Note 10 Plus Compatibility
12485 15 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

I'm just about to click the Buy buttom for a Mavic Mini however my past experiences using DJI products with Android made me think I should do a little research here first.
Is there anyone successfullly using a Note 10+ with the Mini?
DJI is also known for having a crippled Android version of their apps that are missing features which are available on iOS. Are there features that are hobbled with Android vs the iPhone version of the DJI Fly app? The app seems to have pretty poor reviews on the Play Store although most people only take the time to post reviews when they're unhappy so it's hard to evaluate.

Any other issues with the Note 10+ or Android in general I should be aware of?

I'd love some input! I don't want a DJI paperweight.

2020-3-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a Samsung S10+ (Qualcomm Processor) on Android 10 OS without any issues.  

UPDATE:  Sorry, I should have read closer and then I would have noticed you said Note 10.  I don't have a Note 10 but I also use a Pixel 4XL without issue and it is not on the DJI compatible list. Hopefully, some of the forum members that use a Note 10 will see your post.  Good luck.

2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. Upon checking the Samsung Note 10+ is not listed on the compatible device lists, it may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device during flight. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.

2020-3-11
Use props
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-11 14:15
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. Upon checking the Samsung Note 10+ is not listed on the compatible device lists, it may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device during flight. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.

[view_image]

The Note 10 has been out for several months, how is it not on the compatible list yet. This is why DJI has lost my business (and I'm sure many others) for several years now, poor Android support! Might lose my business this time as well if there's not a lot of positive feedback about the Note 10 from your customers in this thread. Lots of people want a drone but don't need a drone. You should realize the potential customers you're losing and/or alienating. Many don't know how poorly you support Android until after purchase (I was one of them) and then you'll lose them as future buyers. Fool me once...
2020-3-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

bradgonemad Posted at 3-11 14:22
The Note 10 has been out for several months, how is it not on the compatible list yet. This is why DJI has lost my business (and I'm sure many others) for several years now, poor Android support! Might lose my business this time as well if there's not a lot of positive feedback about the Note 10 from your customers in this thread. Lots of people want a drone but don't need a drone. You should realize the potential customers you're losing and/or alienating. Many don't know how poorly you support Android until after purchase (I was one of them) and then you'll lose them as future buyers. Fool me once...

You might think you are lecturing DJI on this subject, but no - this is a user forum, the only DJI people on here are the moderators and all they do is reply with a robotoic answer about passing your comments on to the appropriate department. It is much like a raised middle finger.

And DJI can only write code for their apps based on the Android platform, and the DJI apps are quite complex in what they do compared to the simple apps you are used to. Further more, they cannot ensure compatibility with your Samsung product and in fact Samsung are famous for deviating from the Android rules, making their products difficult to code for.

Why is the Note 10 not on the 'compatibility' list? Probably because DJI tested it and it did not work properly. And finally, DJI cannot write code for the Note 10, they can only write code that is supported on the broad Android framework.
2020-3-11
Use props
bradgonemad
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-11 14:52
You might think you are lecturing DJI on this subject, but no - this is a user forum, the only DJI people on here are the moderators and all they do is reply with a robotoic answer about passing your comments on to the appropriate department. It is much like a raised middle finger.

And DJI can only write code for their apps based on the Android platform, and the DJI apps are quite complex in what they do compared to the simple apps you are used to. Further more, they cannot ensure compatibility with your Samsung product and in fact Samsung are famous for deviating from the Android rules, making their products difficult to code for.

S10 is on the list. It's running the exact same version of the OS that that's on my Note 10. Guess a Mavic Mini is not in my future.
2020-3-11
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ to fly the mavic mini. So far, software-wise, no issues. A few things to note in terms on hardware:

1) The Note 10+ is very wide. So much so it have trouble fitting into the remote and yet get the original cable plugged in. Not impossible but not convenient. Best to buy a 20 or 30 cm cable, hook up the phone with socket exposed BELOW the holder.

2) If you want to use one of those slot in double hooked lanyard, you'll need to push your phone up to hold the metal piece hooks/loops to the remote. However, because of the phone width and the bixby button is on the left (thus on top), You'll frequently accidentally push the bixby button. Also the same problem as no. 1, aiming the cavle to go into the socket through the hole in the remote is hard. To solve this, I just put a piece of foam in to act as a pusher from phone to hook/loop.

3) The phone holder on the remote tend to block access of some buttons on the top left.

Edit: Formatting

2020-3-11
Use props
djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215669 ft
United States

All new samsung devices are tested and compatible if u want to spend a little more money on the exceedingly better air 2, I mean the mini doesn't even have indicator lights who would want that!? Anyway the bundle will cost you 55$ a month forb18 month and the note 10 plus is tested and compatible
2020-6-4
Use props
djiuser_lzSkvWj170PZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215669 ft
United States

All new samsung devices are tested and compatible if u want to spend a little more money on the exceedingly better air 2, I mean the mini doesn't even have indicator lights who would want that!? Anyway the bundle will cost you 55$ a month forb18 month and the note 10 plus is tested and compatible
2020-6-4
Use props
Burak C.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21814 ft
Turkey

Hello, I have been using MM since December with my Note 10+ Snapdragon version. Didn't had any issue so far. Happy flying.
2020-6-5
Use props
Przemek Bortlas
New

Poland

Burak C. Posted at 6-5 11:36
Hello, I have been using MM since December with my Note 10+ Snapdragon version. Didn't had any issue so far. Happy flying.

Did you fit 10+ in controler?
2020-6-29
Use props
kathy01450
New

United States

Przemek Bortlas Posted at 2020-6-29 13:47
Did you fit 10+ in controler?

So here it is November 21, 2021.  I just bought the DJI MINI 2 because my brother-in-law raved and I tried and liked it.  I have the Samsung Note 10 plus.  It is supposed to be compatible.  BUT the DJI FLY  app is giving me a .APK file.  What do I do with that?
2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_cVrQd1ywZ40S
New

United States

I just bought a Mini 2 on Dec 11 and Also have a samsung Note 10 plus. I downloaded the app fine, but when I open the app I get some annoying pop up that shows 3 questions, but I can not operate anything because the pop up question. i am trying to make it work, but I could NOT use app yet. I also need help with this issue.Does somebody knows how to fix the issue ??
2021-12-12
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

Can you show which 3 questions were that (best show screen capture). I'm using it with Mavic Mini and not the Mini 2 but will try to help.
2021-12-24
Use props
djiuser_uLvTESc1NajI
New

Slovakia

Taktiež mi aplikácia zmrzla na troch otázkach ako je písané vyššie.  Som z toho zúfalý, nechce to ďalej ísť.  Note 10 plus
2021-12-24
Use props
djiuser_5LsohEZusygx
New

United States

I bought a brand new Mavic Air and protection plan. I have a Galaxy Note 10+ and used it to fly the drone... It even fit in the controller. Then the app started acting up and not opening.  I downloaded the APK or whatever it's called and flew it a couple times and then again problems. It also worked with my Galaxy S7 for a bit and now no luck.  I even purchased a second hand Mavic Air because I liked it so much and for a second angle while shooting.  I've missed out on filming some epic overlanding trips,  motorcycle adventures and more! I didn't think I was going to be in this predicament.  Do I sell the two drone and switch brands or will there be a solution in the future?  Any info is appreciated!
2022-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules