10616 25 2020-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

Hello,

On my last flight I had a distrubing message "Low battery voltage. Fly with caution(Code: 110011)".

Battery level at the time was 26%. Very sterssful.

I wanted to return to homepoint ASAP, I switched to S mode, but the mini did not go full speed, only 25-29 km/h?
Evetually I reached HP and landed.

What happended?

Battery is 2 months old, recharged approx. 35 times.

LOG:
deleted due privacy

Thanks and have a nice day!

2020-3-16
Use props
Denny-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899875 ft
Germany

In your log only one cell drops in voltage from time to time. I guess you have a bad cell and need to replace the battery.
2020-3-16
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

OK, I am not satisfied just with a "guess"

Is battery included in warranty?
2020-3-16
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

That voltage level is very low. 3,3V/cell is very close to safety cut-off voltage (to prevent overdischarging and damaging the battery). Have You updated your battery?
2020-3-16
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

I did an update when I got the drone.
Drone, RC, 3 baterries, to latest version.

No problems till now...
2020-3-16
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

I suggest to watch the levels in log next flights and definitively land earlier (for safety, unless you are sure battery works as it used to).
You was flying at very low temperature 500ft high with strong wind warning, that is very hard for battery, so I don think that it is damaged, but be carefull next few flights.
2020-3-16
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

If you don't start with a full battery you risk inaccurate readings. It is normal towards the end of a long flight in challenging conditions the battery isn't up to a freshly charged one.

Best strategy is to fly from full and going upwind first.
2020-3-16
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

m80116 Posted at 3-16 05:45
If you don't start with a full battery you risk inaccurate readings. It is normal towards the end of a long flight in challenging conditions the battery isn't up to a freshly charged one.

Best strategy is to fly from full and going upwind first.

This is EXCACTLY CORRECT

There is VOLTAGE and there are MilliAmp hours.

Similar to your gas tank......You have gas whether is FULL, or at 1/8 tank    you still have GAS

You started at 96%....voltage was 4.0x vdc.....had you started with a FULLY CHARGED battery your 26% voltage should have been 3.65 or so.......from 26% on down you were flying on a wing and a prayer.

As stated 3.2 or 3.3 can cause auto landing or system shut down.....DON'T rely ONLY on the %, always take a moment and look at your cell VOLTAGE.....you should be heading HOME by 3.7vdc/cell

Randy
2020-3-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

rwynant V1 Posted at 3-16 09:16
This is EXCACTLY CORRECT

There is VOLTAGE and there are MilliAmp hours.

Hi Randy,

I have a MM myself, checked many MM files and 3.7 is not the value for heading to home.
MM low cell warning is 3.0 volts, normal MM values are shown in the chart.

With normal temperatures 10% batt > 3.2 volts, no problem with flying.

cheers
JJB
MMbattvalues.png
2020-3-16
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Usually warns you when the battery is getting towards the end of it's charge. You were at 26% so would have had battery warning at 20%. If you started without a full charge battery this can also contribute to this occurring. I get it occasionally after battery warning on a long flight.
2020-3-16
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 3-16 13:15
Hi Randy,

I have a MM myself, checked many MM files and 3.7 is not the value for heading to home.

JJB,
I keep forgetting these are Lithium ION,  not LiPo batteries and the voltages are lower......but we keep seeing these issues that "could be" voltage and power output issues with the MM.

Starting off without enough Sats is one thing.....but this descending not enough power??  Blades/Voltage/RPM/ESCs

Hmmmmm

Thank you
Randy
2020-3-16
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

Thank you all for your thoughts...

I will be carefull and examine logs for next few flights..
And I hope that it was just anomaly.

Safe and happy flying to all!
2020-3-16
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 3-16 13:15
Hi Randy,

Actually 3V per cell is the safety cut-off voltage, at this level should AC autoland immediately and turn off the engines.

I found my log from similar winter conditions (but no S-mode action), I had 20% batt left warning at 3,4V/cell and I was landing at 10% with 3,3V per cell in the log.
2020-3-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

virtual Posted at 3-17 02:40
Actually 3V per cell is the safety cut-off voltage, at this level should AC autoland immediately and turn off the engines.

I found my log from similar winter conditions (but no S-mode action), I had 20% batt left warning at 3,4V/cell and I was landing at 10% with 3,3V per cell in the log.

Hiya,

Guess its for all DJI drones different, this is a MA . from 30% to 0% because one cell is dropping below 2.6

But motors keep on spinning to the very last....

cheers
JJB
analysis1a.png
2020-3-17
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

If anyone has a low battery, resist the temptation to use sports mode. The power used is substantially greater over the time of return than a slower speed. The optimum speed will be the value DJI show for your model when measuring the flight time of the battery. Think, if sports mode gave the greatest flight duration, then they would have used it.
If you are flying into a strong headwind, there is no point using sports mode. The drone will use as much power as is available to reach the speed dictated by the stick position. Think of the normal mode as a speed limiter, not a power limiter.
2020-3-17
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

JJB* Posted at 3-17 03:01
Hiya,

Guess its for all DJI drones different, this is a MA . from 30% to 0% because one cell is dropping below 2.6

MA is using Lypo batteries? This is quite dangerous situation as 2,6V means deeply discharged lipo cell which can puff or even blow up. Safe low voltage for lipo is 3,2V per cell, safe low voltage for li-ion cell is 3V, anything below is bad with possible cell damage. See batterytempvoltagelow warning in the picture.
Disbalanced cell in pack is also bad situatin as low voltage cell is trying to "recharge" from others thereby the battery pack is losing energy without load.

P.S. It is strange that there was no reaction (like auto RTH) on BATTERYTEMPVOLTAGELOW warning, as today's Failsafe cut-off knows voltage of each individual cell. They used to be preset to 3x3,2=9,6Volts for 3-cell pack for example but it is kind of oldschool today (becase of what you see on the picture, one cell deeply discharged while overall voltage is in safe level). There should be loud alarm as soon as one cell reaches 3V (or 3,2V) in today's safety standards...

2020-3-17
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

Hello, I got another situation, low voltege warning??

log : https://app.airdata.com/share/aaoSlA

It was little windy, but after voltage warning everthing became strange..

Unresponsive stick in sport mode: forward (max 20 km/h) and UNRESPONSIVE up stick !
Changing mode to P and C - unresponsive up stick !

What the hell is happening?
Help!
2020-4-28
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I want to ask, did you take off on a full battery?
2020-4-28
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

No, i did not. Approx 60%.
Does it matter?
If I want to do multiple locations with one battery, why it would matter?
2020-4-28
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Skrajnik Posted at 4-28 14:23
No, i did not. Approx 60%.
Does it matter?
If I want to do multiple locations with one battery, why it would matter?

Well, the reason I ask is less about multiple locations on the same day and more to do with leaving a partially used battery and flying another day. It can cause issues with incorrect voltage and remaining battery power like what you are experiencing. Don't partially use a battery, pack it away and fly the rest on another day.
2020-4-28
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

If I understand correctly:
1. It is OK to fly multiple locations with one batt. in same day
2. not OK to fly same batt. in timespan of 2-3 days
(like mountain trip, where you do 2 quickshots, every couple of hours, over - let`s say - 2 days?)

Why did aircraft not respond to up stick command?
(last part of the flight)
2020-4-28
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Skrajnik Posted at 4-28 14:37
If I understand correctly:
1. It is OK to fly multiple locations with one batt. in same day
2. not OK to fly same batt. in timespan of 2-3 days

I'm just telling you why and when it happens, nothing more. If you fly with a stored partially used battery it can give false power readings and also cause voltage faults that you are experiencing. If you want to avoid it, don't fly on partially charged batteries. Take a power bank and charge the partially charged batteries to full if you are on a mountain trip is my advice.
2020-4-28
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

Ok, now I understand

It could be false alarm,reading, or real problem.. we do not know.
But for beginner drone - I think this is too advanced problem to ignore, DJI?

Thank you for your kindness!

ps: unresponsive up stick, I do not understand. Is it possible because of high wind? Or programmed behaviour or BUG in this situation(s)?
2020-4-28
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Skrajnik Posted at 4-28 15:07
Ok, now I understand

It could be false alarm,reading, or real problem.. we do not know.

I'd say it's all related to the voltage issue. The drone is telling you it doesn't have enough power so may become unresponsive to commands requiring power. I personally have experienced the voltage error and in my experience it happened when I flew on a battery that wasn't freshly charged but one that I came back to a few days later like yourself. That's why I asked you if you flew on a fully charged battery from the start... There's a lot to the batteries. There's a reason the remote starts beeping like crazy at 20% remaining etc. They don't want you flying it down to 0%. It's not good for the battery health. There's a lot of other stuff about flying in low temps can cause battery issues etc. Have a look on google there are a few official DJI websites on it all.
2020-4-28
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Slovenia

Thanks,man,will have all that in mind from now on..

But .. my friend with me, flew mavic 2 pro .. did not have any issues, same conditions!

I know,I know, it is pro 2, little joking haha
2020-4-28
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

They have different batteries. MP2 battery are LiPo. MM battery are Li-ion.
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules