Skier DESTROYS drone and attacks drone operators!
1594 12 2020-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

This may have been a staged/fake incident but here's DroningON's analysis of the incident and video which has since become viral!

2020-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day sergeant. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video with us about a Skier who almost got hit by a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and confronted the pilot of the said drone. I hope that you will get the best reaction and feedback from our valued DJI co pilots with regards to this video. Thank you and please be safe always.
2020-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I saw it.
2020-3-17
Use props
sergeant
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Pretty sure that it's staged/fake, the original video has now been take up by ViralHog and so the guys that staged this are making good money. Quite frustrating, because it doesn't look good for drones.
2020-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

sergeant Posted at 3-17 02:27
Pretty sure that it's staged/fake, the original video has now been take up by ViralHog and so the guys that staged this are making good money. Quite frustrating, because it doesn't look good for drones.

It was weeks ago that I watched it.
Could be fake indeed.
2020-3-17
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Yep. Staged Poor acting skills. Over the top swearing. And a cheap sacrificial drone!
2020-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dorset_Horn Posted at 3-17 11:27
Yep. Staged Poor acting skills. Over the top swearing. And a cheap sacrificial drone!

You might be right indeed.
2020-3-18
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

You might be right indeed.
2020-3-18
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

True or fake is beside the point.
The droners are idiots for flying in the vicinity of the run, and we have all seen uneventful videos where this is done, haven't we? There are all sorts of tossers in the world, why antagonise them? Just think about it from someone elses perspective. The skier, in this case, is focussing on staying upright, who knows if he is a brilliant skier of a runaway train type like me. Either way, the skier cant know if the idiot droner has seen him/her and if they are going to collide with the drone. A fall is particularly dangerous at speed.
We all know there are some pretty stupid people with drones. You see their videos here all the time. Perhaps this is their first flight, how crazy would that be to fly in this location?
We know from videos on YouTube about ignorant people. The sort who drive into the parking spot while you line up for the move. People who jump queues or panic buy bog-rolls etc. You cannot be sure what they might be taking or their state of mind, so why provoke them with your drone.
You might have right on your side, but that will be little comfort with your head beaten in or a smashed drone.
Just think about things from another perspective.
2020-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Must be a fake.
2020-3-27
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely fake, they obviously staged the whole thing to get views.
2020-3-28
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am wondering why everything controversial people tend to believe is fake...  should be genuine. I can't see a reason why an accident like this wasn't brought to my attention earlier. This is the first case I see captured on video.
2020-4-7
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Thanks for share.
2020-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules