Has DJI allowed greater tilt angle for RTH?
10434 207 2020-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

IMHO, the Mini was rushed to market for the holidays, and has barely marginal power to do what "it can/supposed to do".....
Let alone "increasing the angle of attack"..
Just not there, battery, prop/motor/ESC combination.
All to be sub 250grm...
2020-3-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

IMHO, the Mini was rushed to market for the holidays, and has barely marginal power to do what "it can/supposed to do".....
All to be sub 250grm...
2020-3-16
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Maybe it was rushed, maybe it wasn't... regardless, the MM is capable of a steeper tilt angle in S-Mode, the ask is simply to use it during failsafe RTH, in case of headwind. I do agree that the MM doesn't seem to have enough power to do anything more than that.
2020-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

120ccpm Posted at 3-16 10:47
Maybe it was rushed, maybe it wasn't... regardless, the MM is capable of a steeper tilt angle in S-Mode, the ask is simply to use it during failsafe RTH, in case of headwind. I do agree that the MM doesn't seem to have enough power to do anything more than that.

A reasonable option for MM owner to be able to select - RTH in normal or RTH in Sport.

Little surprised all Mavics don't have a 3rd-speed option.  Emergency Speed, whereby drone will provide say 120% of Sport's power to fight wind when doing an Auto RTH.  

With Emergency Speed not being available to pilot, and activated by drone under it's realization of failing to make progress against wind.  Case of either drone makes it home with possibility of battery, motor, or controller damage or does not make it home with possibility of complete loss.
2020-3-16
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-16 13:58
A reasonable option for MM owner to be able to select - RTH in normal or RTH in Sport.

Little surprised all Mavics don't have a 3rd-speed option.  Emergency Speed, whereby drone will provide say 120% of Sport's power to fight wind when doing an Auto RTH.  

Yes, agreed, that's exactly what I had in mind when I started that Feature Request thread. But even if they simply increase the RTH max tilt from 20 to 30 degrees (very minor firmware tweak), it might be enough to make a difference.
2020-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Flycaster Posted at 3-16 10:07

One big thing missing here, your Mavic mini flys fine without problems, once you fly it within parameters set out for you in your manual, this includes in Rth mode.

But flying a drone requires a pilot (user) to understand what parameters are, if you choose to fly beyond these then that’s your responsibility.

In Rth mode your craft can fly in conditions up to 18mph, and you can increase this speed in Rth mode, but if you fly outside of this well that’s on you.

While some might think that mini is inadequate they would do well to look at specs for a Mavic pro a craft that originally cost 3 times as much as a mini but it’s Rth speed was only 22mph so when you compare these craft in both size and power plus price you’ll find Mavic mini was well thought out.

But I would say those who are flying it maybe need a lot more practice as well as reading their manual .
2020-3-16
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-16 17:29
Some rookies expect the drone to compensate for their inability to fly within the limits.

Flying within limits in conditions that can change dramatically in a minute is not that easy if you are flying in an area where that happens. Today we had normal winds (predicted) about 4-8 knots. But I noticed sudden gusts to over 15 knots. Guess that never happens in the stable environments you frequent? Stop making excuses for badly designed equipment. And by the way, I am no rookie to engineering, been doing that for 45 years and know faulty designs when I see them.
2020-3-16
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

Oh yes, it's back with a vengeance...
2020-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 3-16 17:34
Flying within limits in conditions that can change dramatically in a minute is not that easy if you are flying in an area where that happens. Today we had normal winds (predicted) about 4-8 knots. But I noticed sudden gusts to over 15 knots. Guess that never happens in the stable environments you frequent? Stop making excuses for badly designed equipment. And by the way, I am no rookie to engineering, been doing that for 45 years and know faulty designs when I see them.

The Mavic Mini is good drone, but one marketed to general public; there in lies first problem.
Second problem is Mavic Mini is right on border line of being able to fly in average wind speeds seen around world.

As you say, all it takes is for wind to go from flyable speeds to un-flyable speeds.   Un-flyable wind speeds that drones like Mavic Pro can still fly in, which would be above average wind speeds seen around world.
2020-3-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

They just need to add a tilt angle in which the Mini can sustain lift.  They just don't do it because the gimbal can't tilt high enough but due to the design and engineers being so used knowing what conditions it should be in, it has been completely overlooked.  The novice market of people having Zero experiencing using anything controller related, not even with an Xbox or Playstation.
2020-3-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-16 23:49
Or....owners just need to understand the flight envelope for which the Mini is designed to safely operate & fly accordingly.

Not everyone is technical.
2020-3-16
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-16 17:30
Yes 20° is the max tilt angle in P-mode.

All the mini needs is a default failsafe RTH max speed of 13m/s instead of 8m/s. We know it is already capable of 13m/s under user command in S mode. So 13m/s is not beyond its limit. DJI can easily improve the firmware and make MM more resistant to unseen hazards like gusts.
2020-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-16 23:49
Or....owners just need to understand the flight envelope for which the Mini is designed to safely operate & fly accordingly.

Unrealistic expectation.  Drone was marketed to general public.   Reason we have warning labels on products is due to general populace.  
You can't expect general populace to understand flight envelope of MM, when their first thought would be first class mailer for USPS.
2020-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 3-16 23:54

Exactly

(plus more characters to satisfy post requirement)
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

“Drone was advertised to general public”

Just like most dji consumer drones , and the public in general are flying them pretty well.
Mavic mini can’t fly like an inspire or a phantom and anyone who doesn’t realize that is an idiot.

No one is loosing their drone because of sudden gusts or because they don’t realize the wind is changing and their getting caught out, if you know nothing about wind that surrounds you every day then flying a Matrice 200 will warrant the same problems.
Average winds, well that's great because average winds are winds we mostly get, so more time for flying mini users, I'm certain if you had a drone that could only fly in high winds or low winds then less time for flying, so average is best in my book .

Now many Mavic pro drones where lost to the wind , particularly in RTH, I mean it is so much worse than something like a Mavic Air,  yet this was the biggest selling consumer drone that was sold to general public ever,  so the argument about selling to general public is just a crock.

Are all those flying their mini quite happy, just very lucky or just responsible, I for one have flown without any problems in recommended conditions and environment just as the vast majority have.
Only one problem has been identified here that’s uncontrollable descent, the rest I’m afraid is ignorance .
It might be time to stop handing out the get out of jail idiot card to people, and start trying to teach them how to take care when flying a drone, after all this is an adult hobby, wake up and start smelling the roses .
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 3-16 23:54

Yes they’re not and not everyone plays football, but footballs are not sold with warnings.
If you buy a new board game, how do you know how it’s Played ? A: read instructions. But reading instructions for a drone is excused , I mean it’s totally ridiculous and almost beyond comprehension that people make excuses for people ADULTS that can’t show any common sense or savvy, yet they go out and spend their hard earned money on something they know they are no good at .
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 3-16 17:34

Frankly that’s a pi#s poor argument, if your flying in an area where they’re frequent gusts then you should be more than aware of it before you fly. 99.9% of weather forecasts forecast gusts.
I live in an areas of frequent gusts on the North Atlantic and I’m always aware of this and I’m always aware that I as the pilot flying my drone am fully 100% responsible as soon as I decide to take off.

You need to start acting like a grown up Adult, if you live in an area of frequent gusts check the weather and make your mind up, but don’t spend you’re time making excuses for yourself and others .
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

120ccpm Posted at 3-16 17:14
Yes, agreed, that's exactly what I had in mind when I started that Feature Request thread. But even if they simply increase the RTH max tilt from 20 to 30 degrees (very minor firmware tweak), it might be enough to make a difference.

So what happens to those who are flying in winds higher than sport mode, do you think they’re should be a cut off point that you decide is fair, surely flying within the parameters set out for Mavic mini is the correct way this craft was designed to fly and if this fails then by all means it’s a craft malfunction and warranty should kick in.

If we have some who think they are Mavericks then that’s on them, no use in crying over spilt milk, and if they do then they don’t deserve to be called Mavericks.
2020-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Yeah, blame general public when Mavic Mini manual is marginally written, and uses obtuse term with wind speed.
Wasn't argument recently made in another thread that DJI Manuals are less than reliable, confusing, or conflicting?

From a search of Mavic Mini Manual for Wind

Flight Modes: "Environmental factors such as wind can result in horizontal shifting, which may present hazards, especially when flying in confined spaces."
General public is not going to care about "horizontal shifting" or relate it to MM having trouble flying home.

RTH Procedure: "The aircraft may not be able to return to a Home Point when the wind speed is too high. Fly with caution."
For anyone, especially general public "the wind speed is too high" is vague.  Coupled to "may not be able to" RTH and "Fly with caution" makes RTH warning a Meh (shoulder shrug).

Flight Environment  Requirements: "1. Do not use the aircraft in severe weather conditions including wind speeds exceeding 8 m/s, snow, rain, and fog."  
Specifications: "Max Wind Speed Resistance 8 m/s (Scale 4)"
How many forum members can releate "Max Wind Speed Resistance 8 m/s" of wind to wind speeds in Kilometers per hour or Miles per hour?  
No cheating using calculator or online converter.

Video suggestion tips: "4. DO NOT fly in bad weather conditions such as when it is raining or windy."
A suggested tip for Video taping and vague as to windy.

2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I have to say, that anybody reading above ridiculous statements must be feeling completely inadequate, what is actually saying is that the general public are pretty Dumb stupid devoid of all common sense and any savvy, it’s an insult to anyone with only a modicum of sense and sensibility, if you feel you fall into any category above you should not even attempt to be flying a drone.
What an insult to everyone on this forum .

And the fact it has to be printed in such large fonts is dismissing all others as being totally inept and devoid of any responsibility. I for one don’t belong to the demeaning category of person the poster is referring to and I believe most on this forum don’t need his ridiculous patronizing, if he can’t understand let him find out .

Hands up who can't understand what wind is to strong means !!!!

Hands up who can't understand what severe weather means !!!!

Hands up who can find out what M/S mean, if you can manage to sign into this forum, well it’s much easier than finding out how to do that .  !!!!

Be an Adult .
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flycaster Posted at 3-16 10:06

The mini can do everything it says in the manual , can you show us what it can’t do ?
2020-3-17
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-17 07:30
So what happens to those who are flying in winds higher than sport mode, do you think they’re should be a cut off point that you decide is fair, surely flying within the parameters set out for Mavic mini is the correct way this craft was designed to fly and if this fails then by all means it’s a craft malfunction and warranty should kick in.

If we have some who think they are Mavericks then that’s on them, no use in crying over spilt milk, and if they do then they don’t deserve to be called Mavericks.

We already had this discussion. I agree that ultimately it's the pilot's responsibility to know the limits of the AC, and there will always be those who push ACs beyond their capabilities (and lose them).
I simply ask for the MM to do automatically (Failsafe RTH at S-Mode tilt) what it can already do with pilot input. I don't see it as a measure to encourage reckless behavior, I simply see it as a no-cost tweak that might, in certain particular conditions, be the difference between losing and saving a drone.
We don't have to convince each other, and in any case DJI will do what they want (which is likely nothing).
2020-3-17
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-17 08:26
The mini can do everything it says in the manual , can you show us what it can’t do ?

I do not own a MM, but from what I have read here, and other places, to meet the goal of sub 250 gm. weight, compromises had to be made on the build, body materials (arms flexing under load contacting body), the motor/esc/prop combination seems to be right on the edge of servicability, (not enough force errors), IMU issues, and let alone an unexpected breeze....
2020-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

120ccpm Posted at 3-17 08:42
We already had this discussion. I agree that ultimately it's the pilot's responsibility to know the limits of the AC, and there will always be those who push ACs beyond their capabilities (and lose them).
I simply ask for the MM to do automatically (Failsafe RTH at S-Mode tilt) what it can already do with pilot input. I don't see it as a measure to encourage reckless behavior, I simply see it as a no-cost tweak that might, in certain particular conditions, be the difference between losing and saving a drone.
We don't have to convince each other, and in any case DJI will do what they want (which is likely nothing).

Not so sure about it ultimately being pilot's responsibility when:
1) Targeted market for Mavic Mini was NOT pilots.
2) DJI put out sales videos making it appear as there was nothing to flying MM.
3) Mavic Mini manual uses vague terms like "windy", which to some is 4-mph and others who live on an island where "windy" means 40-kph.
4) DJI sold Mavic Mini knowing it would have problems doing RTH in average wind speeds experienced around world.

Where we do agree is Mavic Mini should be able to use power available on Sports mode (or possible even more power) on a automatically triggered RTH.  Mavic Mini should be able to tell:
1) It is not making progress towards home using normal power.
2) Determine from angle of tilt it is fighting against strong head wind.
2020-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-17 09:02
No DJI aircraft performs an RTH at maximum speed, so I wouldn't expect the Mini to be any different.  Too inefficient to run all out.  I would think a good compromise would be having the Mini RTH at 22 mph (~10 m/s).  This would put it on par with every other DJI consumer model

"No DJI aircraft performs an RTH at  maximum speed, so I wouldn't expect the Mini to be any different.  Too  inefficient to run all out."

In regards to DJI drone RTH's speeds, most have a higher normal P-mode flight speed or RTH flight speed than Mavic Mini.  

Doubt RTH issue is about being run all out  and inefficient.   Instead has to do with Vision system being able to  process video fast enough to detect objects drone is rapidly  approaching.
Mavic Pro's Downward Vision System is limited to: a Velocity range of ≤ 22.4 mph (36 kph) at 6.6 ft (2 m) above ground [size=7.000000pt]

[size=7.000000pt]Mavic Mini Downward Vision System: Note  that the Vision System may not function properly when the aircraft is  flying too fast. Fly with caution when flying at over 10 m/s (32.8 ft/s)  at 2 m (6.6 ft) or over 5 m/s (16.4 ft) at 1 m (3.3 ft)

Updated since it wasn't picked up...
Actually it isn't a case of Downward Vision system lacking needed processing speed.
But it does point to obtuse use of M/S in Mavic Mini manual.   10m/s is 22.4 Mph.  

2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok so would you agree that all dji craft should Rth at max speed, always remembering that these are small aircraft flying through the air no longer under the control of their user, all your doing is opening a Pandora’s box, trying to push out the limits to suit others ignorances, I know if my drone loses signal how it will get home, why should it be any different for anyone else ?

I know if I need to fly in stronger winds I must pay more for a different drone, in fact if I own and run a business I know that using prosumer drones is not a good idea and so I pay more.

What your looking for doesn’t make any sense, is not needed, won’t be introduced for very good reasons, but everything you complain about can very easily be remedied with simple follow the instructions, but you seem to think that because you can stretch the instructions then it should be done.
2020-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-17 09:31
"No DJI aircraft performs an RTH at  maximum speed, so I wouldn't expect the Mini to be any different.  Too  inefficient to run all out."

Actually it isn't a case of Downward Vision system lacking needed processing speed.
But it does point to obtuse use of M/S in Mavic Mini manual.   10m/s is 22.4 Mph.  

2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The whole thing now is bordering on the ridiculous, I’m reading Mavic mini was not marketed at Pilots and this is the reason it should fly home at sport mode speed, but the drone that was most targeted by a mile at new users was a Mavic Pro, yet that didn’t change Rth to sport mode, that drone flew with same pitch at 22mph in Rth and still does, this is a much bigger heavier craft and it only flys in Rth at 22mph, but by far the users of this drone can manage to use this drone can read their manual understand it have the common sense and savvy to just simply look around themselves and commit to flying or not.
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flycaster Posted at 3-17 09:08
I do not own a MM, but from what I have read here, and other places, to meet the goal of sub 250 gm. weight, compromises had to be made on the build, body materials (arms flexing under load contacting body), the motor/esc/prop combination seems to be right on the edge of servicability, (not enough force errors), IMU issues, and let alone an unexpected breeze....

I’m not sure what you mean, I own a mini and it works exactly as it says on the tin, I can’t ask for anymore than that, I don’t need it to fly faster in Rth I don’t need it to fly higher faster.
I don’t need it to translate M/S to mph or even kph , I’m an adult with some education behind me I can work things out and what’s more so can almost all who adorn and visit this forum .
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I think that most people would feel offended for others to say.

1/ They don’t know what metres per second are

2/ Their not capable of figuring out what it is in relation to Mph and Kph

This hobby is for Adults, they know how to figure stuff out, but trying to relay some failed Rth on the fact that users don’t know what meters per second is or they can’t figure or haven’t bothered, this is just insulting to others and maybe time to quit this argument. We’re all adults here full stop .
2020-3-17
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

No, you just want to keep it in the air...
2020-3-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Maybe there isn't enough CPU power and/or RAM to process everything while keeping the bird in the air w/o crashing at max speed in RTH?  Then, there should be an option to allow certain functions to be disabled to allocate those resources to the quad to fly 75° at full speed?

It takes computational power.  In Betaflight, you can change the protocol and the KHz.  You can change other things too and watch the CPU load go up or down.  With an F7 flight controller, maxing nearly everything makes the CPU load 10-11%, with an F4, it's just under 30%.  Some people had their quads fall out of the sky but it could have been because of other things.  You can even run at 4KHz instead of 8k/8k and drop it down to 4 and this is w/ no GPS and other things to calculate.  Just under load at idle.

If nothing can be done about the RTH as it would result in a crash then, it would be as bad as the people affected by the coronavirus.  You are on your own.  There is 2 options.  Involve or don't involve but if you already have involved, don't fly when winds say 13mph or higher.   You need to do your own research and establish your own list of conduct.  If you have a higher-end DJI drone, you don't have to worry about it.  Even the Spark would work.

The Spark was good but if they put the Mini camera on it, the Air wouldn't sell.

I messed up and lost the original of this.  I was new to post-production and kept rerendering the render.  Optical Flow then deleted the rest w/o realizing the side-effects.
2020-3-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-17 10:45
I think that most people would feel offended for others to say.

When I first got into FPV (external monitor on the TX) it was just m/s.  I had Feiyu-tech so my understanding was meters.  I've stuck with it since.
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 3-17 11:08
When I first got into FPV (external monitor on the TX) it was just m/s.  I had Feiyu-tech so my understanding was meters.  I've stuck with it since.

Hopefully it wasn’t that difficult, I’m sitting beside an 8 year old who knows what it is .
2020-3-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-17 11:16
Hopefully it wasn’t that difficult, I’m sitting beside an 8 year old who knows what it is .

When people are up in the air they need to reference the numbers so when I see say 200m I know it's far.  I was losing VTX hard in DIY quads that far out.  Feiyu-tech had RTH so it always comes back.  It would be confusing to mental math that into feet.

As long as people are familiar, it works.  If not, it doesn't.
2020-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-17 10:26
I don't understand what is confusing (obtuse is not the correct term in this context) about m/s?  It's no different than converting between mph & kph.  Neither takes more than a moment.

Obtuse in m/s is not a common way to express speed.  
Say wind speed of 5m/s to most people and they can not relate it to a gentle breeze or a howling wind.
Say wind speed of 18 Kph (to those using metric system) and they would relate it to windy.
Few Americans would be able to relate 18 Kph to what wind it was like.

If you have ever seen any of Late Night TV Street Interviews asking common people questions like who is President or name a Country, you know most are not going to have any concept of wind speed when expressed in m/s.
2020-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-17 10:18
All the other models have larger, more powerful, motors too.  The Phantom 2 & Phantom 3 Standard both RTH at the same 22 mph, 10 m/s speed.  Neither has a Vision system.

Then I think we can agree, Mavic Mini not Returning Home at it's higher capable flight speed (Sports) mode has nothing to do with limit on its Vision system?

Leading to one less reason for DJI not to change Mavic Mini's RTH to drone's Sport Mode flying speed.

Be interesting to know how many who read Mavic Mini's "Downward Vision System: Note:" on flying to fast and caution of 10 m/s mentally knew it was 22.4 Mph....
2020-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Only a clown would keep up this ridiculous stupid idiotic argument that people are loosing their drones because of meters per second, it’s lunacy and I couldn’t say enough ridiculous things about whoever is trying to hang this on problems with Mavic mini. Many use inches feet yards miles, furlongs , centimeters, meters , kilometers  and yet we all learn as we grow to understand what they all mean and how to figure them out, and for an adult it’s very simple, to learn meters per second to miles or kilometers is equally as simple.

Does this clown of a poster really think he can continue to insult all here demeaning intelligent people trying to make others think that bright intelligent people cannot figure out what 8 M/S is. Remember these people managed to activate a drone and sign into this forum, I think even that qualifies them capable of figuring out what meters per second are and it’s no harder than figuring out what meters are.
So hopefully this ignorance of others intelligence will be discontinued from this thread now, because it doesn’t look like anyone is interested in running with this ridiculous statements.
2020-3-17
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-17 09:02
No DJI aircraft performs an RTH at maximum speed, so I wouldn't expect the Mini to be any different.  Too inefficient to run all out.  I would think a good compromise would be having the Mini RTH at 22 mph (~10 m/s).  This would put it on par with every other DJI consumer model.

I think that would be a reasonable compromise.
2020-3-17
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-17 13:32
Only a clown would keep up this ridiculous stupid idiotic argument that people are loosing their drones because of meters per second, it’s lunacy and I couldn’t say enough ridiculous things about whoever is trying to hang this on problems with Mavic mini. Many use inches feet yards miles, furlongs , centimeters, meters , kilometers  and yet we all learn as we grow to understand what they all mean and how to figure them out, and for an adult it’s very simple, to learn meters per second to miles or kilometers is equally as simple.

Does this clown of a poster really think he can continue to insult all here demeaning intelligent people trying to make others think that bright intelligent people cannot figure out what 8 M/S is. Remember these people managed to activate a drone and sign into this forum, I think even that qualifies them capable of figuring out what meters per second are and it’s no harder than figuring out what meters are.

People have lost their drone because they put the drone in situations they cannot handle.  It's not the same as people who have money and can get a loan w/ means to pay it back.  It's where, if you run out of fuel in the air in the middle of the ocean w/o a water plane, you are going to crash into the Ocean considering you cannot mid-air refuel or ride thermal convections in a glider.  If you have a 15m/s headwind and you can only do 8m/s you will not be able to push back.  Like trying to bench 225lbs but being only capable of 135lbs.

The Mini is incapable of cutting through the wind.  I do not have a Mini myself but from the reports of people losing theirs and seeing a video of someone not being able to fly back we can come to the conclusion that it's performance incapable under certain conditions.
2020-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules