Smartphones compatibility with DJI Fly
15917 16 2020-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Diver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11982 ft
Japan

I need to get a new smartphone however there are comatibility issues with DJI Fly app for the MM. Most of the people recommend Apple iPhones as they seem to be the most compatible BUT they are way more expensive than the drone itself. Same goes for Samsung and other big brands.

I have been looking at the Oppo Reno 3 Pro and the specs looks good BUT is it comaptible with DJI Fly App?

I would love to get the iPhone 11 , Pro or max versions but they are more than 3x the price of latest Oppo. I currently use a MacBook and an iPhone would be so much easier but they are expensive. I am really looking for a phone that takes great pictures as I do travel quite a bit and like to snap some memories along the way. Other than that, I am not technical at all.

I have looked at the sites for compatible phones but they only really support the "usual suspects"

Other than Android 6 or above and 64 bit, is there anything else we need to look for?
IOS 10 or above and 64bit?

Thanks in advance
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The Android DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures(64-bit processor).

Most of iPhones are compatible with DJI Fly, it requires iOS 10.0 or above. It is recommended to use the phone in our recommended list for better experience. recommended list.png
2020-3-11
Use props
Drone Diver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11982 ft
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-11 22:59
The Android DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:

Would the Oppo Reno 3 pro be compatible? It does fall within the specifications and is the latest phone by that manufacturer. It is not on the list. I would LOVE the latest Apple but if I could afford that I would not be flying a MM.....just saying.
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Drone Diver Posted at 3-11 23:32
Would the Oppo Reno 3 pro be compatible? It does fall within the specifications and is the latest phone by that manufacturer. It is not on the list. I would LOVE the latest Apple but if I could afford that I would not be flying a MM.....just saying.

The compatible list will keep updating, we are unable to ensure the complete compatibility with OPPO Reno 3 Pro at the moment, but we will forward to our engineers for testing, please note the future update of the list.
2020-3-12
Use props
sabram07hotmai
lvl.1

United States

I can't get my pixel 3 XL to communicate with my mavic mini controller, it keeps cycling between charge and not charge. My wife's pixel one works great
2020-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

sabram07hotmai Posted at 3-14 01:49
I can't get my pixel 3 XL to communicate with my mavic mini controller, it keeps cycling between charge and not charge. My wife's pixel one works great

What is the version of your DJI Fly APP in Pixel 3XL and your OS version?
2020-3-16
Use props
djiuser_artA17kXlJxW
New

South Korea

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-12 03:01
The compatible list will keep updating, we are unable to ensure the complete compatibility with OPPO Reno 3 Pro at the moment, but we will forward to our engineers for testing, please note the future update of the list.

Plz update your testing results with oppo Reno 3 ....I am ready to buy mimic mini ..but not sure if it will be working with my Reno 3
2020-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_artA17kXlJxW Posted at 5-23 21:00
Plz update your testing results with oppo Reno 3 ....I am ready to buy mimic mini ..but not sure if it will be working with my Reno 3

Hi there, sorry for the late response, please check my post in 2# about the requirement of the DJI Fly APP to the Android mobile phone, we will keep updating our recommended list.
2020-5-26
Use props
Greg Julum
New

Australia

I have a new OppoA52 and am also wanting to purchase a DJI Mavic Mini or the new 2 about to be released. Has any one used this android phone with the fly app,?
2020-11-2
Use props
djiuser_cWcoYKBY5aXO
lvl.1

Italy

Hello to everyone and good mornig, i've find this website : the name is - devicespecifications DOT com
and there you can find info about Oppo A52;

I suppose can work with DJY Fly APP
good luck
2020-11-19
Use props
djiuser_NMeEMuAzkkUr
lvl.1

Venezuela

Buenas amigos saben si es compatible con el Realme 7pro
2021-5-10
Use props
petekaner
lvl.1
Spain

I'm in the very same situation as you, lot of people complaining about this because the list of compatible phones is just not updated at all. I opned another thread about it https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=243766
2021-6-1
Use props
petekaner
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-3-11 22:59
The Android DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as belows:

Avaiable ROM or available RAM?
Are these really the only requisites? If I buy a phone with ARMv8, android 10 and 4gb of ram can I be confident that the app will work?
2021-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

petekaner Posted at 6-1 00:25
Avaiable ROM or available RAM?
Are these really the only requisites? If I buy a phone with ARMv8, android 10 and 4gb of ram can I be confident that the app will work?

Hi, petekaner. We are referring to the available ROM. These are the basic requirements, and if your phone meets those requirements, it may work. Since the installation environment of each phone is different, we cannot guarantee that it will definitely work. Here is a list of the compatible devices tested by our engineers. If your phone is not within the list, we cannot guarantee the performance. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2021-6-3
Use props
TobyP
New

Australia

My advice is do not buy an Oppo phone to use with Dji Fly app. I bought an Oppo Find X2 pro. it used to be compatible and it worked fine and I flew my drone every day. Then after update it no longer conncects to RC for my mini 2 which means for 2 months now I can;t fly my drone. I'm buying drones for my local high school and originally had planned to use DJI drones but now I am reconsidering since I can't go out and buy new phones to use with the drones every time DJI software developers can't maintain compatibility with updates to different phones.
2021-6-29
Use props
djiuser_oQKEvZiGY0mN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 482 ft
United States

I understand the Fly App will not charge an Android phone. When I activated my new Mini 2 today I noticed "charge" was the default mode. What should I set it at from the other choices?
2021-7-22
Use props
Chief Clansman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21726 ft
Papua New Guinea

I also waited months to get my Mini SE and was eager to get it up in the air but now that I already have in my hands I have to look for compatible phones to install DJI Fly app to get it going. I'm just don't what else will I wait for when I manage to get a recommended phone.
Come on guys, please consider people or beginers like some of us who are so interested with the DJI drone technology but can't afford some expensive gears. Design something simple for us to use and we'll grow gradually with yous.
A happy or satisfied customer will support you all the way.
2022-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules