s not what would have been taught.
On
1/ RC
2/ Craft

Off
1/Craft
2/RC

Reason for this way was, if you turn off RC first when finished then craft will want to Rth because it’s lost contact with RC.

It doesn’t matter when you turn on/off app .
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. In addition, please open the DJI Fly application to check for new updates and to see if the remote controller or drone needs to be calibrated before flight. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-3-11
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It doesn't really matter to be honest. People here say turn remote on first before drone etc but it honestly makes no difference otherwise it would be emphasied in the manual. You still get RTH position and fly without issues any way you do it so long as you let it acquire RTH before take off. Try it yourself, it makes no difference. Just be sure to get gps and rth set before flying off and you're good to go.
2020-3-11
Use props
RCnerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18307 ft
United States

For what it's worth I have my phone (Galaxy S10) unlocked but do not manually start the app.  I turn on the controller then the drone.  Shortly afterward the DJI Fly app starts up automatically and I'm pretty much ready for action as soon as the RTH position is acquired.  I'm so used to old school RC planes and heli's that it's hard for me to have the aircraft switched on without a valid transmitter signal present.  
2020-3-11
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

With radio-controlled models, pretty much everybody follows the rule of turning on the transmitter, then the receiver (and the opposite when turning off). With old radios it was a must, but even with modern ones, where the receiver is paired with a transmitter and should not pickup other signals or interference, you basically don't want to the model to sit there, powered up, without controlling signal. I don't care if DJI doesn't recommend it, I consider it good practice anyways.

EDIT: just saw RCnerd's post... saying exactly the same thing...

2020-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules