GEO ZONE - unable to fly
478 4 2020-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MBender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 807116 ft
Poland

Because the weather got better I went out to do some droning.

Alas, when I reached the spot I wanted to take some videos and photos I got a red GEO ZONE error and was unable to fly. Now, there IS an airpot in my home city, but I was still well away from the airports exclusion zone. I checked the maps (ticked all the zones) and I was in a warning zone - meaning I should be able to fly with some restrictions. I tried setting the max altitude to something very small (like 10m), but nothing helped - the drone wouldn't start, and kept the error.

I find this a serious problem. I know well enough not to fly where not permitted, but the area where I was was NOT a red zone. So why wasn't I able to take off?
2020-3-15
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

DID THE FLYSAFE MAP INSIDE DJI FLY SAY IT WAS A RED ZONE OR A BLUE ZONE?
2020-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day MBender. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you further with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to help you. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your support.
2020-3-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm in a flight path of the airport in my town, but I can still fly with a height limitations of 392 ft.
2020-3-15
Use props
MBender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 807116 ft
Poland

fans7e30011f Posted at 3-15 08:34
DID THE FLYSAFE MAP INSIDE DJI FLY SAY IT WAS A RED ZONE OR A BLUE ZONE?

The map showed a warning zone (yellow). This is near the airport, but still well away. I should be able to fly 30m upwards without breaking any rules in this area.
2020-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules