501 3 2020-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
United States

Hello,

I will post this thread for the Mini user.
I have the Mavic Air and Mavic Mini (for trip).
For the flight records, on the Go_4 I have the distance and time cumulated of the Mavic Air (up to now it is ok), on the Fly app, I have for the total flight the sum of the Mini and the Air (?) and the flight details of the Mavic Mini.
Did I miss something in the setup, or it is a bug in the app?

I have imagined to see the details of the Mini in Fly app and why not the some in the DJI go 4, and with the possibility to switch page with the different drone.

Do you have the issue as me for Mavic using DJI Go 4 and Mini ?

Thanks for your feedback

2020-3-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jerome,

The Mavic Mini is a different concept for drone enthusiasts than the Mavic Air.  The Mavic Mini is not intended to be a "full service" drone and the DJI Fly app is not intended to be a "full service" flight app.  The Mavic Mini is intended to be a "bare bones" and very affordable drone.  

But the DJI design and manufacturing has turned out a very capable Mavic Mini for the beginning flier.  Like it is for a lot of other fliers, this level of quality in a beginner drone is confusing.  There is a natural expectation that the Mavic Mini would be more integrated with the other Mavics rather than a stand alone product.  The Mavic Mini is also a Sub-250 drone - but that is another story.

I do also have the Mavic Mini and the Mavic Air.  But, I also have and work with many of the Phantom series of full service photography drones.  What you are seeing with your two Mavics is what DJI intended for the drone market.  There is nothing wrong with your set-up and there is no bug.  Everything you are doing appears to be as designed by DJI.  Flying each different DJI product is a unique experience and a lot of fun!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-15
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

There is a tab to select aircraft in the Go app, but it doesn’t seem to work at the moment
2020-3-15
Use props
JeromeM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178793 ft
United States

Update from my side. In Fly app I need to disable the synchronization of the flight to have the value of the Mini
2020-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules