Factory defect with landing. Customer support not helpful.
518 3 2020-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_2OfodYwcpqX3
lvl.1

United States

Hi,  first time poster.  I recently bought a new Mavic 2 Pro to fly while my other one is in the shop.  On the first flight i noticed an issue.  When i go to land, the copter slows down at about 6-8 ft with the stick pressed all the way down, as it should.  Both my other M2P and P4P did this.  However with this one, once it gets to about 2 ft, the slowing function completely stops and it goes full speed to the ground.  I have VPS, RTF, landing protection, and Obstacle avoidance all turned on.  I have calibrated IMU, compass, and vision sensors.  I spent forever with customer support via online chat and he told me to do a factory reset.  After wasting hours of my time, i realize you cant do a factory reset on the Mavic 2 version of Assitant 2.  I did read online that you can do it with the Mavic 1 version, so i downloaded it and it says it doesnt support my current iOS Cantalina.  This was on Friday and customer service chat was closed for the weekend.  So today, when they re opened i started a chat and told them that the app doesnt support factory reset for Mavic 2 Pro.  And the customer support agent says "yeah, i know."  so they had me waste hours of my time, knowing that???  Now they are telling me to try to re calibrate the IMU.  This is extrememly frustrating.  I spent $1450 on this copter(no remote) and an extra $150 on Care Refresh and now they are just brushing off this faulty gear as if its no big deal.  Feels like they should already have a new one in the mail and have me send this back once it arrives... or a coupon or discount or apology or something!!!  It just feels like DJI knows they have a monopoly on the industry without much competition and that they can just dangle us by a string.  
Does anyone have any suggestions?

2020-3-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Where did you purchase it from? Amazon? B and H Photo? Costco?
If it soon enough, just return it for an exchange. (30 days?)
If you purchased it thru DJI, then you more than likely, have to send it in for repair.
2020-3-16
Use props
djiuser_2OfodYwcpqX3
lvl.1

United States

Flycaster Posted at 3-16 12:40
Where did you purchase it from? Amazon? B and H Photo? Costco?
If it soon enough, just return it for an exchange. (30 days?)
If you purchased it thru DJI, then you more than likely, have to send it in for repair.

I bought it on B and H.  I bought it on the 6th, and received on the 12th.  I just dropped my other Mavic 2 Pro off in Miami for repairs, I cant send this one off until that one comes back.  I use these daily for work, which is why i bought a new one to use while this one is out for repairs.  Now DJI is telling me if its not back within 15 calendar days, i have to pay to fix a faulty drone thats their fault!!! if i knew i was going to have to go days without a drone, i would have never spent another $1500 on a new one.  I'm really hating them right now.
2020-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we apologize for the difficulties with the drone and unpleasant experience with our online support, Mavic 2 Pro cannot be reset to factory settings, even with the DJI Assistant 2 of Mavic 1 version, the aircraft could not be recognized.
It is recommended to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2, if there is no luck, could you please sync your flight records and then provide us with your DJI account and a short video of the landing so that we could forward to our engineers for verification?
In addition, may we verify the email account you used to contact our online support? Is it the same with your Forum account? Thank you in advance.
2020-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules